Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2355
  1. #2131
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    Sorry, quick google search and I do not get what this is. Could you please explain?
    SPR is Simple Player Rating. It's a per-possession box score metric that approximates RAPM, and thus RPM. It's Nathan Walker's pet statistic as far as I can tell, and not in widespread use.

    Like most simple systems, the advantage is that it's easy to calculate. Every stat has a coefficient of either 1.0 or 0.5 (everything is worth either 1 point or half a point). You cut some of the stats in half, add them all together, then divide by possessions played and subtract out the average value. This gives you 0 as average, positive being above average and negative being below average.

    The formula for the offensive part of SPR is shown here: http://thebasketballdistribution.blo...r-offense.html

    I can't find the formula for defensive SPR, which presumably is added to oSPR to get the full value. He's not a very prolific blogger. He does have legit analytics cred though. SPR is designed to be easy, not accurate.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 07-20-2019 at 06:57 AM.

  2. #2132
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    44,994
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I am. Irish and German : )
    who asked you tommy?

  3. #2133
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    San Jose, Ca.
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    SPR is Simple Player Rating. It's a per-possession box score metric that approximates RAPM, and thus RPM. It's Nathan Walker's pet statistic as far as I can tell, and not in widespread use.

    Like most simple systems, the advantage is that it's easy to calculate. Every stat has a coefficient of either 1.0 or 0.5 (everything is worth either 1 point or half a point). You cut some of the stats in half, add them all together, then divide by possessions played and subtract out the average value. This gives you 0 as average, positive being above average and negative being below average.

    The formula for the offensive part of SPR is shown here: http://thebasketballdistribution.blo...r-offense.html

    I can't find the formula for defensive SPR, which presumably is added to oSPR to get the full value. He's not a very prolific blogger. He does have legit analytics cred though. SPR is designed to be easy, not accurate.
    Thanks

  4. #2134
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,091
    Korver to Bucks... Wade03 were you at

  5. #2135
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,994

    2019 NBA Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Korver to Bucks... Wade03 were you at
    Those are some amazing sources. ****ing joke.
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 07-20-2019 at 01:45 PM.

  6. #2136
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Korver to Bucks... Wade03 where you at
    The coach Bud connection makes sense.

  7. #2137
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    44,994
    Have you guys been watching ISo Joe crush the big3 league?

  8. #2138
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Have you guys been watching ISo Joe crush the big3 league?
    Yup, he hit a 4 pt dagger to finish that last game. And lol at Amar’e Stoudemire wanting to make an NBA come back this year. Big fat Al Jeff was owning him

  9. #2139
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    362
    Sources tell me, JR Smith to the 76ers, lol

  10. #2140
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    104,195
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Sources tell me, JR Smith to the 76ers, lol
    go see my sisxers post.... its what I wanted. Korver would be nice but JR is the wet dream between him/Korver/Belli... Korver defense is so bad its nuts. Id rather have JR even if he legit ***** the bed on a hilarious level from time to time... JR smith fits for us and I pray we get him... Korver would have been sweet because he was a sixer but defensively he is so bad.

  11. #2141
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    go see my sisxers post.... its what I wanted. Korver would be nice but JR is the wet dream between him/Korver/Belli... Korver defense is so bad its nuts. Id rather have JR even if he legit ***** the bed on a hilarious level from time to time... JR smith fits for us and I pray we get him... Korver would have been sweet because he was a sixer but defensively he is so bad.
    I mean, it would make sense. I have no sauces, idk where the dude is going.

    I'm not super into advanced statistics but I think JR has gotten progressively worse on the defensive end since like 2014 or 2015 or something.

    I know Korver isn't a great individual defender but I think he's a decent team defender, but again, idk if stats back that.

    In a limited role JR makes sense for any contender, imo.

  12. #2142
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,401
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    go see my sisxers post.... its what I wanted. Korver would be nice but JR is the wet dream between him/Korver/Belli... Korver defense is so bad its nuts. Id rather have JR even if he legit ***** the bed on a hilarious level from time to time... JR smith fits for us and I pray we get him... Korver would have been sweet because he was a sixer but defensively he is so bad.
    JR peaked defensively in the 2016 playoffs. He has been spiraling downhill ever since then, 2017 and 2018 playoffs. Dude's trash.

    Korver is a terrible defender but not from lack of effort. He'll surprise you here and there and may not be a complete liability on defense.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.


  13. #2143
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,400
    Lakers just signed Greeks brother

  14. #2144
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    9,255
    Lakers feel Kawhi played them
    Now they're thinking AD may only be there for a season
    Any other team and I'd have some sympathy
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #2145
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    601 BISCAYNE
    Posts
    5,177
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Lakers feel Kawhi played them
    Why? Because he waited until the last possible moment to tell the team and leave them with the bottom of the barrel free agents to choose from? I seem to recall Lebron doing the same thing to Miami when he went back to Cleveland. I guess Karma is a dish best served cold.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •