Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2355
    Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    Sorry, quick google search and I do not get what this is. Could you please explain?
    SPR is Simple Player Rating. It's a per-possession box score metric that approximates RAPM, and thus RPM. It's Nathan Walker's pet statistic as far as I can tell, and not in widespread use.

Like most simple systems, the advantage is that it's easy to calculate. Every stat has a coefficient of either 1.0 or 0.5 (everything is worth either 1 point or half a point). You cut some of the stats in half, add them all together, then divide by possessions played and subtract out the average value. This gives you 0 as average, positive being above average and negative being below average.

The formula for the offensive part of SPR is shown here: http://thebasketballdistribution.blo...r-offense.html

I can't find the formula for defensive SPR, which presumably is added to oSPR to get the full value. He's not a very prolific blogger. He does have legit analytics cred though. SPR is designed to be easy, not accurate.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 07-20-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I am. Irish and German : )
    who asked you tommy?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    SPR is Simple Player Rating. It's a per-possession box score metric that approximates RAPM, and thus RPM. It's Nathan Walker's pet statistic as far as I can tell, and not in widespread use.

Like most simple systems, the advantage is that it's easy to calculate. Every stat has a coefficient of either 1.0 or 0.5 (everything is worth either 1 point or half a point). You cut some of the stats in half, add them all together, then divide by possessions played and subtract out the average value. This gives you 0 as average, positive being above average and negative being below average.

The formula for the offensive part of SPR is shown here: http://thebasketballdistribution.blo...r-offense.html

I can't find the formula for defensive SPR, which presumably is added to oSPR to get the full value. He's not a very prolific blogger. He does have legit analytics cred though. SPR is designed to be easy, not accurate.
    Thanks

Korver to Bucks... Wade03 were you at

2019 NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Korver to Bucks... Wade03 were you at
    Those are some amazing sources. ****ing joke.
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 07-20-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Korver to Bucks... Wade03 where you at
    The coach Bud connection makes sense.

Have you guys been watching ISo Joe crush the big3 league?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Have you guys been watching ISo Joe crush the big3 league?
    Yup, he hit a 4 pt dagger to finish that last game. And lol at Amar’e Stoudemire wanting to make an NBA come back this year. Big fat Al Jeff was owning him

Sources tell me, JR Smith to the 76ers, lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Sources tell me, JR Smith to the 76ers, lol
    go see my sisxers post.... its what I wanted. Korver would be nice but JR is the wet dream between him/Korver/Belli... Korver defense is so bad its nuts. Id rather have JR even if he legit ***** the bed on a hilarious level from time to time... JR smith fits for us and I pray we get him... Korver would have been sweet because he was a sixer but defensively he is so bad.

go see my sisxers post.... its what I wanted. Korver would be nice but JR is the wet dream between him/Korver/Belli... Korver defense is so bad its nuts. Id rather have JR even if he legit ***** the bed on a hilarious level from time to time... JR smith fits for us and I pray we get him... Korver would have been sweet because he was a sixer but defensively he is so bad.
    I mean, it would make sense. I have no sauces, idk where the dude is going.

I'm not super into advanced statistics but I think JR has gotten progressively worse on the defensive end since like 2014 or 2015 or something.

I know Korver isn't a great individual defender but I think he's a decent team defender, but again, idk if stats back that.

In a limited role JR makes sense for any contender, imo.

JR peaked defensively in the 2016 playoffs. He has been spiraling downhill ever since then, 2017 and 2018 playoffs. Dude's trash.

Korver is a terrible defender but not from lack of effort. He'll surprise you here and there and may not be a complete liability on defense.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Lakers just signed Greeks brother

Lakers feel Kawhi played them
    Now they're thinking AD may only be there for a season
    Any other team and I'd have some sympathy
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Lakers feel Kawhi played them
    Why? Because he waited until the last possible moment to tell the team and leave them with the bottom of the barrel free agents to choose from? I seem to recall Lebron doing the same thing to Miami when he went back to Cleveland. I guess Karma is a dish best served cold.