Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

CAP Space for next year

I thought that the Giants had close to $100 million to spend next year but in an article it says they have $65 million. Not that $65 million is anything to sneeze at but $100 million is much better.

Was the $65 million figure including Eli's salary and if he was released would it go up to the $100 million figure?

Does anybody know the true answer? .

Thank you
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 05-28-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I thought that the Giants had close to $100 million to spend next year but in an article it says they have $65 million. Not that $65 million is anything to sneeze at but $100 million is much better.

Was the $65 million figure including Eli's salary and if he was released would it go up to the $100 million figure?

Does anybody know the true answer? .

Thank you
    It’s not 100 anymore because the drafted players form this years salary/shep/Tate Salaary are there. If they cut Jenkins/Alec they’d have like another 20 or so.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    It’s not 100 anymore because the drafted players form this years salary/shep/Tate Salaary are there. If they cut Jenkins/Alec they’d have like another 20 or so.
    Thanks, What if they release Eli , then what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Thanks, What if they release Eli , then what ?
    This is the last year of Eli Mannings contract. Hes a free agent at years end.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Biggest cap hits next year(2020)

1. Solder- 17m. If cut next year, they'd save 9 million. Depends on how he does this year, but I don't see them wanting to be on the hook for another 8 mil in dead cap space. Imo he will be cut/released after the 2020-2021 season when he will only count for 4 mil in dead money against the cap. I guess that also depends on how he preforms over the next year or two.

2. Jenkins- 14.750m. I could see him being cut after this year, regardless of how he preforms, they went heavy in the draft on the secondary. If cut/released for the 2020-2021 season, they would be on the hook for 3.5m and would free up 11.250m

3- Zeitler- 12.5m. They just traded for him. I don't see them releasing him at all during his contract, unless he preforms really poorly. Then if that happened it would probably be after the 2020-2021 season. If they waited until then, they'd be on the hook for 2.5m and would free up 12m in cap space. He is a free agent after the 2022 season.

4. Ogletree- 11.750m. I could see him being cut/released after the 2019-2020 season or the following season. Both seasons carry little dead cap hits. 3.5m dead hit in 2020 with 8.725m savings, 2021 is 1.750m cap hit with a 9m savings.

5. Tate- 10.5m. I wouldn't see him getting cut/released until after the 2021 season. It's the only year that makes sense financially. They'd have a 2.5m dead cap hit and 6 mil in savings.

All of this is as is, unless guys agree to contract restructuring in the future.

But, I'm not sure why this is even a thing since the new season has not started yet.

I got all my information here.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-giants/

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I definitely could see both of them on new teams next year. I guess depends on how they preform this year. Gut feeling, after how heavy they went in on the secondary in the draft, at minimum this is Jack rabbits last season under this current contract.