Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Dietrich is four years younger and a middle infielder that hit 17 bombs last year. I doubt Reds fans were too upset, unless they felt he was redundant with Gennett still around. Still doubt they'd be against it at the price.
    Last year Dietrich hit 16 HRs in 551 PAs (.326 wOBA and 0.8 fWAR).

Carlos Gonzalez hit 16 HRs in 504 PAs (.338 wOBA and 1.7 fWAR).

You're reaching if you think Dietrich was a more exciting sign than CarGo.

Not sure where I said that. I was just replying to post suggesting Reds fans might have been disappointed with signing a guy to a minor league contract.

Not sure where I said that. I was just replying to post suggesting Reds fans might have been disappointed with signing a guy to a minor league contract.
    Don't worry you didn't. Sounds like he's just putting words in your mouth. There were no expectations for Dietrich based off what he did last year and what he's doing now is a pleasant surprise for the Reds. We're hoping to get similar results from CarGo. It's a good point from you and not hard to understand.
    Last edited by bootsy; 05-31-2019 at 01:06 AM.

You reignited this lame 20/20 hindsight Dietrich lovefest by pumping up his HRs, his age, and his position, making him out to be this great get for the Reds.

Except the truth is, the dude was the quintessential JAG a few months ago, and all 30 teams passed on him.

No shade on him, but the revisionist history going on is annoying.
    Last edited by davearm; 05-31-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Well if we are going to call out someone for a response to something that a poster didnít say, then where did I suggest the Reds fans would be disappointed? I responded to someone who said it was sad that the Cubs has to pick CarGo up because us showed they do not have anything in the system. I said that is probably how the Reds fans felt.picking up Dietrich. That might have said to fans they didnít have anyone better.
    Doesnít matter really. Both are good low risk pick ups. Even if CarGo doesnít have the same success as Dietrich, he is a worthy low risk signing, similar to Dietrich.

This forum...

"CarGo - not what he was but that's exciting. Sounds like a bench addition to displace Descalso, who we have all been complaining about for weeks now. Awesome!"

"[Sigh] Yeah, but it says something that CarGo is the best we can get."

"Hey, minor league signings sometimes work. Look at the Reds and Dietrich."

[Deleted post that we all want to see but can't because our feelings might get hurt in an internet forum]

"CarGo >>> Dietrich and to suggest otherwise makes you a tool"

"What?"

"And HOW DARE you say I suggested Reds fans were disappointed with the Dietrich signing"

"WTF is going on here?"

Jim Adduci recently batted fifth in a game that the DH was used.
    Cargo and/or pretty much any outfielder available is worth the chance.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738