Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Twins are on pace for 324 Home Runs

The Yankees just set the record with 267

So seriously, how seriously are we going to take this era? We are going to have 15-20 players hit 40 dongs. Last year we had 3.

Well, firstly, the Twins won't keep this 2 homer/game pace up. I mean, I'm a Twins fan, and loving the start they've had....but the bulk of their competition has been lower half thus far. I mean, they swept 6 games from the Orioles, who are also on pace for record home runs....given up.

That said, the Twins had 8 home runs yesterday for the 2nd time this season. They had only done that 1 time in their entire Twins/Senators history before this. They have 8 guys with at least 7 home runs and their top 4 guys have out-homered a half dozen teams.

But part of this 'era' is that...it used to be a 'moment of shame' to strikeout and that's far less the case anymore....it's more about launch angle. More guys with at least somewhat upper cut swings. In a way, it's like basketball adding the 3 point shot- higher risk, higher reward.

Aren't strikeouts also on a record pace?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Well, firstly, the Twins won't keep this 2 homer/game pace up. I mean, I'm a Twins fan, and loving the start they've had....but the bulk of their competition has been lower half thus far. I mean, they swept 6 games from the Orioles, who are also on pace for record home runs....given up.

That said, the Twins had 8 home runs yesterday for the 2nd time this season. They had only done that 1 time in their entire Twins/Senators history before this. They have 8 guys with at least 7 home runs and their top 4 guys have out-homered a half dozen teams.

But part of this 'era' is that...it used to be a 'moment of shame' to strikeout and that's far less the case anymore....it's more about launch angle. More guys with at least somewhat upper cut swings. In a way, it's like basketball adding the 3 point shot- higher risk, higher reward.

Aren't strikeouts also on a record pace?
    Yes I agree that the wont stay on this pace, but they (and a couple other teams) are so far ahead of the record pace that it is quite likely they will shatter the record regardless.

well, they just got their 2 today to stay on pace....but again, not against top tier pitching

....tho it's enjoyable to have Sano looking like the masher he's been expected to be...he wasn't even playing until a week ago (and already has 5)....just adding to what the rest have been doing

short term test being...how many do they hit in series with the Indians and Rays coming up

104 homers in 52 games, 55 in May with 3 games left
    220 XBHs
    .518 slugging percentage as a TEAM (record is .467 I think)
    Run differential of 111 (next best is 86)
    10 game division lead...over the team everyone STILL picks to win the division
    They hit their 100th home run before the pitching staff gave up their 60th
    3 SPs with 7 wins (5 others in all of baseball)

If this were the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs...etc....it'd be talked about constantly....instead, when it is, it's said with a 'let's see how long it lasts' mentality. I mean, I get it...historic numbers and a lot of games against tougher opponents remaining....but it's not a 20 game stretch here, it's a third of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    .518 slugging percentage as a TEAM (record is .467 I think)
    03 Red Sox had a .491 slugging as a team btw

The Twins have been super impressive. They also play in an absolute garbage division though.
    For their sake, I do hope they keep it up. It'd be nice to see someone other than Cleveland win the central. Seems like it's been a while.

The AL as a whole (minus Min, Hou, NYY, TB, Bos) is pretty pathetic. It's late May and seems like we already know exactly who the 5 playoff teams will be.

111 run differential holy ****.

I get that they’re beating up on some bad teams but this team is incredibly well rounded and consistent.

They don’t have any superstars but like 12 guys who accumulated 1 WAR already...beat them with a well rounded team instead of one superstar. I like it, they seem scrappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I was on pace to have 12 dumpies at 8AM this morning. I am now on pace for 4 total dumps. When I go to bed it will level off to something more realistic. This is no different. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    I was on pace to have 12 dumpies at 8AM this morning. I am now on pace for 4 total dumps. When I go to bed it will level off to something more realistic. This is no different. Carry on
    this isn't over a day or a series....it's over 1/3 of a season....so yeah, bit different
    will they maintain the pace? Unlikely....but even more unlikely to fall all the way back to average

Nats I will bet you a perma-ban that they break 267 HR this year. Come on, expert. Put your money where your annoying mouth is.

4 today gives them 205 on the season. No other team has 180.

Absolutely nuts. The Twins are the only team in baseball that is top 10 in pitch values against every single pitch type.

If the Cubs fire Maddon I want them to poach their hitting coach, James Rowson. Interestingly he was their hitting coach in 2012-2013. Hes done a masterful job in his 3 years there.

2018: Yankees break team HR record by hitting 267. Previous record was 264 by the 1997 Mariners.

2019: Could have 10 or so teams break the Yankees record and I believe 6 are currently on pace to do so.

BuT tHeRe'S nOtHiNg DiFfErEnT wItH tHe BaSeBaLlS

5 more today and it's still the 7th inning. Cruz has 3.

Cruz on an absolute tear as of late.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast