Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 675
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    11,415

    I don’t understand women and I’ll probably never will

    This is gonna be a long thread but please hear me out.
    Quick backstory a few weeks ago my neighbor across the street was outside the same time I was and had asked me to come over so she could introduce herself. Iíll admit I was a little hesitant at first because Iím not the best looking guy out there plus Iím not confident. That same day I meet her mother. Her brother used to live in the house they live now they basically switched houses. For three days I had asked for her number the girls not her mothers. After the 3rd try she finally agreed to give it to me after I gave mine first but said she doesnít text due to her hands. I said ok thatís fine. Weíd make small talk here and there if I was outside but other than that nothing. She has invited me over but I was stuck watching my 4 yr old nephew all those times. Then yesterday her mother asks me I need you to watch out for a delivery on Tuesday the 4th I was like ok but deep down I wanted to say no. But I really do like her daughter. Then this morning around 11:00? I get a phone call from the girl across the street my phone rang once so I called back she tells me I called you by mistake. I said oh thatís fine and asked if she wanted to go for a walk later in the day? She says she was busy but would let me know if she wasnít busy later sheíd call me I, said no problem. So here I am home again waiting for my sister to drop off my nephew. A couple hrs later my nephew was dropped off. About three hrs later I, get a phone call from the girl across the street asking me if I wasnít busy? I had to tell her yes because my nephew was still here . I then decided to go upstairs to call her. I decided I would try to sneak out of my house to meet her. My grandmother was here with my nephew so he wasnít alone. Of course I get her voice mail after I called her. Ten minutes later she calls me and asked why I called, I said if she wanted to go now I can leave thatís when I get Iím just gonna stay in and eat excuse. Now Iím not saying she wasnít gonna eat or wasnít hungry but I do find it a little odd how she claims to have accidentally called me, then calls me again hrs later to hang out but then when I call her back she doesnít want to go? Iím starting to believe sheís either playing mind games or thinks Iím gonna be one of these nice guy doormats. I just donít get this girl itís seems like she likes me but doesnít want to spend time hanging out when I ask her. Oh btw she has meet my nephew and I was even up front with her about my situation about me having no car or drivers licenses due to my disability she seemed to be fine with it and also knew my sister who is my nephews mother that she makes her own hrs for work. So why do I keep getting excuses from her? I seriously donít know if I should be upfront with her or continue talking to her?
    Last edited by BSF101; 06-05-2019 at 04:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,490
    If she wants to make time for you, she will. Good chance she was simply being neighborly and you read too deeply in to it. Let things be while continuing to be a cordial neighbor. If something happens, cool. If not, don't take it personally.

    The proximity is great on one hand (especially for someone with no vehicle and no license) but on the other hand, you don't want to make things awkward with someone you'll likely be running in to on the regular for quite a while. Step away and let her make the next move.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    38,001
    It's not worth your effort trying to make time for a girl who won't make time for you. If you want to be upfront about it for your peace of mind, go for it. But keep expectations low in the future with this girl.

    Like spiff said, be a good neighbor, but don't go out of your way to do anything for her if she continues to be like this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    11,415
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    If she wants to make time for you, she will. Good chance she was simply being neighborly and you read too deeply in to it. Let things be while continuing to be a cordial neighbor. If something happens, cool. If not, don't take it personally.

    The proximity is great on one hand (especially for someone with no vehicle and no license) but on the other hand, you don't want to make things awkward with someone you'll likely be running in to on the regular for quite a while. Step away and let her make the next move.
    I get where your coming from but women take one look at me and act like Iím a newly discovered disease so when she made the first move I was like ok Iíll take my chances even though I already admitted I was a little hesitant.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    11,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    It's not worth your effort trying to make time for a girl who won't make time for you. If you want to be upfront about it for your peace of mind, go for it. But keep expectations low in the future with this girl.
    Deep down I knew this could have been if itís too good to be true it probably is situations but I let my hormones get the better of me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    38,001
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Deep down I knew this could have been if itís too good to be true it probably is situations but I let my hormones get the better of me.
    Nothing wrong with taking chances. It's hard to put yourself in vulnerable situations, but if you don't, you'll never know and maybe regret not trying. It happens to everyone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    16,822
    Sounds like she is just being friendly.
    ďToday, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!Ē - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    11,415
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Sounds like she is just being friendly.
    I hate to admit it but I agree, and this whole time I actually thought someone of the opposite sex as finally shown interest in me I guess I was wrong. Here's one thing I'm still trying to figure out she always seems to laugh at my corny jokes and does that hair thing women seem to do when they like someone.

    Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    39,593

    I donít understand women and Iíll probably never will.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I hate to admit it but I agree, and this whole time I actually thought someone of the opposite sex as finally shown interest in me I guess I was wrong. Here's one thing I'm still trying to figure out she always seems to laugh at my corny jokes and does that hair thing women seem to do when they like someone.
    Maybe you should make a move. If she shots you down then itís done with idk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-03-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,691
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Maybe you should make a move. If she shots you down then itís done with idk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe this.

    Girls are just weird like that. When she was seeing if you wanna kick if, prob shouldn't had said no then yes. Seems like you did too much to free that time up when it was initially not free. Soft move.

    Shoulda been either like yeaa, I got nothing better going on, ok let's chill. Or like no. ***** I ain't got time for you, no. Know what I mean? either or.

    Lmao, who the **** knows! I'm just talkin outta my ***. How old are you?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    11,415
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Maybe you should make a move. If she shots you down then itís done with idk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm trying I'll give it another go.

    Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    39,593
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I'm trying I'll give it another go.
    Good luck buddy. If it doesnít work out thatís ok. Think of it as nothing lost


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,481
    Alright dude, before I get into this I just want to say that Iím not making fun of you. Iím just putting things in a blunt manner.

    Not every encounter with a woman has romantic/sexual undertones. Remember that. Men and women can be friends. My best friend is a woman and weíve never had sex. Sheís incredibly attractive and there was tension between us when we first met but neither of us ever acted on it.

    This woman is your neighbour and from what I gathered she was just being a friendly neighbour. The fact that you were hesitant to say hello based on your looks shows that you already want to be more than neighbours. Cut that out. This is your neighbour and youíre probably going to run into her almost everyday. Itís much better to develop a friendship with someone like this than it would be to pursue romance/sex. If something goes wrong then you have to deal with the awkwardness of living across the street from her everyday.

    Asking your neighbour for her number right after meeting her is kind of weird. Let alone 3 times. She gave you her number on the 3rd try because you made it clear you werenít going to stop and she didnít want to enter an awkward situation with somebody who lives across the street from her. She isnít treating you like a doormat at all, sheís probably a little weirded out to be honest. If youíre constantly asking her out or asking to spend time with her a couple of minutes into the conversation then obviously she is going to keep on saying maybe later. She isnít going to flat out reject you due to the fact that you live across the street and things would get weird.

    The bit about her mom asking you to keep an eye out for the package is weird. You agreeing to do that will in no way help you get with her daughter. She was simply hoping for you to be a good neighbour.

    Hereís my advice. Stop calling, texting or whatever youíre doing for a while. If you see her outside just a simple, ďHey, hows your day goingĒ should work. To me it doesnít sound like sheís leading you on at all but is more so trying to protect herself from a potentially awkward situation. Give it a few weeks before you ask her to go on a walk or whatever and then when you do, donít approach it as a potential romantic conquest. Approach it as you hanging out with your neighbour because thatís what it is. It sounds like you need to learn to befriend women and not just make them your significant other.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    44,826
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Alright dude, before I get into this I just want to say that Iím not making fun of you. Iím just putting things in a blunt manner.

    Not every encounter with a woman has romantic/sexual undertones. Remember that. Men and women can be friends. My best friend is a woman and weíve never had sex. Sheís incredibly attractive and there was tension between us when we first met but neither of us ever acted on it.

    This woman is your neighbour and from what I gathered she was just being a friendly neighbour. The fact that you were hesitant to say hello based on your looks shows that you already want to be more than neighbours. Cut that out. This is your neighbour and youíre probably going to run into her almost everyday. Itís much better to develop a friendship with someone like this than it would be to pursue romance/sex. If something goes wrong then you have to deal with the awkwardness of living across the street from her everyday.

    Asking your neighbour for her number right after meeting her is kind of weird. Let alone 3 times. She gave you her number on the 3rd try because you made it clear you werenít going to stop and she didnít want to enter an awkward situation with somebody who lives across the street from her. She isnít treating you like a doormat at all, sheís probably a little weirded out to be honest. If youíre constantly asking her out or asking to spend time with her a couple of minutes into the conversation then obviously she is going to keep on saying maybe later. She isnít going to flat out reject you due to the fact that you live across the street and things would get weird.

    The bit about her mom asking you to keep an eye out for the package is weird. You agreeing to do that will in no way help you get with her daughter. She was simply hoping for you to be a good neighbour.

    Hereís my advice. Stop calling, texting or whatever youíre doing for a while. If you see her outside just a simple, ďHey, hows your day goingĒ should work. To me it doesnít sound like sheís leading you on at all but is more so trying to protect herself from a potentially awkward situation. Give it a few weeks before you ask her to go on a walk or whatever and then when you do, donít approach it as a potential romantic conquest. Approach it as you hanging out with your neighbour because thatís what it is. It sounds like you need to learn to befriend women and not just make them your significant other.
    I don't know if I agree with this. To me, why wait? I personally wouldn't really care if a neighbor and I are awkward. I'd rather save myself the emotional stress and just go for it and if she rejects me she rejects me. At least you'd know. I also think that if he has trouble befriending women that it's a good experience even if he is rejected. You're not going to get anywhere with women going forward until you put yourself out there and can suck up the losses.

    I agree with your advice that not all interactions have sexual undertones, but if that's what he wants, what would the benefit of becoming just friends with her be? I agree that she's probably just being friendly, but again, what is the real benefit of not finding out for sure if he wants to know more?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    44,826
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Maybe you should make a move. If she shots you down then itís done with idk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is how I feel. If he doesn't make a move he's not going to make a move the next time or the time after that.

    I would rather just know. You have to have thick skin and suck it up if she rejects you, but it'll save you stress going forward and will better prepare you for the next opportunity.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •