Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I strongly disagree...

All agents should do this because what get if they don't, is the Organization manipulating the narrative publicly that said player might just stay. When both sides know that a lie.

Why manipulate the fan base and other fans world wide. Then when that player leaves, he takes a hit publicly; thats not fair.
    So manipulating the league is somehow better?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

I mean I would love for someone to tell me outside of the market, why are all the other 27 teams so bad that you shouldn’t even give up assets for AD? What do LAL and NYK have right now over all those teams?
    It just depends if Ad even wants to step foot in those other cities. If a player like a certain city, thats his business.

It doesn't mean that player will get a chance to play for that city he likes. & to answer your question, any team can give up assets for AD, they are just letting you know, it's only going to be a 1yr rental.

& there is nothing wrong with that, they are letting everyone know. Thats a great thing. So now they know what assets they would part with.

It's a win, win.

Pels had plenty of time to trade AD, not want until his last season.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Manipulating the league is built in to the entire league. This is what happens when you have a soft cap. The cap can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Player movement can be manipulated in a variety of ways.

Organizations have no loyalty towards players so why should a player have loyalty to the organization. Think of it from a players prospective. Why would he want to pack up his family and go to a city for 1 year knowing he doesn’t want to stay there.

I’d much rather know a head of time as a GM before I ship my best assets for a player who’s planning on going elsewhere the next season anyways. It’s actually beneficial to all sides involved except the team trading the player. But I have no pity for them. If they were a better run organization they wouldn’t be in the middle of this mess

Just letting you know big business doesn't care about you, so you shouldn't give a second thought about them.

& i don't believe it's manipulating the League, the players are giving the Organization a heads up that they will not re-sign with them or anyone that you trade them to. They want to be free agency with no strings attached.

The Organizations on the most part have 7 yrs with the player, if you can't form a partnership with 7yrs time, you shouldn't be in this line of business.
    Last edited by Dade County; 06-12-2019 at 03:10 PM.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Manipulating the league is built in to the entire league. This is what happens when you have a soft cap. The cap can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Player movement can be manipulated in a variety of ways.
    And I agree on the cap front. I don't think the cap should have ever jumped, I think exemptions for teams over the soft cap should go away, there should be some Bird-expemtions that go away. But an outside force (Rich Paul) being able to dictate player movement to this degree is a huge problem IMO.

Organizations have no loyalty towards players so why should a player have loyalty to the organization. Think of it from a players prospective. Why would he want to pack up his family and go to a city for 1 year knowing he doesn’t want to stay there.
    My answer to this will always be the same. No one forces them to sign a deal for this long. Want to dictate where you go if they were to trade you, get a no trade clause or trade kicker. And I say that in all sports. I'm tired of players all around complaining about their situation but being the ones that signed that long of a contract with a team in that position in the first place.

I’d much rather know a head of time as a GM before I ship my best assets for a player who’s planning on going elsewhere the next season anyways. It’s actually beneficial to all sides involved except the team trading the player.
    Sure. But again, do it privately. Give the Celtics permission to talk to Rich Paul, and he can express to them that AD is highly unlikely to stay. Leave it up to Ange. That lets him negotiate with Griffin to get a lower price, or allows it to be his decision to walk away from the table. Right not Rich Paul is making that decision for him and it doesn't sit well with me.

But I have no pity for them. If they were a better run organization they wouldn’t be in the middle of this mess
    I have little pity for the Pelicans too. I'm not sympathizing with them at all. They held onto a crap GM for too long. Hell I would have fired him after he signed Asik, Moore, and Hill to those crap deals the year the cap spiked. I would have fired him for not filling out a better roster years ago.

But, as I asked in the other thread and you alluded to: Players want a good front office, good coach, good teammates. Lakers have 1 good teammate (LeBron), and the Knicks have a good coach (Fizdale). Outside of those things, these franchises have the same issues that the NOP have.

Like is he that closed off to those things that he would say no if a McCollum/Davis trade came? Nurkic and Lillard would be his best pair of teammates ever, that's a great front office, and Stotts is a great coach. Portland itself is a good **** city too. I've been there twice and it's awesome.

Sure. But again, do it privately. Give the Celtics permission to talk to Rich Paul, and he can express to them that AD is highly unlikely to stay. Leave it up to Ange. That lets him negotiate with Griffin to get a lower price, or allows it to be his decision to walk away from the table. Right not Rich Paul is making that decision for him and it doesn't sit well with me.

This doesn't work. The front offices still makes the trade & then try to convince the player to stay with a year long brain washing campaign. Also the media gets behind it, so that in return gets the fan base involved & it's just one big lie. Which is not right. Just like how they are doing with Kawhi & what they did with Irving.

Both of these players had their preferred destination.

The players union should try to put an end to, somehow.
    Last edited by Dade County; 06-12-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    This doesn't work. The front offices still makes the trade & then try to convince the player to stay with a year long brain washing campaign. Also the media gets behind it, so that in return gets the fan base involved & it's just one big lie. Which is not right. Just like how they are doing with Kawhi & what they did with Irving.

Both of these players had their preferred destination.

The players union should try to put an end to, somehow.
    So a team trying to sell themselves to a player is brainwashing?

The players union should put an end to teams trying to be better? That’s a good thing you know that right? The more teams that are better, the more people will watch, the more money will come in.

And how exactly do you propose the NBPU denies teams from trading for a player.

ON3 LAST DANC3

R. Johnson#3 Inv3stm3nt Prop3rti3s, LLC. Wh3r3 Champions Ar3 Born!

Hopefully the Lakers get him and trade half the farm. Don’t want him on the Knicks with that price tag

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Ainge gives zero ****s about what Rich Paul says. He’s calling their bluff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i were the NBA, if AD gets traded to the Celtics, I would ask Paul for his Cell Phone info at the end year. And look at conversations between the Lakers, Lebron about anything about trying to screw the Celtics. If it happens the Lakers should not only lose their rights to get Davis, but 2 first round picks as well.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    If i were the NBA, if AD gets traded [anywhere not the Lakers or Knicks], I would ask Paul for his Cell Phone info at the end year. And look at conversations between the Lakers, Lebron about anything about trying to screw [his current team]. If it happens the Lakers should not only lose their rights to get Davis, but 2 first round picks as well.
    I'm not trusting this situation or Rich Paul at all.

Sounding like LeBron is going to get his guy and then Kyrie. AD has instructed Paul to get him to the Lakers.

Kyrie
    Hart
    Ingram
    LeBron
    AD

ON3 LAST DANC3

R. Johnson#3 Inv3stm3nt Prop3rti3s, LLC. Wh3r3 Champions Ar3 Born!

I'm not trusting this situation or Rich Paul at all.
    I'm not thinking even the Knicks. I think he even tries to **** the Knicks over for Lebron.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Sounding like LeBron is going to get his guy and then Kyrie. AD has instructed Paul to get him to the Lakers.

Kyrie
    Hart
    Ingram
    LeBron
    AD
    Who's the sauce? Cause like you, i too have sauces.

PAPI SMASH!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast