Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not sure how Bohemian Rhapsody hasnít had any mention. Combine itís original run in 75í with the resurgence in both 91/92 and 2018 along with the influence on music videos and I think itís gotta be up there as a top choice.

Other songs that I would put up for consideration are Candle in the Wind, Good Vibrations, Stairway to Heaven, American Pie. I know thereís more but those are the first that come to mind

Anything by the 8th wonder of the world known as Weird Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Ozzy you can't kill rock and roll. I know it's odd but he declares rock and roll my region and my love. Also the fact that he will always be here because of the rock and roll

I'm also very drunk
    Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    I'm also very drunk
    I'm quite familiar with that one but most are not. Randy Rhoads is the ****ing man. Diary of a Madman always been one of my favorite songs to play on the acoustic.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Not sure how Bohemian Rhapsody hasnít had any mention. Combine itís original run in 75í with the resurgence in both 91/92 and 2018 along with the influence on music videos and I think itís gotta be up there as a top choice.

Other songs that I would put up for consideration are Candle in the Wind, Good Vibrations, Stairway to Heaven, American Pie. I know thereís more but those are the first that come to mind
    Good call on Bohemian Rhapsody and American Pie. The Weight by The Band could be thrown in to.

https://youtu.be/FFqb1I-hiHE

The band are great very over looked band

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Hallelujah

I think songs that are mainstays at sports events maybe get the edge. Songs like Thunderstruck or We Will Rock You are gigantic across many continents and cultures. They will be blasted to commoners until the end of time.

Depends on how you define biggest, but Margaritaville could be considered if you look at it from a purely monetary standpoint. There are now numerous Margaritaville resorts and restaurants all over the world and there's even a beer (Landshark) based on it.

The Margaritaville brand takes in $1.5 billion a year in revenue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danafel.../#4489733e6a49

Def not how I define biggest.

Time is my favorite pink floyd song but id say their biggest is another brick in the wall by a pretty wide margin

Maybe Wish You Were Here.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Def not how I define biggest.
    It's a tough one to figure out. If we're talking the most recognizable I don't think any Pink Floyd song even sniffs the top, though they would be among my favorites.

In all honesty, it's probably something like the Happy Birthday song, though if we're talking conventional songs I'm trying to think of the song that is most universally recognizable. Probably a Beatles song.

I was also thinking that it would be a Beatles song, but which one? There's a new movie out soon about a singer who steals all of The Beatles' songs because he goes into a parallel dimension where The Beatles never existed. I would do the same thing if I was him -- imagine the groupie action!

As far as any period or genre, Beetoven's Fifth Symphony is huge (don't know much about classical music myself)

Luniz - I got 5 on it

Best beat, best hook, never gets old no matter how many times you hear it and has stayed relevant

Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    Luniz - I got 5 on it

Best beat, best hook, never gets old no matter how many times you hear it and has stayed relevant
    Lets go half on a sac

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast