Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 90 of 90
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
    Westworld is a very good show to watch.

    Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    While it's on, sure... But this taking two years between seasons thing really sucks because it's hard to stay engaged with the show.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    40,194
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I thought it was hard to watch. I turned it off before the episode ended. I'll definitely revisit it when I'm in a more correct mood because I think it looks fascinating and I've heard nothing but good things, but man...it was grim. And I figured there'd by absolutely no let up.
    agreed. me and my wife watched it together both with high hopes and were both like Jesus let the **** melt down and lets get to the cover up, effects, international ramifications.... IDK I mentioned this thread to her and she said people had told her they really liked it too so maybe we just being moody. It also seems to be against some unwritten rule for Americans to write a Russian character that has a personality
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,335
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    agreed. me and my wife watched it together both with high hopes and were both like Jesus let the **** melt down and lets get to the cover up, effects, international ramifications.... IDK I mentioned this thread to her and she said people had told her they really liked it too so maybe we just being moody. It also seems to be against some unwritten rule for Americans to write a Russian character that has a personality
    I don't really understand your complaint. You wanted them to gloss over the explosion and immediate ramifications? It's a pretty important part of the story. They get to all of that.

    Not directly related to what you're saying, but I do find the English accents a bit jarring. Interesting choice, would have liked Russian accents, but I got used to it.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    72,678
    I saw this thread and decided to watch the first episode immediately after. Figured I'd share it.

    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    40,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    I don't really understand your complaint. You wanted them to gloss over the explosion and immediate ramifications? It's a pretty important part of the story. They get to all of that.

    Not directly related to what you're saying, but I do find the English accents a bit jarring. Interesting choice, would have liked Russian accents, but I got used to it.
    We thought it was boring. I think the drabness Manram alluded to was part of that
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,221
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I saw this thread and decided to watch the first episode immediately after. Figured I'd share it.

    Yeah i watched 1 and 2 monday and 3 and 4 tuesday. Its pretty good!

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    43,868
    That dosimeter reaching full pitch was absolutely chilling. I find the show to be gripping. I also didn't know a lot of details and I'm just astonished at some things. The level of sacrifice some citizens made, I mean my heart was aching. I had no idea about the 3 volunteers who essentially saved the entire continent of Europe. The story is incredible. The show is grim, sure, but it is so well depicted. I'm 3 EP in, we're gonna wait to watch 4 and 5 when 5 drops.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,314
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    agreed. me and my wife watched it together both with high hopes and were both like Jesus let the **** melt down and lets get to the cover up, effects, international ramifications.... IDK I mentioned this thread to her and she said people had told her they really liked it too so maybe we just being moody. It also seems to be against some unwritten rule for Americans to write a Russian character that has a personality
    Guess you must be unfamiliar with Noho Hank:

    https://youtu.be/5zXrjeTNXJw

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,007
    The Orville (when the next season starts)

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,414
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    While it's on, sure... But this taking two years between seasons thing really sucks because it's hard to stay engaged with the show.
    Agree. Idk why they keep doing it like this

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    66,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Agree. Idk why they keep doing it like this
    I guess because it's a pretty complex plot, the actors and set pieces are pretty expensive, and HBO doesn't care how long it takes between seasons as long as you're putting out a good product.

    That said, Westworld kinda sucks IMO, but it's a fun watch and I'm interested in seeing how Aaron Paul does in the next season.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,414
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I guess because it's a pretty complex plot, the actors and set pieces are pretty expensive, and HBO doesn't care how long it takes between seasons as long as you're putting out a good product.

    That said, Westworld kinda sucks IMO, but it's a fun watch and I'm interested in seeing how Aaron Paul does in the next season.
    Yeah they are more technically complex shows, but still it does present an issue with keeping interested.

    I didn't like season 2 as much, it was a bit odd, but really liked season 1. I just saw the new trailer for season three earlier today and had no idea Aaron Paul was in it. He looks good in the trailer at least

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,019
    Kind of excited for The Witcher, will be reading the books for my fantasy itch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,110
    GOT for the 3rd time since it ended.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    31
    WD is still one of the options to choose from lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •