Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    By the way don't know if you guys ever watched this show Seinfeld it's pretty bomb.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    best comedy in tv history

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I tried "The Wire" years ago. Made it to episode 3 of season 2, and quit. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.
    Imo is the most overrated show ever. Good, no where near my greats list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Imo is the most overrated show ever. Good, no where near my greats list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I made it that far because my brother told me how amazing it was. I just don't get it man. Nothing happened. Like ever. That being said, I am an instant gratification tv watcher, meaning I need shock value to keep me coming back. Breaking Bad/GoT did that very well, though I haven't watched the last GoT season yet. Will at some point.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I tried "The Wire" years ago. Made it to episode 3 of season 2, and quit. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.
    Seasons 3 & 4 are the best of that series. Show can be a bit laborious at times but it's worth the watch.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Season one is think the best tv ever. And meadows a cutey for sure haha

Isabelle and I dream of Jean cusamano is up vs most shows bests.
    The episode titled "College" is one of my favorite episodes of any show all time. I think it's episode 7 of the first season

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I started my Deadwood rewatch a few days ago. 3 seasons aired in total (2003-2006) and it concluded without a proper ending. Next week after all these years the movie version is finally coming out on HBO.

One reviewer (I only read the headline) has called it the most satisfying end to a TV series ever. Brilliant TV series and I have high hopes for the movie. Cannot bloody wait.
    Woah the movie comes out next week? I didn't realize it was coming up that soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Word to the wise if you do, pay absolute attention to the dialogue, otherwise youíll be constantly rewinding. The acting (Ian McShane is amazing), dialogue and everything about it is just amazing. I canít speak highly enough about it.

HBO really do create quality programming. Deadwood, Game of Thrones, The Wire, The Sopranos. Just brilliant.
    Leftovers
    Boardwalk Empire
    Entourage

Are a few other HBO shows that are no longer on air but were good

This. I'm not a fan of "Cop" shows in the first place so that's part of it. But season two just was not good TV imo. Not sure what episode I made it to, but I'm pretty confident I never finished season two.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Seasons 3 & 4 are the best of that series. Show can be a bit laborious at times but it's worth the watch.
    well, like I said I need a shock factor to keep me around for a show. The Wire is a slow build. Just not my taste...

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    This. I'm not a fan of "Cop" shows in the first place so that's part of it. But season two just was not good TV imo. Not sure what episode I made it to, but I'm pretty confident I never finished season two.
    Season two was by far the worst season of the series and I think that's universally acknowledged. I know a few other people who gave up during the second season. It's unfortunate because the following two seasons are some of the best there's ever been. People like different stuff and we aren't all going to like everything that's critically acclaimed, but The Wire absolutely deserve the praise it gets in my opinion. It did what it sought to do perfectly.

Screw the Iron Throne, this is the only throne that's ever mattered.

Last edited by ManRam; 05-24-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Now that GOT is over.... What can we watch?

Woah the movie comes out next week? I didn't realize it was coming up that soon!
    Yeah, on May 31st. I believe it is a HBO thing where they will be airing it rather than it being in cinemas.

Leftovers
    Boardwalk Empire
    Entourage

I have watched Boardwalk Empire from those 3. Very good series. Michael K. Williams (Omar Little - The Wire) is in it, which is reason enough to watch it.

Speaking of The Wire. I have watched the series twice and have enjoyed it but yes, I have found it a bit slow. In fact I watched it start to finish the first time and then a year later tried a rewatch but didnít get passed the first episode because I wanted something a bit quicker so tried out The Shield which was recommended to me, which I absolutely loved. I did eventually rewatch The Wire and enjoyed it a lot more the second time.

Iíd say stick with it to anyone wanting to watch it, though. The ďI donít get itísĒ with The Wire comes from it being slow the first 2 seasons so people have dropped it there and the series being one of the highest rated show on a site like IMDB and usually being at the top of any ďBest HBO series?Ē list out there. Itís a slow burn but something to stick with.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 05-25-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Leftovers
    Boardwalk Empire
    Entourage

Let's not forget about the almighty Eastbound & Down.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Season two was by far the worst season of the series and I think that's universally acknowledged. I know a few other people who gave up during the second season. It's unfortunate because the following two seasons are some of the best there's ever been. People like different stuff and we aren't all going to like everything that's critically acclaimed, but The Wire absolutely deserve the praise it gets in my opinion. It did what it sought to do perfectly.

Screw the Iron Throne, this is the only throne that's ever mattered.

I quit in season 2 twice. Will you know what is going on if you skip it and watch 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Let's not forget about the almighty Eastbound & Down.
    great show. I was also a fan of Bored to Death- different type of HBO comedy but I thought it was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Now that GOT is over.... What can we watch?

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

I wonder if anyone who quit The Wire early, can recognise the first kid on the left on that picture.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast