Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 2356
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    If Jimmy wants Miami still then they can definitely add him and Conley. They would need Jimmy to tell philly he wants a sign and trade to Miami or to opt in and be traded to Miami. Philly would much rather have JRich and scoring Anderson than to be left with nothing. Then you turn your focus to Conley or Hayward. Offer the pick and Dragic/Whiteside expirings. The team gets expiring deals to clear cap and a lottery pick.

    Winslow
    Hayward
    Butler
    DJJ
    Bam

    Conley
    Butler
    Winslow
    DJJ
    Bam

    Be major players in the 2020 or 2021 free agency or trade for the next disgruntled star before then. Have a fun team in the meantime.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,881
    Iím curious to know what your definition of shot down is? Nothing you or this Sylvander guy has said has come true lol. Just because people report something doesnít make it so. Much like his b/s about all the star players having Miami on the list and then none picking Miami. Instead of owning his b/s he calls it a humbling experience lol. Oh yeah, he called Juwan Howard going back to Michigan to coach apparently. Please tell me how this is relevant to NBA free agency or trades?

    The May 24 tweet does apply to all the other ones because they wonít find salary relief outside of Dragic. Nobody will touch the bad contracts Miami is loaded with. I didnít bother mentioning J Rich because trading him for a good player would be counterproductive. I assume heíd be in Sylvanderís Bam and Justise category. Your kidding yourself if you think you can attach a pick to Waiters, Whiteside or JJ in order to fetch a big name. Or even a half decent one at that. Even if some of them are expiring. Why would a team take on an expiring contract and a middle pick for one of their best players?

    Even if all the writers were reporting something, it still didnít happen. My idea for the Kawhi trade actually did happen but that was something I just made up in my head. Much like you and this Sylvander guy do with your fun ideas.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    54,328
    I love how half of your FA ideas start with: would require a S&T with these two massive bloated contracts.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,881
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I love how half of your FA ideas start with: would require a S&T with these two massive bloated contracts.
    Dion Waiters and Hassan Whiteside would definitely help a team compete. Much like they have Miami.....

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Iím curious to know what your definition of shot down is? Nothing you or this Sylvander guy has said has come true lol. Just because people report something doesnít make it so. Much like his b/s about all the star players having Miami on the list and then none picking Miami. Instead of owning his b/s he calls it a humbling experience lol. Oh yeah, he called Juwan Howard going back to Michigan to coach apparently. Please tell me how this is relevant to NBA free agency or trades?

    The May 24 tweet does apply to all the other ones because they wonít find salary relief outside of Dragic. Nobody will touch the bad contracts Miami is loaded with. I didnít bother mentioning J Rich because trading him for a good player would be counterproductive. I assume heíd be in Sylvanderís Bam and Justise category. Your kidding yourself if you think you can attach a pick to Waiters, Whiteside or JJ in order to fetch a big name. Or even a half decent one at that. Even if some of them are expiring. Why would a team take on an expiring contract and a middle pick for one of their best players?

    Even if all the writers were reporting something, it still didnít happen. My idea for the Kawhi trade actually did happen but that was something I just made up in my head. Much like you and this Sylvander guy do with your fun ideas.
    None of it was bs if the Heat were actually on their preferred destinations lists. He never said any of them were for sure going To Miami, he reported they were interested in Miami. Then the national media back it. Idk why thatís confusing you so much.

    He said no bam or Winslow in that scenario (getting Conley and/or Hayward). Why would they send two of their best assets to team to help the other teams get salary relief? Miami taking Hayward for Dragic and Whiteside would honestly be doing the Celtics a favor. They get out of a lot of cap and get their unselfish PG when Kyrie leaves and then maybe brad can get Whiteside to stay focused all season. If not you still close your hole at PG and get cap relief. Good luck finding that from other tesms for him.

    Grizzlies are drafting Ja who will automatically start and have the ball in his hands a lot. Theyíre not going to keep Conley. They can get a pick/salary relief/solid player from Miami. Again good luck finding it eksewheee.

    I explained Jimmy in my last post. Theyíd rather have JRich a pick and an expiring contract then be left with nothing if Jimmy does still have Miami as his top choice.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,881
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    If Jimmy wants Miami still then they can definitely add him and Conley. They would need Jimmy to tell philly he wants a sign and trade to Miami or to opt in and be traded to Miami. Philly would much rather have JRich and scoring Anderson than to be left with nothing. Then you turn your focus to Conley or Hayward. Offer the pick and Dragic/Whiteside expirings. The team gets expiring deals to clear cap and a lottery pick.

    Winslow
    Hayward
    Butler
    DJJ
    Bam

    Conley
    Butler
    Winslow
    DJJ
    Bam

    Be major players in the 2020 or 2021 free agency or trade for the next disgruntled star before then. Have a fun team in the meantime.
    Alright, Iíll actually entertain your ideas. Please tell me why Memphis would want Whiteside when they have a front court of JV and Jaren Jackson Jr? Also tell me why theyíd want an old PG on an expiring while theyíre rebuilding. They have no salary to clear after Conley. I want to know where you get your logic from.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I love how half of your FA ideas start with: would require a S&T with these two massive bloated contracts.
    Please go in to detail on the massive bloated contracts Iím using.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Dion Waiters and Hassan Whiteside would definitely help a team compete. Much like they have Miami.....
    Yea because I said this, good job!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Alright, Iíll actually entertain your ideas. Please tell me why Memphis would want Whiteside when they have a front court of JV and Jaren Jackson Jr? Also tell me why theyíd want an old PG on an expiring while theyíre rebuilding. They have no salary to clear after Conley. I want to know where you get your logic from.
    Because they get cap relief the very next summer and picks from it.

    Letís just go the Jimmy and Conley route.

    Memphis gets: Whiteside (cap relief) the 13th pick.
    Miami gets: Conley

    What other lottery team will trade their pick for Conley? Now Memphis adds another young player and has minehbfor the younger RFAs next summer.

    Philly gets: Dragic and JRich add Andersonís expiring contract as filler if the S&T numbers require it.
    Miami gets:Jimmy

    Philly rolls out with:

    Dragic
    JRich/JJ
    Harris
    Simmons
    Embiid

    Or

    Simmons/Dragic
    JJ/Dragic
    JRich
    Harris
    Embiid

    Use Dragic in a ginobli role in the 2nd lineup and adds depth which they need. Either that or Jimmy can just leave somewhere else for nothing.

    Who says no? If you say someone says no then explain why and tell me the tesms that will offer better packages?

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    54,328
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Please go in to detail on the massive bloated contracts Iím using.
    Most of Miamiís contracts are bad. Like why would Philly take back those offers when letting Jimmy walk without anything back frees up another max contract spot?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    54,328
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Because they get cap relief the very next summer and picks from it.

    Letís just go the Jimmy and Conley route.

    Memphis gets: Whiteside (cap relief) the 13th pick.
    Miami gets: Conley

    What other lottery team will trade their pick for Conley? Now Memphis adds another young player and has minehbfor the younger RFAs next summer.

    Philly gets: Dragic and JRich add Andersonís expiring contract as filler if the S&T numbers require it.
    Miami gets:Jimmy

    Philly rolls out with:

    Dragic
    JRich/JJ
    Harris
    Simmons
    Embiid

    Or

    Simmons/Dragic
    JJ/Dragic
    JRich
    Harris
    Embiid

    Use Dragic in a ginobli role in the 2nd lineup and adds depth which they need. Either that or Jimmy can just leave somewhere else for nothing.

    Who says no? If you say someone says no then explain why and tell me the tesms that will offer better packages?
    Philly says no. Easily. Takes up the cap space and doesnít give us much flexibility. And when those contracts expire we would be pressing the cap anyways so having the space does little for us.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,881
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Because they get cap relief the very next summer and picks from it.

    Letís just go the Jimmy and Conley route.

    Memphis gets: Whiteside (cap relief) the 13th pick.
    Miami gets: Conley

    What other lottery team will trade their pick for Conley? Now Memphis adds another young player and has minehbfor the younger RFAs next summer.
    Okay, so I pointed out that Memphis has a front court of JV and JJJ. You seemed to completely ignore that and point out that Whiteside is cap relief. So why would Memphis take minutes away from their future front court in order to play an expiring player 27 million dollars just so he can leave next year? They donít really need any cap relief once Conley is gone which is something I also pointed out which you seemed to ignore as well. Essentially your trade idea is the 13th pick and a player who will slow down the teams development for Conley. This is why I donít take anything you say seriously. Teams arenít trying to help the Heat out.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    9,191
    lol no the Sixers dont want the heats scarps and bad contracts. if Harris or Butler walk their money will be used elsewhere to improve the team. James is staying though according to my unverified, homer, reporter friend.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,865
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Most of Miamiís contracts are bad. Like why would Philly take back those offers when letting Jimmy walk without anything back frees up another max contract spot?
    The offers Iím sending are expiring players who can actually contribute. Dragic could boost you all a lot in the ginobli role and then JRich who is on a great contract. You all then retain Harris. Iím not sending you long term bloated contracts. You all need depth in the worst way. If you want someone for the max thatís axtsully worth it let Harris walk.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    54,328
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    The offers Iím sending are expiring players who can actually contribute. Dragic could boost you all a lot in the ginobli role and then JRich who is on a great contract. You all then retain Harris. Iím not sending you long term bloated contracts. You all need depth in the worst way. If you want someone for the max thatís axtsully worth it let Harris walk.
    Lol why would we do it for players that could walk in a year where our cap space would run out, FA is trash, and prevent us from adding in the case of that?

    You failed to answer that.

Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •