Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

U.S. Beer Industry Blames Trump Tariffs for 40,000 Job Losses

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-jobs-decline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those tariffs are gonna hurt, there's no doubt about it. Majority of industries will feel it one way or another, consumers will definitely feel it.

I donít understand the tariffs/what there overall effect will be. I think in general even the experts way over estimate how much they can predict. I will say Donny doesnít make me feel like he is an expert

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He also unilaterally gave a $16B bailout to farmers to help alleviate the burden they're feeling from this trade war.

HoW eVeR cOuLd We PaY fOr ThAt

I will say, as always, trade and tariffs and that ilk are things I know very little about. So you won't find too much opinion from me here.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít understand the tariffs/what there overall effect will be. I think in general even the experts way over estimate how much they can predict. I will say Donny doesnít make me feel like he is an expert

I'm not an expert, and I'm sure there's more to it than I know, but basically he is taxing China for selling to us. The way England did to America on our tea and so we susseeded.

But what's gonna happen is China will pay for that tariff by charging the buyer in America, who will pay for that tariff by charging the consumer, meaning prices are going up.

Now one good effect from this is that if some of those made in China prices go up maybe we may lean more toward buying made in America. In theory, this is actually a great effect.

In reality, China manufactures at a rate so far beyond any other nation on earth that they can basically still up charge and still dominate the industry. And so these last two paragraphs are the tug and war game that is played, and we see how American consumers and both American and Chinese markets react.

My opinion is that the second paragraph still holds far more weight, and so as is we certainly seem to be losing.

Even these relief packages trump is giving out this is OUR tax money. Essentially, middle America seems to be the ones who are paying for these tariffs, and I don't believe China is necessarily too concerned about it.

If you notice, the way these imposters who call themselves presidents and such operate is you keep the hot dog dangling in front of the middle class. That way it's easy to suck them dry and keep them occupied. Trump seems to have put this formula into hyper drive.

This is just what I see, take it with a grain of salt. I also really have no clue how to predict which direction this thing will go. I'm assuming these moves are hurting China some how, but I really don't know how. News seems to be more about impeachment and investigations instead of our economy

I like a freer market, but there should be support for the trade war with China as it's about the only way to slow their plans for world domination while they are treating their people horribly. They are trying to keep their treatment of the Uighur a secret but it's slowly getting out.

At this point it's probably too late because it's been ignored too long.

The biggest Chinese advantage is the grip they hold over their people. They will do what they are told and China can probably hold out longer than we can.

In the long run, if we can bring more manufacturing back to the US and get people to accept higher prices, we will benefit. But that's the long run, not sure if we can hold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The biggest Chinese advantage is the grip they hold over their people. They will do what they are told and China can probably hold out longer than we can.

In the long run, if we can bring more manufacturing back to the US and get people to accept higher prices, we will benefit. But that's the long run, not sure if we can hold out.
    agree completely

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

also, they could double the price of beer, and sales won't see that big of a hit. Sorry.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I like a freer market, but there should be support for the trade war with China as it's about the only way to slow their plans for world domination while they are treating their people horribly. They are trying to keep their treatment of the Uighur a secret but it's slowly getting out.

At this point it's probably too late because it's been ignored too long.
    Itís too late. They make everything and now theyíre headed to take over the auto market in Europe.

Global trades are already moving off the dollar to the Yen and Euro.

If we REALLY want to fight them then we need to start making things again. We had our shot with solar but we laughed it off and now China is taking out US panel companies.

All we make now is financial debts. Weíre the global credit card company.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Itís too late. They make everything and now theyíre headed to take over the auto market in Europe.

Global trades are already moving off the dollar to the Yen and Euro.

If we REALLY want to fight them then we need to start making things again. We had our shot with solar but we laughed it off and now China is taking out US panel companies.

All we make now is financial debts. Weíre the global credit card company.

yep. Every reason to embrace the green industry and be the world leaders in pushing the manufacturing/technology of a new direction. But, we won't.

Right back to why I can't wait for baby boomers to go away. They do nothing but point fingers at the generations behind them while totally ignoring they caused literally every problem we now have financially, socially, and environmentally.

I think issue now is they tried the tariff war and itís just not working as a long term strategy. I did appreciate the attempt and itís one of the few things Iíve agreed with on this administration.

Since infrastructure is the only thing Dems and Trump could potentially work together on, itíd be nice to build in all US manufacturing in the proposal along with a public works (not privatized) angle that gets Americans employed, making more money and they can afford American made goods. Would need some income and tax changes too.

Ultimately it will be on the retailers though. I donít put it so much on the willingness of American buyers because that means theyíre in the aisle and checking where something is made, evaluating prices, etc. This is more about major retailers commuting to American goods.

Hard to see that changing with things like toys which are all made in China and Malaysia. Clothing is the easiest place to start. There are enough American clothing makers and resources to push that at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yep. Every reason to embrace the green industry and be the world leaders in pushing the manufacturing/technology of a new direction. But, we won't.

Right back to why I can't wait for baby boomers to go away. They do nothing but point fingers at the generations behind them while totally ignoring they caused literally every problem we now have financially, socially, and environmentally.
    Youíd think business leaders would be savvy enough to see the opportunities. Unfortunately they are bought for by industries who donít seem willing to pivot to the future.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I think issue now is they tried the tariff war and itís just not working as a long term strategy. I did appreciate the attempt and itís one of the few things Iíve agreed with on this administration.

Since infrastructure is the only thing Dems and Trump could potentially work together on, itíd be nice to build in all US manufacturing in the proposal along with a public works (not privatized) angle that gets Americans employed, making more money and they can afford American made goods. Would need some income and tax changes too.

Ultimately it will be on the retailers though. I donít put it so much on the willingness of American buyers because that means theyíre in the aisle and checking where something is made, evaluating prices, etc. This is more about major retailers commuting to American goods.

Hard to see that changing with things like toys which are all made in China and Malaysia. Clothing is the easiest place to start. There are enough American clothing makers and resources to push that at retail.

Iím completely fine with a tariff war to bring countries standards of labor use up to ours. Because they will bring us down otherwise (and they have). But it needs to be a heavily coordinated ordeal with the EU and global partners as well to bring them to heel.

Yankees Farm System

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast