Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's funny that Carpenter is always the fall guy. Molina has been our worst position player this season. Wong, DeJong, Fowler, and Molina have been garbage the last month. But nobody is talking about them. While Carpenter has been playing fine.
    Molina is there for how he handles pitchers

Everyone says wong sucks and needs to go

DeJong and Ozuna carried the team for the first couple of months when Carp was hitting an awesome .200

I have said Carp is playing better, but he was ONE OF THE WORST hitters in the league for the first 2 months. You CANT have your "BEST" hitter suck complete *** for 2 months and expect to be a contender, especially in this division.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Molina is there for how he handles pitchers
    Which, how is that going this year?

Everyone says wong sucks and needs to go
    His defense warrants his spot, but no. I rarely see people hating on him.

I have said Carp is playing better, but he was ONE OF THE WORST hitters in the league for the first 2 months. You CANT have your "BEST" hitter suck complete *** for 2 months and expect to be a contender, especially in this division.
    Well Goldie is our best hitter now, but he's been struggling.

Carp has been our best hitter, but that's not really his fault, but rather the front office and the players they have acquired not doing their jobs.

imagine if everyone was just hitting to their career numbers
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 06-14-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Which, how is that going this year?

His defense warrants his spot, but no. I rarely see people hating on him.

Well Goldie is our best hitter now, but he's been struggling.

Carp has been our best hitter, but that's not really his fault, but rather the front office and the players they have acquired not doing their jobs.

imagine if everyone was just hitting to their career numbers
    I've never been a fan of Wong, and I know plenty others haven't either.

If Molina wasnt our starting catcher, I'd be absolutely ok with that

Goldie has been atrocious the past two months. 6? Extra base hits in 2 months? Or a month and a half?

Believe it or not, Carp has been my favorite Cardinal the past 4-5 years. But I'm a fan of the team more than him, and trading him will help the teams future. This current team will not win anything, and that's what it's all about.

I'm not going to imagine if everyone was hitting their career numbers, because no one is besides Ozuna. Imagining that is false hope. The team is old and as far as talent coming up, we dont have a lot. Trading for some major league ready guys could turn the franchise around in a year or two. I would be 100% ok with losing if we had a younger team with tons of potential. Being a fringe playoff team is not ok and the most frustrating thing

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I've never been a fan of Wong, and I know plenty others haven't either.

If Molina wasnt our starting catcher, I'd be absolutely ok with that

Goldie has been atrocious the past two months. 6? Extra base hits in 2 months? Or a month and a half?
    Goldie does still have a .360 OBP

He was like this last year before blowing up the remainder of the year.

Believe it or not, Carp has been my favorite Cardinal the past 4-5 years. But I'm a fan of the team more than him, and trading him will help the teams future. This current team will not win anything, and that's what it's all about.
    I see Carpenter as an asset, one of our best players, and a core player for this team this year and next. If we are going to win anything in 2019 or 2020, we are better with Carpenter than without him.

I'm not going to imagine if everyone was hitting their career numbers, because no one is besides Ozuna. Imagining that is false hope. The team is old and as far as talent coming up, we dont have a lot. Trading for some major league ready guys could turn the franchise around in a year or two. I would be 100% ok with losing if we had a younger team with tons of potential. Being a fringe playoff team is not ok and the most frustrating thing
    If we slip further back over the next month, I am okay with trading some players. Specifically the one's that aren't under team control in 2021 (so Wacha, Ozuna, Gyorko, Leone, etc). The rest I'd keep.

But we have a weak schedule coming up against some really bad teams, we are absolutely more talented than we have been playing so far, and I think over our next 40 games, we can go 24-16.

If we finish Sunday, July 28th with a 57-49 record, we shouldn't sell.

If we the Cubs, Brewers, Pirates, and Reds play to their pyth records over that time. We would see the standings look like

CHC - 60-46
    MIL - 59-48 - 1.5 GB
    STL - 57-49 - 3.0 GB
    CIN - 50-52 - 8.0 GB
    PIT - 44-60 - 15.0 GB

That isn't unrealistic, and then we are facing the Cubs and Brewers that week.

That's a team that should buy.

However, if maintain our current winning percentage between now and then
    CHC - 60-46
    MIL - 59-48 - 1.5 GB
    STL - 53-53 - 7.0 GB
    CIN - 50-52 - 8.0 GB
    PIT - 44-60 - 15.0 GB

Then I'd sell anyone not under team control in the 2021 season.

If we are buying, we need a starter and maybe an additional lefty reliever.

If we are selling, Ozuna, Wacha, Jedd, and Leone are the guys to target in trades away.

Goldie does still have a .360 OBP

He was like this last year before blowing up the remainder of the year.

I see Carpenter as an asset, one of our best players, and a core player for this team this year and next. If we are going to win anything in 2019 or 2020, we are better with Carpenter than without him.

If we slip further back over the next month, I am okay with trading some players. Specifically the one's that aren't under team control in 2021 (so Wacha, Ozuna, Gyorko, Leone, etc). The rest I'd keep.

But we have a weak schedule coming up against some really bad teams, we are absolutely more talented than we have been playing so far, and I think over our next 40 games, we can go 24-16.

If we finish Sunday, July 28th with a 57-49 record, we shouldn't sell.

If we the Cubs, Brewers, Pirates, and Reds play to their pyth records over that time. We would see the standings look like

CHC - 60-46
    MIL - 59-48 - 1.5 GB
    STL - 57-49 - 3.0 GB
    CIN - 50-52 - 8.0 GB
    PIT - 44-60 - 15.0 GB

That isn't unrealistic, and then we are facing the Cubs and Brewers that week.

That's a team that should buy.

However, if maintain our current winning percentage between now and then
    CHC - 60-46
    MIL - 59-48 - 1.5 GB
    STL - 53-53 - 7.0 GB
    CIN - 50-52 - 8.0 GB
    PIT - 44-60 - 15.0 GB

Then I'd sell anyone not under team control in the 2021 season.

If we are buying, we need a starter and maybe an additional lefty reliever.

If we are selling, Ozuna, Wacha, Jedd, and Leone are the guys to target in trades away.
    That's where we disagree I guess. I don't see this team winning this year or next year. That's why I'm saying to trade Carp. We aren't going to get **** for Wacha, Jedd or Leone.

Wong, Carp and Martinez. Trade all 3. It doesnt implode the team and we can net good prospects back for them.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234