Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 244
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Anyone else think it's hilarious that we could really be using the numbers Hansel Robles and Jay Bruce are putting up this year?
    Its revisionist history, who in their right mind still wanted Robles.
    Every team has something happen like that, you think the Nats want a mulligan on leaving their pen with Treinen.
    **** happens.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,874
    Bruce is irrelevant, where was he playing at the start of the year.
    If he wass here, probably 1st base with Alonso in the minors .

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Its revisionist history, who in their right mind still wanted Robles.
    Every team has something happen like that, you think the Nats want a mulligan on leaving their pen with Treinen.
    **** happens.
    I know of at least 6 people on this forum who was against the Diaz/Cano trade. As for Robles, he always had pure stuff, just couldn't put it together here for whatever reason.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47,579
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit999 View Post
    bruce is irrelevant, where was he playing at the start of the year.
    If he wass here, probably 1st base with alonso in the minors .
    rf.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    rf.
    They didnt want Conforto in CF he had no regular spot
    Now people wanted Bruce and Robles, cmon guys stop.
    Kelenic must be slumping havent seen an update on his A ball stats here in a while

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    They didnt want Conforto in CF he had no regular spot
    Now people wanted Bruce and Robles, cmon guys stop.
    Kelenic must be slumping havent seen an update on his A ball stats here in a while
    No Kelenic is doing better in High A.
    .375/.423/.667/1.090 wOBA-.485

    People want Robles?
    People didn't want Bruce they didn't want Cano/Diaz. Bruce is gone after next season. Please stop you are embarrassing yourself now.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I know of at least 6 people on this forum who was against the Diaz/Cano trade. As for Robles, he always had pure stuff, just couldn't put it together here for whatever reason.
    I was against getting Cano and if you had to take Cano to get Diaz, I would hav passed. Kimbrel was out there. We could have gotten him without getting Cano.

    I two years, (maybe next year) this message board will be swarming with Cano posts about his ability, salary etc. Jason Bay comparisons.

    I can see the jokes now… Cano…Can-O-Spit……Cano Cannot

    FOC will regale us with George Foster and Mo Vaughn anecdotes. (Although there is nothing anecdotal about Mo.)

    Maybe we can get Albert Pujols for another 5 years.

    The Wilpons are trying to sign Big Papi at a discount.

    Cano was a mistake.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    No Kelenic is doing better in High A.
    .375/.423/.667/1.090 wOBA-.485

    People want Robles?
    People didn't want Bruce they didn't want Cano/Diaz. Bruce is gone after next season. Please stop you are embarrassing yourself now.
    Yeah there was a post on here about needing Robles numbers this year.
    Again Bruce was not wanted here by fans and the new front office , they turned him and Swarzak who was also useles into Cano, it hasnt worked out.
    Im sure you and others complained aboutt the trade, you and others complain about every move.
    You'll be right on some and talk ceaselessly about them, and never bring up the ones you were wrong about.
    Did you want Vargas gone a month ago, how about Frazier.
    You are not quite as clever as you think you are

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,874
    Kelen8c is also hurt now but you left that part out

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I was against getting Cano and if you had to take Cano to get Diaz, I would hav passed. Kimbrel was out there. We could have gotten him without getting Cano.

    I two years, (maybe next year) this message board will be swarming with Cano posts about his ability, salary etc. Jason Bay comparisons.

    I can see the jokes now… Cano…Can-O-Spit……Cano Cannot

    FOC will regale us with George Foster and Mo Vaughn anecdotes. (Although there is nothing anecdotal about Mo.)

    Maybe we can get Albert Pujols for another 5 years.

    The Wilpons are trying to sign Big Papi at a discount.

    Cano was a mistake.
    We got it its the same tired jokes.
    The Mets are trading for Pujols and Cabrera .
    The Cano Diaz trade may be a badd one, Im not declaring that 3 months in.
    Some of you guys want to be right on it so bad. I dont get it, why would you want the team you suppossedly root for to lose the trade.
    It makes no sense, the owner isnt leaving if its a bad trade hes a billionaire hes going to be ok

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,407
    I think it might be beneficial for all if we discuss the here and the now.

    We can't change the past.

    All it is is.......
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I think it might be beneficial for all if we discuss the here and the now.

    We can't change the past.

    All it is is.......
    Agree with you Paul

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Kelen8c is also hurt now but you left that part out
    So he isn’t doing better?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    47,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Agree with you Paul
    Yet you brought up Kelenic.

    I guess you must have forgotten.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I know of at least 6 people on this forum who was against the Diaz/Cano trade. As for Robles, he always had pure stuff, just couldn't put it together here for whatever reason.
    IIRC i liked the deal until i saw the money. I thought we were getting Cano for like 5/60MM I would still be ok with that today but, we’re stuck with this sack of **** for 20MM a year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •