Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Kameron Misner would be a very Hendry-era pick. This FO seems more focused on production than tools/projection.
    They took their shot on Davis last year, albeit with pick 62. So far, that seems to have worked out well. I wouldn't be surprised if they feel more emboldened to take chances on guys who are toolsheds.

Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    They took their shot on Davis last year, albeit with pick 62. So far, that seems to have worked out well. I wouldn't be surprised if they feel more emboldened to take chances on guys who are toolsheds.
    Riley Thompson is a nice tools success so far, too. That was an 11th round pick but as you mention it could help embolden them to try it with a higher pick.

Keith Law is saying that Brooks Lee is a near lock to go to school.

Law also update his mock. He still has Davidson as the pick, but says he's being told that Shewmake is a possibility as well. Low-K college middle infielder who needs a swing change seems like the Cubs' jam.

Law also update his mock. He still has Davidson as the pick, but says he's being told that Shewmake is a possibility as well. Low-K college middle infielder who needs a swing change seems like the Cubs' jam.
    Itís funny because Shewmake and Davidson are pretty much polar opposites as far as college infielder bats.

Shewmake has always made sense for the Cubs. There are obvious similarities to Hoerner. I think Hoerner is the better hitter, but Shewmake has a little more pop and is 6í4. Iíd be kind of uninspired with that pick, but I wouldnít complain about it. Iíd prefer more upside or more power if itís a college bat.

FanGraphs updated their board and it had a few changes. Hoese is up to #16. I donít think thereís much of a chance he gets to 27 anymore.

Do you know much about Bryant Packard? Iím sure heís not an option in round 1, but check out his college and CCL stats: http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe....asp?ID=207251

Heís having a pretty good day today, too.
    https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status...144665088?s=21

BA says he's a 1B/LF guy (with below average run and arm), but that he's one of the better pure hitters in the draft. Had a wrist injury this year, so that may have held him back from an even better season.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Itís funny because Shewmake and Davidson are pretty much polar opposites as far as college infielder bats.

Shewmake has always made sense for the Cubs. There are obvious similarities to Hoerner. I think Hoerner is the better hitter, but Shewmake has a little more pop and is 6í4. Iíd be kind of uninspired with that pick, but I wouldnít complain about it. Iíd prefer more upside or more power if itís a college bat.

FanGraphs updated their board and it had a few changes. Hoese is up to #16. I donít think thereís much of a chance he gets to 27 anymore.
    Yeah. Hoese has serious helium. I'm not exactly shocked. 6"4 3b. I know he has warts but body size and power wise...makes sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BA says he's a 1B/LF guy (with below average run and arm), but that he's one of the better pure hitters in the draft. Had a wrist injury this year, so that may have held him back from an even better season.
    Jeez. I donít know what round heís expected to go, but he appears to be a capable hitter.

Ok, I'm starting to second guess myself with pitchers in the first 3 rounds.

There's a lot of sticks available this year. I'm think we should take one of them at 27. I still want to take 95+ FB guys in the 2nd - 4th rounds. We need them!

I'm assuming Hoese is going to be off the board so he's probably not an option for us. I don't really want to wait 4 years for a guy to develop, so college hitter it is!

If Michael Busch is there, I'm hoping they grab him.

I would say Davidson, but we have enough swing and miss guys already. So I'd pass on him.

I would not have an issue with Misner at all.

I'd be fine with Kyle Stowers too.

What the guess here on who the cubs draft in first 2 rounds..

College pitcher(s)
    Best bat available
    One of each

All the mocks have the Cubs with a college bat. Fangraphs is saying they don't pass on Kody Hoese if he's there. He has a solid chance of going earlier. Looks like the industry thinks Busch goes a little earlier than 27 too. If they're ruling out Davidson due to poor Cape performance, I figure we're probably looking at Shewmake, Misner, Stowers, Wyatt and Josh Smith (I'm not giving up on my Smith pet-theory).

2019 Cubs MLB Draft Thread

The final round of mocks had Davidson, Hoese, and Misner. Everyone is sticking with college bats for the Cubs until they prove otherwise.

Welp. No surprises yet.

I hate MLB Network coverage of the draft. Every team "nails" their pick and every player is a future hall of famer. It's just way too optimistic.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast