Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2320
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Another one bites the dust: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...8#post33100048

While I can't say I'm surprised or really that disappointed, I'm kinda torn on this one. On one hand, the guy definitely trolled the forum and filled it with pointless arguments and discussions that had little merit. On the other, he was probably one of the biggest contributors to NBA discussions over the last couple of years.

I just think permabans are getting thrown around a little too much as of late. I think they should pretty much be limited for people who spew hate speech, constantly use offensive language, and/or post inappropriate content or spam. Guys like him and lolplease are pretty much harmless, and it's honestly better just have to have people contributing to the conversation. Even trolls, homers and morons posting nonsense can sometimes indirectly lead to good, legitimate basketball conversation.

Bottom line, I'm not that upset to see him go, but the forum was already struggling for legitimate NBA discussions. With him gone, that's just going to kill the activity in here that much more. And considering how much I've argued with the guy this offseason, that's REALLY saying something...
    Trolls are a doubled edged sword. They increase the view count as people scream at each other, but they also drive away all but the most diehard posters. It's not coincidence that the number of casual posters declined as people around here donned their over-the-top forum personas. The internet is enough of a cesspool without people deliberately making it worse just for kicks

At least he has his super secret cool guy forum to go to

Another one bites the dust: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...8#post33100048

While I can't say I'm surprised or really that disappointed, I'm kinda torn on this one. On one hand, the guy definitely trolled the forum and filled it with pointless arguments and discussions that had little merit. On the other, he was probably one of the biggest contributors to NBA discussions over the last couple of years.

I just think permabans are getting thrown around a little too much as of late. I think they should pretty much be limited for people who spew hate speech, constantly use offensive language, and/or post inappropriate content or spam. Guys like him and lolplease are pretty much harmless, and it's honestly better just have to have people contributing to the conversation. Even trolls, homers and morons posting nonsense can sometimes indirectly lead to good, legitimate basketball conversation.

Bottom line, I'm not that upset to see him go, but the forum was already struggling for legitimate NBA discussions. With him gone, that's just going to kill the activity in here that much more. And considering how much I've argued with the guy this offseason, that's REALLY saying something...
    He WANTED to get banned. He went off all over the place. He got his wish.

Activity at what cost? If we're looking for activity just to see some activity that's not going to end well, this guy was a major troll and honestly this forum will be better without posters like this.

How many of you know what a palm pilot is? Curry banned for life via click bait.

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsjd3 View Post
    how many of you know what a palm pilot is? Curry banned for life via click bait.

wtf? Is that supposed to be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    wtf? Is that supposed to be funny?
    No idea, took me a minute to catch up, I guess Steph could have a Palm pilot laying around from when he was 9 or 10.

The NBA Has a BIG Problem And No One Is Talking About it

Interesting video about young players health, do to over training at a young age...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcCICa6nkb0

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Interesting video about young players health, do to over training at a young age...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcCICa6nkb0
    I've been making those points to a certain Warriors fan for years. The NBA players have pushed their bodies closer to the max at a higher percentage of the time, so the margin of error is much smaller than it's ever been before. There will always be freaks who manage to stay healthy, but more and more often the results are going to be more and more injuries that keep players from being who they thought they could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've been making those points to a certain Warriors fan for years. The NBA players have pushed their bodies closer to the max at a higher percentage of the time, so the margin of error is much smaller than it's ever been before. There will always be freaks who manage to stay healthy, but more and more often the results are going to be more and more injuries that keep players from being who they thought they could be.

I think players that go deep year after year are also more susceptible to injuries and the travel lap through China is wearing on the body.