Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyd and Greene

So the Cubbies are "highly" interested in Nick C now and it sounds from some news that they are seriously going after him. The problem here is what is Nick worth? Defensively, he's a bit of a worry and the Cubs can't use a DH. Nick has been REALLY hot with the bat lately and still stings the ball (hard contact rating really high). It's tough to judge but he is a rental also so you have to figure that in as well. I would love to see AA fleece the Cubs but I don't see that happening. I think AA will ask for Nico Hoerner (SS and #1 ranked) or Brailyn Marquez (#3 prospect and LHP- who I would love) but I think he will get hung up on or laughed at for Nick. There is a deal here though and my deal would be Brennen Davis #7 OF and Brendon Little #13 LHP. Other lower end prospects that I like are Yvonny Cruz (RHP #16), Nelson Velazquez (OF #15), and Jhonny Pereda (C #29).

I think what AA needs to do is don't worry about positions and just get the best deal he can from any team interested. If a team offers two pitchers that are rated higher than two position players, then take the pitching deal, even though we are heavy on pitching in the minor leagues. As we have seen, you can't always factor in injuries so just load up on good players and don't worry about position. You can always use prospects later to get what you need in a trade.

AA needs to just accept any deal he can get for Nick. It's going to be less then he got for JD though which sucks. I'm interested to see what he gets for Greene and Boyd. I think them being on the block is a real reason for their struggles lately.

Yea, they may be trying to hard to get off the sinking ship. I actually think Nick is still a valuable piece to the right team. He makes hard contact and has been on fire lately. He could really help a team out. I didn't think we got much at all for JD so I hope we actually get a little more as Nick seems to be the best RH bat on the market as well. We will see shortly, as the trade deadline is close.

I wish Boyd would stop giving up a billion homers.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    I wish Boyd would stop giving up a billion homers.
    Kinda funny how Nick C complained about the Comerica dimensions as a self proclaimed power hitter, yet the other main guy we're shopping keeps giving up bombs in the same park

I wish Boyd would stop giving up a billion boners.
    I have a problem as this is how I read it the first time and had to do a double take.

So here is another Nick C possibility: https://maxssportingstudio.com/2019/...ncisco-giants/

I love the proposal of Alexander Canario (OF/RH bat/19 years old) but they have two other young bats I'd settle on as well in Luis Toribio (3B/LH bat/18 years old) or Jairo Pomares (OF/LH bat/18 years old). However, I think because we would get a supplemental pick for Nick if we hang on and let him go, I would need a lower end prospect to go with one of the youngsters: Frnaklin Labour (OF/RH/21) ranked #22 or Seth Correy (LHP/20 years old) ranked #25. I really haven't had a chance to see if they had anyone outside the top 30 that might make sense so there are probably other options. I would definitely need another player in the trade since we have an option of holding on to Nick but man I would love one of those young bats in our minor league system.

As far as moving Boyd. The Tigers should wait it out. He's under control for what three more years ? Don't act desperate. If they don't get a great offer see what happens in the off season or even next year. I realize his value could go down but he could get a little better as well. I just wish he had not given up so many home runs recently.We can use more bats in the minors as we have an overload of pitching. I never trust minor league pitching. Look at what has happened to Koepech, Reyes, Whitley and Luzardo to name a few. I guess we will find out what happens in six days.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

So, here is another rumor I found today. Yankees are in discussions with Tigers but not sure if it is for Boyd or Greene. Either way, the writer shouldn't be trusted too much because they say the Tigers have been scouting AA Trenton and mentions Garcia's name but he and Acevedo (another prospect who could be in the mix) have been up with AAA. This leads me to believe we are looking at the #11 prospect Nick Nelson (RHP, 23 years old) who is a very good one. If we could get Nelson and #19 prospect Ryder Green (19 year old OF) or #13 prospect Luis Gil (21 year old RHP) with Nelson, I think Avila would have done very well.

Here's the link: https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/07/m...ne-greene.html

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Kinda funny how Nick C complained about the Comerica dimensions as a self proclaimed power hitter, yet the other main guy we're shopping keeps giving up bombs in the same park
    No kidding. And I get what Nick is saying but lately he just sounds like a giant baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I have a problem as this is how I read it the first time and had to do a double take.
    Lmao. Not sure what to make of that !

No kidding. And I get what Nick is saying but lately he just sounds like a giant baby.

Lmao. Not sure what to make of that !

Nick sounds like a guy who wanted a long term deal and the front office said no and now he is pissed and just wants out.

Boyd could not have helped his trade value anymore than in his last two outings, with scouts in attendance. I think now we have to see who ponies up the prospects for him. With the Stroman deal to the Mets done, it gives us a baseline of how to judge a Boyd deal if it gets done. The Jays were able to get a #4 and #6 out of a team without a good prospect pool and neither being a top 100 overall prospect. Avila will need to get more out of Boyd, IMO, to even think about dealing him. I really wasn't happy that Stroman only brought that back in a trade. The two guys they got, actually dropped in rankings (#5/#7) when they were put into the Jays prospect list. It will be interesting to see if Boyd, Greene, or Casty get dealt now as the market seems really quiet and the returns seem very low right now. With 48 hours left, I guess we will find out soon.

**** them Kids

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    **** them Kids
    better hope the FBI isn't monitoring this chat.

From MLBtraderumors.com:

10:19am: Tigers outfielder Nicholas Castellanos is also a possible target for the Indians, per MLB.comís Jon Morosi (via Twitter). It is not clear from the report whether the teams are engaged in talks.

From NJ.com:

Houston now in on Boyd. Link- https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/07/m...e-yankees.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast