Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Kyrie

Kyrie

If Nets sign Kyrie, whether to the max or not, I won't be happy.

Nets need help, but not in the backcourt.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

I feel like that is the consensus for most Nets fans. The only thought is would you be okay with signing Kyrie if it meant you also get Kevin Durant too?

Nets need to keep their core in tact.

I don't think they need Kyrie (too many ball dominant guards who do the same thing and play no defense) and KD is injured now (and hes a snake and unlikeable imo)

Basically, the Nets do not need to sell their souls for star players who will leave in 3 years thus hurting the Nets in the long term.

Kawhi Leonard would have been the best option but I dont see how he leaves Toronto.

Tobias Harris would also be a great fit. Underrated player who could fit the teams current style.

Lastly, my opinion of Jimmy Butler has actually changed for the better. He could be as risky in the locker room as Kyrie but at least he can play a forward position, plus he wants to win.

Basically, id rather Kawhi, Tobias, Butler before id take a healthy KD, or Kyrie. And Butler like I said is a risk

Ok, after running through the major stars who are available, some other guys I would like the Nets to take a look at are

Julius Randle (self-explanatory big who is young with plenty of potential)
    Paul Millsap (hes older but could help the nets with a 1-2 year contact. Basically if the Nets cant get any of their other options, id say hes a great vet who plays elite defense and can put up some points at the 4.

of course, id love to resign Ed Davis and his junkyard dog mentality

RHJ brings defense but he really fell out of the rotation this year with his offense. I don't really know what to do with him. Not really upset if he leaves or stays. They could use his defense

Probably more that I could add but I cant think of anymore right now.
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P GRAM (PSD LEGEND)

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Nets are insane to poison their team with Irving. Durant AND Irving? Fine. But Kyrie simply isn't a franchise altering player. Plus all the baggage.

He'll be even more petulant with the 5 years of security -- mark my words.

I hope if Kyrie signs here, which seems likely, he is hearing all of the talk about what a bad guy he is. It was pretty obvious he hated being in Boston, whether he wanted to go there or not. Even if Durant comes too he won't be playing next year so it's going to be the Kyrie show one way or another.

Let's go Nets fans! ****ing tumble weeds in here. An exciting young team with two perennial all stars in Kyrie and KD. KD will be fine- dude is elite. He's not gonna suddenly stink.

Quote Originally Posted by The_New_Mecca View Post
    Let's go Nets fans! ****ing tumble weeds in here. An exciting young team with two perennial all stars in Kyrie and KD. KD will be fine- dude is elite. He's not gonna suddenly stink.
    Kudos to BKN for doing what NYK couldn't do. But you heard it here first:

Kyrie peaked in Boston: their system challenged him to be a more complete PG, distribute the ball on offense. Left to his own devices he's Carmelo Anthony.

Durant will probably never be the same player.

With the pressure of NY media and underperformance, those two will eventually kill each other. I predict by year 2 - 2.5. Next season will be new car smell just like Kyrie's first in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    Kudos to BKN for doing what NYK couldn't do. But you heard it here first:

Kyrie peaked in Boston: their system challenged him to be a more complete PG, distribute the ball on offense. Left to his own devices he's Carmelo Anthony.

Durant will probably never be the same player.

With the pressure of NY media and underperformance, those two will eventually kill each other. I predict by year 2 - 2.5. Next season will be new car smell just like Kyrie's first in Boston.
    Kyrie can't be the lead dog but he by no means has peaked. He's 27 and still very much in his prime. KD is literally the top 2 player on planet earth. He may not bring it like he used to but he'll be just fine. Nets need to make a few more moves to round out the team. Will they win a chip? Not sure. But they'll be way more exciting than the Knicks who's big FA move was Julius ****ing Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by The_New_Mecca View Post
    Kyrie can't be the lead dog but he by no means has peaked. He's 27 and still very much in his prime. KD is literally the top 2 player on planet earth. He may not bring it like he used to but he'll be just fine. Nets need to make a few more moves to round out the team. Will they win a chip? Not sure. But they'll be way more exciting than the Knicks who's big FA move was Julius ****ing Randle.
    Irving is a prolific offensive player, but needs to be more well-rounded to creep into top 10. I would argue his past 2 career years were a product of Celtics system/Stevens' tutelage.

This is good for the league, BK should be a desirable location. I just don't think Durant will ever be the same player. Plus I'm not sure either KI or KD can handle the NY media. Boston's team coverage is like NCAA DII and Kyrie struggled with that.

Part of me thinks the Knicks made the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    Irving is a prolific offensive player, but needs to be more well-rounded to creep into top 10. I would argue his past 2 career years were a product of Celtics system/Stevens' tutelage.

This is good for the league, BK should be a desirable location. I just don't think Durant will ever be the same player. Plus I'm not sure either KI or KD can handle the NY media. Boston's team coverage is like NCAA DII and Kyrie struggled with that.

Part of me thinks the Knicks made the right move.
    A few words in Kyrie's defense:

-He was traded to Boston and I don't think he ever truly wanted to go there (even though it was on his trade list)
    -He's a NJ kid raised on Nets and Knicks, so this is a homecoming
    -Many Celtics were having down years, shooting percentages were down across the board
    -Atkinson is a good coach who's particularly solid at developing and working with PGs

All that said, I don't disagree that he needs to work on his D and his leadership to be considered elite.

For KD, it's hard to argue that the Achilles injury is less serious than it is. But again, we're talking about the cream of the crop, the best of best in Durant. Kyrie, Jordan and the Nets core will hold it down this season until KD is back to form.

As for the media, I think that Kyrie is such a kook he'll probably have fun with it. KD is kinda sensitive so that may be a tough situation. KD came to NYC in part to further his after NBA businesses, so he needs to learn how to handle PR gracefully. We'll see.

The Atkinson point is particularly solid. I think Irving has a career year and is in the MVP conversation.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie