Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

....let the speculation begin.

https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

It will suck like the last one, but because its Star Wars I'll watch it.

Nice to see Lando though
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Lando. Palpatine.

Put it in my veins.

Meh. The last movie killed most of my future interest in Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Lando. Palpatine.

Put it in my veins.
    The Palpatine laugh at the end definitely piqued my interest. Think they'd have the gall to resurrect such an iconic character that's been assumed dead for decades? Or more likely a flashback of sorts?

I was majorly disappointed in TLJ but am still stoked to see if they can right the ship for the conclusion of this saga.

The special effects look great in the teaser trailer. The title is quite surprising seeing as how the last film ended. One last showdown between the Emperor and Luke? I'm guessing not but who the hell knows. Or maybe it turns out Rey actually IS a Skywalker?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The Palpatine laugh at the end definitely piqued my interest. Think they'd have the gall to resurrect such an iconic character that's been assumed dead for decades? Or more likely a flashback of sorts?
    At Celebration, Ian McDiarmond came on stage and said “play it again” in the Emperor voice from what I heard.

Interesting but doesn't really confirm anything (not that I'd want to be spoiled on such a thing).

The
    I was majorly disappointed in TLJ but am still stoked to see if they can right the ship for the conclusion of this saga.

The special effects look great in the teaser trailer. The title is quite surprising seeing as how the last film ended. One last showdown between the Emperor and Luke? I'm guessing not but who the hell knows. Or maybe it turns out Rey actually IS a Skywalker?
    At the end of the EU, Luke teamed with Darth Krayt to defeat Abeloth in the realm called “beyond shadows.” If there is one last showdown, they can borrow from that lore. Luke even saw the Force Ghosts if his wife and fallen nephew in Beyond Shadows so they can do quite a bit there

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    At Celebration, Ian McDiarmond came on stage and said “play it again” in the Emperor voice from what I heard.

On a third watch, I realized that's the crumbled remains of one of the Death Stars the group is looking at over the choppy ocean towards the end of the trailer.

Star what? Wars? Still a thing? I hope the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Star what? Wars? Still a thing? I hope the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ....and like clockwork the resident hipster proclaims his lack of knowledge and/or care about something super well known that basically everyone is familiar with.

As per usual, at least for me, the star wars trailer is interesting enough to pique my curiosity as to how things will play out (Emperor namely). Will that be enough to sell me a ticket after the **** show that was TLJ? Not sure, yet. I want to like it because I loved the original trilogy as a child, it was one of my biggest introductions to sci-fi (if you do not count Kaiju movies) but the seemingly cynical take over the last few movies really turned me off (TLJ being the backbreaker).

With the inclusion of the laugh, I have to imagine he plays a meaningful role. I don't know if they resurrect him, but maybe he had a side plan that we weren't aware of, maybe a new character or General Hux is inspired to take his place? Something to the effect.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast