Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Subway Series Mets at Yanks

Battle of the aces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly doubt we get a game in tonight.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Highly doubt we get a game in tonight.

Is the game to be played or is it going to be rainout?
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Rain out.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Rain out.
    Yeah, just received the update on mobile. Doubleheader tomorrow.
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Its a shame this game isn't Wednesday because I would skip over Vargas even with him pitching better as of late. I think they said during the SNY broadcast that Vargas is 0-7 against the Yankees lifetime and I can't expect we're going to hit Tanaka.

I hope all the signs that point to a loss in the opener end up coming out in the Met's favor. I would love to see the 2 game sweep but that almost never happens with us and the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its a shame this game isn't Wednesday because I would skip over Vargas even with him pitching better as of late. I think they said during the SNY broadcast that Vargas is 0-7 against the Yankees lifetime and I can't expect we're going to hit Tanaka.

I hope all the signs that point to a loss in the opener end up coming out in the Met's favor. I would love to see the 2 game sweep but that almost never happens with us and the Yankees.
    For that 0-7 to be meaningful I'd want to know what his 3 prior starts were to each of those losses. Data without proper context are pointless numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    For that 0-7 to be meaningful I'd want to know what his 3 prior starts were to each of those losses. Data without proper context are pointless numbers.
    Not necessarily. Some guys just do poorly against some teams, regardless of the talent on the roster. Could be the types of hitters they generally have, could be the ballpark, could be the hitting coach being overly familiar with the pitcher...

If Vargas fares that poorly against the Yankees historically, I'd avoid sending him out there, if possible. Even pitching well as he is now.

EDIT: But since you asked, he faced the Yanks in back-to-back starts in 2017, during that first half which Sandy Alderson fell in love with and was the basis for signing him, he gave up six runs over 4 innings and then three runs over 6 innings. That second start is actually a quality start, but those two totals were the highest and second-highest amounts of runs he gave up in any game in that first half.
    Last edited by JoeGamer81; 06-11-2019 at 12:06 PM.

I swear to god if Vargas comes out to the mound tonight without the juicy curls... He has been in sage mode so tonight, he breaks the streak.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

McNeil!!!!

McNeil is awesome, awesome is McNeil.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

[emoji2537]

**** you Rosario!!!!!

Not only did he miss the base, he couldnít even complete the DP. Sick of this ****er playing SS.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    **** you Rosario!!!!!

Not only did he miss the base, he couldnít even complete the DP. Sick of this ****er playing SS.
    Idk about this ****er stuff, but all this **** is because of him. Now McNeil looks hurt [emoji35]

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    **** you Rosario!!!!!

He's just not a good SS.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast