Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    So zeke gets 6 games with very little to go on but Hill gets nothing despite audio with him threatening his wife and admitting to hurting his son? That's insane. The NFL is absolutely ridiculous.

I'll go ahead and spin the hot take: Mahomes is the new golden boy and the NFL doesn't want him missing his best weapon.

The league is turning into a joke. So let me get this straight Brady gets accused of deflating Footballs gets a 4 game suspension Hill gets accused of child abuse gets no suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    So zeke gets 6 games with very little to go on but Hill gets nothing despite audio with him threatening his wife and admitting to hurting his son? That's insane. The NFL is absolutely ridiculous.
    I donít know what team you root for but I agree. And people say the league doesnít hate the Patriots or The Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll go ahead and spin the hot take: Mahomes is the new golden boy and the NFL doesn't want him missing his best weapon.
    I think after Brady itís most likely Mayfield.

Not surprising. He doesnít play for the Pats so the league will look the other way. Such a joke. Canít wait to see what they do in a few months if/when another story of Hill comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Not surprising. He doesnít play for the Pats so the league will look the other way. Such a joke. Canít wait to see what they do in a few months if/when another story of Hill comes out.

Theyíll just sweep it under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post

oh please, you think your Patriots get picked on?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Certainly not from the fans perspective. He's very polarizing and there's an enormous amount of people (especially on twitter and reddit) that hate Mayfield.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Wow they really botched this one. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Certainly not from the fans perspective. He's very polarizing and there's an enormous amount of people (especially on twitter and reddit) that hate Mayfield.
    Iím a little surprised the way the media talks about him makes you wonder if heís gonna be the next big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Nah, Mayfield talks too much. The second he falls off he'll get the Cam treatment. Mahomes fresh off an MVP year playing in Reid's video game scheme is way too appealing for the NFL to let him slip up when Brady is approaching retirement and Rodgers is slowly falling out of golden boy status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Over the last year or so the NFL seems to have done a complete 180 on their disciplinary actions. You have to remember that Zekeís case was coming on the heels of the Ray Rice incident. Also you canít rule out Jerry trying to get Goddell voted out (or at least a major pay cut). Since then the NFL has cut back majorly on their suspensions, including on Zeke again. He could have easily suspended Zeke for the entire year.

My personal opinion is, the NFL ratings have started to dip. Now the ratings are still good just not as good as they were 5-10 years ago. It seems that the NFL finally wised up and realized that they canít continue to suspend your star players. The NFL is entertainment and right or wrong, people want to see their favorite players on the field making exciting plays, even if they are scum bags. They let Zeke slide, they let Hill slide, they are about to stop testing for weed. Makes no sense to suspend a player if he hasnít been convicted of anything. The NFL seems to have finally figured that out.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    It really does fit... People can say what they want but the audio was enough to justify a suspension over what zeke got suspended for... This is honestly hilarious at this point and stupid and the NFL should be ashamed for allowing a child beater.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Over the last year or so the NFL seems to have done a complete 180 on their disciplinary actions. You have to remember that Zekeís case was coming on the heels of the Ray Rice incident. Also you canít rule out Jerry trying to get Goddell voted out (or at least a major pay cut). Since then the NFL has cut back majorly on their suspensions, including on Zeke again. He could have easily suspended Zeke for the entire year.

My personal opinion is, the NFL ratings have started to dip. Now the ratings are still good just not as good as they were 5-10 years ago. It seems that the NFL finally wised up and realized that they canít continue to suspend your star players. The NFL is entertainment and right or wrong, people want to see their favorite players on the field making exciting plays, even if they are scum bags. They let Zeke slide, they let Hill slide, they are about to stop testing for weed. Makes no sense to suspend a player if he hasnít been convicted of anything. The NFL seems to have finally figured that out.

so its cool as long as the ratings are high? that alone says it all. Its a bad mark and they will suspend guys in the future over less... Just stop. If this is the case Zeke should have never beeen suspended.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast