Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Questions Thread

Rules and in game question go here
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

This doesn't clarify whether or not the Nets-Hawks trade has happened.

ALL ROSTERS WILL BE STARTING A DAY AFTER THE FINALS. No Real Life trades are in effect for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    This doesn't clarify whether or not the Nets-Hawks trade has happened.
    ehhhh, probably not going to have it happen.
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Can we get more immediate/quick FA signings of role players? Like the sort you actually get on midnight of July 1st? I've just always thought that the mechanics of this game's free agency sort of made it impossible for people to get non-star FAs at reasonable prices. Like it sucks that you make a fair offer to a player, and the response is "well, he knows 15 teams are still gonna have max space after the stars settle so he's not taking anything less." If you go after a star and miss, you shouldn't be able to immediately jump to the top of every B-free agent's list, I guess. If people want to focus on non-stars in free agency, I think we should reward that.
    POOP

Meh, after my year running the NFL one and trying that, I'm against it TBH. It somewhat killed FA to have B-list FA's sign that fast because teams had too much money and no quality to sign.

I think my $0.02 on it would be to cut down on the amount of time until a FA signs. I forget who it was last year, but I was in on them (a max level player) from the start, then someone that lost out on KD jumped in about 6 days after FA opened and was able to sign that guy kinda easily. And frankly it was a little annoying because they barely put a pitch forward.

Here's the one I have as a question though, in regards to this section:
    If you are at the $132M hard cap you may go over the $132M cap to sign ONLY veteran minimum contracts to get to 12 players. Once you are over this limit and reach the 12 player roster limit, you may not add any salary. And each subsequent trade you make, you must both match salaries at 105% of the salary (or you can shed salary) AND maintain your 12 player roster limit. If you make a trade that gets you under the 132 million hard cap, you may not go over again, even if you only have 10 players under contract. You also can't make a trade that gets you below 12 players if you are over the $132M hard cap.
    For the getting to use the minimum to sign players I have two comments/questions/requests:
    1 - (I'm going to preface I think the crazy FA period was going on when this one happened) If a player has a bigger than minimum deal on the table, I think a team over the cap getting to offer the minimum and being an option shouldn't be considered.
    2 - Can there be a minimum number of players you must have on the roster before getting to use this provision? I think last year there was a team with 6 or 7 players and were at the hard cap. Especially in the NBA game it's so easy to argue those guys don't matter.
    3 - My suggestion would be that if you are at the hard cap, you can only sign players during an 'auto sign period' like we do with the NFL game, and max it at a certain number per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Can we get more immediate/quick FA signings of role players? Like the sort you actually get on midnight of July 1st? I've just always thought that the mechanics of this game's free agency sort of made it impossible for people to get non-star FAs at reasonable prices. Like it sucks that you make a fair offer to a player, and the response is "well, he knows 15 teams are still gonna have max space after the stars settle so he's not taking anything less." If you go after a star and miss, you shouldn't be able to immediately jump to the top of every B-free agent's list, I guess. If people want to focus on non-stars in free agency, I think we should reward that.
    To and extent I agree with you, but I would certainly imagine some players still waiting.

In general, whether its me or homestar doing free agency, I think things need to be sped up a bit.
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Meh, after my year running the NFL one and trying that, I'm against it TBH. It somewhat killed FA to have B-list FA's sign that fast because teams had too much money and no quality to sign.

I think my $0.02 on it would be to cut down on the amount of time until a FA signs. I forget who it was last year, but I was in on them (a max level player) from the start, then someone that lost out on KD jumped in about 6 days after FA opened and was able to sign that guy kinda easily. And frankly it was a little annoying because they barely put a pitch forward.

Here's the one I have as a question though, in regards to this section:

For the getting to use the minimum to sign players I have two comments/questions/requests:
    1 - (I'm going to preface I think the crazy FA period was going on when this one happened) If a player has a bigger than minimum deal on the table, I think a team over the cap getting to offer the minimum and being an option shouldn't be considered.
    2 - Can there be a minimum number of players you must have on the roster before getting to use this provision? I think last year there was a team with 6 or 7 players and were at the hard cap. Especially in the NBA game it's so easy to argue those guys don't matter.
    3 - My suggestion would be that if you are at the hard cap, you can only sign players during an 'auto sign period' like we do with the NFL game, and max it at a certain number per day.
    I like this.
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    To and extent I agree with you, but I would certainly imagine some players still waiting.

In general, whether its me or homestar doing free agency, I think things need to be sped up a bit.
    Hmm. Maybe have a pre-set number ahead of time for some of the B- and C-level FAs where they'll sign when they get there? Not saying release that publicly. But like, maybe make a list of 25-30 starter level guys, set a price that's market value or maybe slightly above, and if anyone does bid that amount early, they get them.
    POOP

I will say that I am firmly against signing second and third tier guys before max guys. I think the solution is just to keep the max guys moving/signing quickly and being reasonable/not stupid about it. You can forget losing out on one star and jumping in on another unless itís a S&T for the larger max contract, so better choose wisely on who you pursue. I wonít drag out pursuits so every can go after their second and third options on the max players.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I only agree if that B-list guy gets maxed or just really overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I only agree if that B-list guy gets maxed or just really overpaid.
    yup this is really the only legitimate argument that could be made. If we care about 'realism' in the mock then this is the most unrealistic part. While some of the 'tier 2' guys in the NBA might get overpaid a little bit by waiting out for big guys to sign but there's no reason that those guys should be getting max contracts. Since the mock we do is just a 1-year thing though then saving cap for next year isn't really a concept.

Also since I'm under the impression that homestarunner93 is running FA. Based on his history of conservative support and posts about our current President that seem to be in support of everything he does.

How does this play a role in the signing and drafting of international players, which I can only assume he does not support them coming to the USA.

What's the deal with Klay and KD? Are they going to be considered healthy for next year? Or are both considered to be out? (which basically means there's no point in signing them...)
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by PatsSoxKnicks View Post
    What's the deal with Klay and KD? Are they going to be considered healthy for next year? Or are both considered to be out? (which basically means there's no point in signing them...)
    both KD and Klay are considered healthy. older injuries like Wall are still in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    both KD and Klay are considered healthy. older injuries like Wall are still in effect.
    Uhhh no? Were leaving them both as is. Please don't spread misinformation

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Rand University

Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast