Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

AD asking price set

Griffin has reportedly set his asking price in AD talks.

All Star player
    A young player with All Star potential
    2 first round draft picks

The ask is on a sliding scale so the better the player, the lesser the picks. Or the better the picks the lesser the players.

Whatís the most your team should offer

City of Champions

With Kyrie having 2 feet out the door already, the most Iíd want the Celtics to offer is...

Hayward (All Star player)
    Brown (young player with All star potential)
    Picks #14 and 20 in this years draft

Meets their requirements for a baseline but I doubt it gets it done.

Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Davis, Horford is a nice group but not sure theyíd be a true contender. Thatís why I canít give up more than the above offer. Trading for AD is a risk and we canít afford to let our future in Tatum go for that kind of a risk.

The offers that I think would top it are from LAL if they offer #4, Kuzma, Ball, etc...

Or

NYK if they offer #3, Mitchell, Knox and Smith Jr.

I think they want someone who is an all star player. Gordon Hayward was an all star player. On top of that, you're fooling yourself if you think the Celtics are getting AD without giving up Tatum.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    With Kyrie having 2 feet out the door already, the most Iíd want the Celtics to offer is...

Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Davis, Horford is a nice group but not sure theyíd be a true contender. Thatís why I canít give up more than the above offer. Trading for AD is a risk and we canít afford to let our future in Tatum go for that kind of a risk.

The offers that I think would top it are from LAL if they offer #4, Kuzma, Ball, etc...

Or

Is Tatum off limits or would you include Rozier?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think they want someone who is an all star player. Gordon Hayward was an all star player.
    Yeah no one is touching that contract without Tatum and if the player you're getting in return is AD, they'll want Brown too. Still, thats too great a risk for a guy whos for sure leaving in a year. Boston should sit this one out unless they rape.

For my team, the Celtics. Nothing we don't need a guy that can walk after the season is over. The Lakers is probably the best match.

Kuzma, Ingram, 4th pick, 1st next year.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Here's my outside the box prediction. The Spurs

AD

for

LMA, Bryn Forbes, Raps 1st, Spurs 1st and Spurs 2020 1st

I think they want someone who is an all star player. Gordon Hayward was an all star player. On top of that, you're fooling yourself if you think the Celtics are getting AD without giving up Tatum.
    As I clearly stated. I doubt that deal would get AD. Itís just the most Iíd offer based on the framework Griffin laid out.

With how our team is currently constructed I donít see the point in trading for Davis at all. But if that package got him, Iíd do it. Anything more of significance, I wouldnít offer.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Is Tatum off limits or would you include Rozier?
    Heís a RFA so that complicates a trade a little but I wouldnít be opposed to S&T Rozier as part of a package

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah no one is touching that contract without Tatum and if the player you're getting in return is AD, they'll want Brown too. Still, thats too great a risk for a guy whos for sure leaving in a year. Boston should sit this one out unless they rape.
    Exactly. Which is why Iíd offer what I proposed and thatís it. Not including Tatum. But I would include Brown if it rids us of Haywardís contract.

Boston isnít getting involved unless itís clearly in their favor and they at minimum get some indication from AD that heíd consider resigning

As I clearly stated. I doubt that deal would get AD. Itís just the most Iíd offer based on the framework Griffin laid out.

With how our team is currently constructed I donít see the point in trading for Davis at all. But if that package got him, Iíd do it. Anything more of significance, I wouldnít offer.
    As a fan of a team that took a gamble on getting one year of elite talent at the cost of your 1a/b player, a solid young talent and a 1st rounder I'd advise you on making the deal even if Tatum is involved. Jayson Tatum will not be as good as Anthony Davis.

As a fan of a team that took a gamble on getting one year of elite talent at the cost of your 1a/b player, a solid young talent and a 1st rounder I'd advise you on making the deal even if Tatum is involved. Jayson Tatum will not be as good as Anthony Davis.
    Your team wanted to blow it up soon anyways, Derozen is not that valuable imo, the young talent boston has is more than solid and their picks are better too

Or

The problem with this deal is I'm not sure Hayward helps the Celtics at all. You're treating him like an All-Star here, but you're talking about a guy who's a year and a half removed from a gruesome injury, is making $30 million a year and averaged 12/5/3 last season coming off the bench. He's making max money, but there's no indication at this point that he's even capable of fringe All-Star caliber production, much less max dollars.

Bottom line, Hayward isn't a plus in a trade right now. He's a minus.

That's way too much to give up for AD imo

And then AD leaves after a year and where are we?

Youíre comparing 2 completely different scenarios here. DeRozen was what he was. Good player but he reached his ceiling. Tatum hasnít. You had a roster that was finishing atop the East for multiple years but kept running into LeBron. Weíre a roster that just added an elite piece and ended up finishing worse than the year prior.

Thereís no logical reason for us to give up Tatum. No team is offering a similar player. Because they donít have one. LAL canít offer a player with that type of production and ceiling. The closest they have is Kuzma. and NYK donít have anyone close. So why should Boston offer him up?

Yeah LAL and NYK can offer up premium draft picks, but Iíd take Tatum over any player available in this draft at 3 or 4.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast