Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    I wouldn't bank on Davis sticking at 3B. But we have McNeil and one of these years, Lowrie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I was. And I was wrong. I'd still get what I could for them while their value is relatively high. Not a believer in either player. We have backups at 3rd. Unfortunately we don't have anyone in the wings better than Vargas right now.
    You weren't wrong. Todd Frazier had a hot streak Vargas has too and Im really happy to see that, really. But Im also cool getting rid of their ***** for some young promising players. Its now or never. [emoji868]

Not getting anything worth more then a flyer for Vargar or Frazier, it would be like when they traded Bruce the first time, ir Duda.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Not getting anything worth more then a flyer for Vargar or Frazier, it would be like when they traded Bruce the first time, ir Duda.
    Ill take my chances.

No I'm not a big DFA person unless the guy is a distraction or just useless.
    I'm also not as high as some on JD Davis, he is awful in the field and I think he's an average bat
    I agree

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Yeah there was a post on here about needing Robles numbers this year.
    Again Bruce was not wanted here by fans and the new front office , they turned him and Swarzak who was also useles into Cano, it hasnt worked out.
    Im sure you and others complained aboutt the trade, you and others complain about every move.
    You'll be right on some and talk ceaselessly about them, and never bring up the ones you were wrong about.
    Did you want Vargas gone a month ago, how about Frazier.
    You are not quite as clever as you think you are
    Vargas and Frazier were still brutal signings. And I'm sure they'll start performing like crap again very soon.

We stuck with Vargas for a year and a few months and he's finally given us 5 solid starts.

Braves watched Kevin gausman for 2 months and said F this guy and signed keuchel.

That's what people are complaining about.

A terrible player having a good few weeks or even a couple months happens dozens of times, every year.

I remember people here clamoring for gangon and bashlor to pitch the 8th inning.

They need to fix the pen, or just admit the seasons over. The pen pitches all the time in MLB now a day's, you can't hide garbage relievers. This isn't 1975.

And now Giles is hurt, another example of how risky relievers are. Which is why you have to be loaded with them.

Unless the Mets are planning on turning back the click to the 70s and letting starters go 8 everynight they have no chance with this pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeltu08 View Post
    Vargas and Frazier were still brutal signings. And I'm sure they'll start performing like crap again very soon.

We stuck with Vargas for a year and a few months and he's finally given us 5 solid starts.

Braves watched Kevin gausman for 2 months and said F this guy and signed keuchel.

A terrible player having a good few weeks or even a couple months happens dozens of times, every year.

I remember people here clamoring for gangon and bashlor to pitch the 8th inning.

They need to fix the pen, or just admit the seasons over. The pen pitches all the time in MLB now a day's, you can't hide garbage relievers. This isn't 1975.

And now Giles is hurt, another example of how risky relievers are. Which is why you have to be loaded with them.

Unless the Mets are planning on turning back the click to the 70s and letting starters go 8 everynight they have no chance with this pen.
    Maybe Vargas will pitch like crap. But right now, he's one of the team's best stories, their ace pitcher. But sure, go ahead, talk about how bad he might be in the near or distant future and just ignore the splendid body of work he's put up since mid April.

Because if you can't beeahhcch and moan about something, why bother to write about it, no?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

That's fine. I'd take salary relief. Though I believe they can get a B-level prospect for Vargas, especially if Vargas has another decent start or two. I don't mind him on the staff. Frazier is more of an issue for me because he's blocking others and it will get more crowded soon.

Frazier is an average ball player and is being paid as such.

Vargas is a 5th starter.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe Vargas will pitch like crap. But right now, he's one of the team's best stories, their ace pitcher. But sure, go ahead, talk about how bad he might be in the near or distant future and just ignore the splendid body of work he's put up since mid April.

Because if you can't beeahhcch and moan about something, why bother to write about it, no?
    Is this Mrs Vargas?

First he "manhandled" the Yankees now he's been splendid since mid april?

5 innings is not splendid, it's acceptable from a 5th starter.

Hes pitched better than anyone expected the last few times out.

And the reason no one expected it is because of how low he set the bar. Sorry if I'm not joining his fan club for him not being a complete waste for the entire contract.

Let's see how long your love of Vargas lasts.

Is this Mrs Vargas?

And the reason no one expected it is because of how low he set the bar. Sorry if I'm not joining his fan club for him not being a complete waste for the entire contract.

He's been their ace since mid April, actually. My love of Vargas will last for as long as he keeps this up. I acknowledge trends as opposed to sticking by an agenda.

Try it some time.

Interesting you mentioned his contract, though. I admit Vargas could turn back into a pumpkin as quickly as he turned into a carriage. But if he doesn't, the Mets have to decide whether he's worth $8 million to keep next year versus the $2 million buyout. He's their best pitcher right now. If (yes, it's a big IF) he finishes up this way, the Mets will have a difficult decision to make.

Of course, they could end up trading him to a contender in a sell off long before that happens, I suppose.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Is this Mrs Vargas?

Pitched 6, actually. How'd Wheeler do against practically the same exact lineup?

He didn't fare as well, Mrs. Vargas.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Pitched 6, actually. How'd Wheeler do against practically the same exact lineup?
    The 5 innings was referring to you saying he was splendid since mid April.

From mid April till May 25th he barely pitched 5 innings a start.

Sorry, I don't consider that splendid.

As for wheeler against the same team, he was terrible.

I hardly see how that's relevant. I tend to look at overall performance and track record. Not a blip on the radar.

I understand Vargas hasn't been a train wreck but how was his 4 innings of 2 run baseball even remotely qualify as a quality 5th SP? I get the league is becoming more about bullpens but him not being atrocious is not an asset. He's taxing a bad bullpen. They might as well go to an opener if that's the case.

Vargas needs to give them length and not completely suck. If he's not, then he's no better than a struggling Wheeler or a previously struggling Syndergaard.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast