Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

And if Morant is the chosen one ???

Imagining that the Grizzles choose Barrett, the choice of the Knicks automatically becomes Morant.

Morant changes our FA in two ways:

- There would be no more chance of swap for AD

- There would be no need to spend 32m in Kyrie or Kemba

Having DSJ on the list gives the Knicks the option of trading Morant, Suns and Bulls would be options.

- SUNS = pick6, pick32, pick Bucks 2020 (top7protected)

- BULLS = pick7, pick38, pick 1rd 2021

With Morant being retained and KD added (+DSJ/Dotson/Knox/Mitch) the Knicks would have 35M to build his roster. And in this scenario other names are the focus.

- BUTLER value: 32M

- MIDDLETON value: 32M

- T.HARRIS value: 32M

- BROGDON + BOGDANOVIC value: 15M+15M

- REDICK + GAY value: 12M+15M

- D.GREEN + MIROTIC value: 12M+15M

- RUBIO + RANDLE value: 12M+15M

There are many possibilities with Ja...

What path the Knicks should follow?

Draft Ja. Keep Ja.

I want to keep any of the top 3 players.

If we draft Ja or RJ keep them. Ja is rail thin which concerns me but having DSJ gives us the luxury to work on his body and his transition to NBA physicality.

I like Ja but I'm still hoping for RJ.

Even if we draft RJ, I still would rather sign Brogdon and Bogdon combined for 30 million than Kyrie or Kemba for close to 40 million. Both can play 2-3 positions and both are good shooters to open up the floor for KD, RJ, Knox, DSJ and Trier who all like to get into the paint.

Kevin Knox is going to be an all-star one day trust... http://twitter.com/KnickFilmSchool/status/1135702793292079104

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    If we draft Ja or RJ keep them. Ja is rail thin which concerns me but having DSJ gives us the luxury to work on his body and his transition to NBA physicality.

I like Ja but I'm still hoping for RJ.

Even if we draft RJ, I still would rather sign Brogdon and Bogdon combined for 30 million than Kyrie or Kemba for close to 40 million. Both can play 2-3 positions and both are good shooters to open up the floor for KD, RJ, Knox, DSJ and Trier who all like to get into the paint.

Kevin Knox is going to be an all-star one day trust... http://twitter.com/KnickFilmSchool/s...02793292079104
    Fox was also super thin now he is balling in sac imo ja is better we'd be lucky to get ja the only problem would be if kyrie came with dsj here ja probably wouldn't get much burn year 1

Knicks need to find a way to continue to develop Knox... I love the kids work ethic and when he becomes more efficient, he will be a problem for any team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BySdmzwl...hid=95qi705d7j

I would love for Knox, RJ, DSJ and Mitch to grow chemistry together and add a veteran HOFer like KD at PF to show them how to win. If KD really wants New York, he will come even if Kyrie backs out. He would definitely be the leader and face of the franchise and New York. This would be his team!

Use the other 30 million to resign DJ, Trier, Vonleh and a sharpshooter like Bogdanovic or Mirotic off the bench as the 6th man.

I'm rolling with:

PG... DSJ (who I think has a breakout season 15ppg 6assists) and Frank off the bench with no pressure 7ppg 3assists 2 steals. Just run the offense, keep the ball moving and play lockdown defense.

SG... RJ Barrett (ROY 14ppg 4assists 6rebounds) and Trier/Dotson 12ppg 40% from 3

SF... Knox (more efficient 16ppg 5rebs) and Bogdanovic 12ppg as 6th man. He has always been a great scorer and a decent defender.

PF... KD (leader that a young team needs, unstoppable scorer 25ppg 6 rebs) and Vonleh 6ppg 6rebs

C... DJ (defensive leader and heart of the team like Draymond on defense 10ppg 12rebs) and Mitch still not ready to start... Plays 28mpg with 8ppg 9rebs and NBA leading 3.2 blocks per game. Add Takco Falls with the 55 pick.

If all that happened, the team would average an incredible 125ppg but it won't ever be a perfect 10 man rotation so the scoring averages will be tempered. I like that young team better than having fickled minded Kyrie who has proven to be a cancer in the locker room along with bad knees. That roster gives the team good depth, a bunch of young talent, good players on reasonable salaries, keeps the team under the cap and keeps all of their draft picks moving forward.

That team is top 3 in the East.

Knicks need to find a way to continue to develop Knox... I love the kids work ethic and when he becomes more efficient, he will be a problem for any team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BySdmzwl...hid=95qi705d7j

I would love for Knox, RJ, DSJ and Mitch to grow chemistry together and add a veteran HOFer like KD at PF to show them how to win. If KD really wants New York, he will come even if Kyrie backs out. He would definitely be the leader and face of the franchise and New York. This would be his team!

Use the other 30 million to resign DJ, Trier, Vonleh and a sharpshooter like Bogdanovic or Mirotic off the bench as the 6th man.

I'm rolling with:

PG... DSJ (who I think has a breakout season 15ppg 6assists) and Frank off the bench with no pressure 7ppg 3assists 2 steals. Just run the offense, keep the ball moving and play lockdown defense.

SG... RJ Barrett (ROY 14ppg 4assists 6rebounds) and Trier/Dotson 12ppg 40% from 3

SF... Knox (more efficient 16ppg 5rebs) and Bogdanovic 12ppg as 6th man. He has always been a great scorer and a decent defender.

PF... KD (leader that a young team needs, unstoppable scorer 25ppg 6 rebs) and Vonleh 6ppg 6rebs

C... DJ (defensive leader and heart of the team like Draymond on defense 10ppg 12rebs) and Mitch still not ready to start... Plays 28mpg with 8ppg 9rebs and NBA leading 3.2 blocks per game. Add Takco Falls with the 55 pick.

If all that happened, the team would average an incredible 125ppg but it won't ever be a perfect 10 man rotation so the scoring averages will be tempered. I like that young team better than having fickled minded Kyrie who has proven to be a cancer in the locker room along with bad knees. That roster gives the team good depth, a bunch of young talent, good players on reasonable salaries, keeps the team under the cap and keeps all of their draft picks moving forward.

That team is top 3 in the East.
    I love your enthusiasm but as usual everything overstated. If no one comes trade for Schroeder as the Thunder are looking for cap relief and get there 21st pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I love your enthusiasm but as usual everything overstated. If no one comes trade for Schroeder as the Thunder are looking for cap relief and get there 21st pick this year.
    While Iíd rather just let DSJ show what heís got, Ive always liked Schroder. You think they are going to be looking to shed him? He played well last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    While Iíd rather just let DSJ show what heís got, Ive always liked Schroder. You think they are going to be looking to shed him? He played well last year.
    I am not sure but who else can they move. If they try and move their center. Steven Adam's I would stay away from that but the other salaries seem minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Ok party pooper...lol

What's overstated? Those averages are pretty spot on and I hope we keep Knox.

Ok party pooper...lol

What's overstated? Those averages are pretty spot on and I hope we keep Knox.
    Wait. You forgot all about Mudiay.

ďTeam in touch with the Memphis Grizzlies recently are under the impression that they would need to be presented with an incredibly strong offer to trade the No. 2 pick,Ē per @IanBegley

With Conley trade, I think it's pretty clear the Grizzlies are picking Ja. Im actually glad about that, I'm very excited about RJ.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KingKnicks View Post
    Imagining that the Grizzles choose Barrett, the choice of the Knicks automatically becomes Morant.

Morant changes our FA in two ways:

- There would be no more chance of swap for AD

- There would be no need to spend 32m in Kyrie or Kemba

Having DSJ on the list gives the Knicks the option of trading Morant, Suns and Bulls would be options.

- SUNS = pick6, pick32, pick Bucks 2020 (top7protected)

- BULLS = pick7, pick38, pick 1rd 2021

With Morant being retained and KD added (+DSJ/Dotson/Knox/Mitch) the Knicks would have 35M to build his roster. And in this scenario other names are the focus.

- BUTLER value: 32M

- MIDDLETON value: 32M

- T.HARRIS value: 32M

- BROGDON + BOGDANOVIC value: 15M+15M

- REDICK + GAY value: 12M+15M

- D.GREEN + MIROTIC value: 12M+15M

- RUBIO + RANDLE value: 12M+15M

There are many possibilities with Ja...

What path the Knicks should follow?
    This bump is for Shady One and anyone else who says there was no discussion of Ja Morant falling to us in last year's draft. It's not about what Memphis was thinking or even what was likely -- just that there was talk pretty much right up to the draft.

Not that I need to be right.....
    Last edited by Blue Seats; 05-13-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Typical Knicks luck we ended up 3rd in a 2 player draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    This bump is for Shady One and anyone else who says there was no discussion of Ja Morant falling to us in last year's draft. It's not about what Memphis was thinking or even what was likely -- just that there was talk pretty much right up to the draft.

Not that I need to be right.....
    Yeah you proved a ton..

One poster here with a random post that didnít go more than a page. Because a lot of whatís said here translates into reality..oh and the part about us somehow drafting Ja to trade him, like that had any possibility of happening

ďItís not about what Memphis actually said all along or did. Or about every report that said Ja was the pick. Thatís all irrelevant, Iím going to go with some random stuff written here that may prove my pointĒ

Keep trying
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-13-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast