Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    104,170

    Now that GOT is over.... What can we watch?

    Any ideas? I just started Marco Polo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    43,882
    Schitts Creek

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    38,381
    I might check out Barry and actually watch The Wire from start to finish.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I might check out Barry and actually watch The Wire from start to finish.
    Both are excellent.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,031
    Killing Eve


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,122
    It's summer. Get outside you lazy ****s

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    72,680
    All the shows mentioned already are great choices. I just started Killing Eve last week and it's great. The Wire is a classic. Barry keeps getting better. Schitt's Creek took me a few episodes to tolerate/get used to but it's hilarious.

    Recently I've watched The Expanse and Netflix's Kingdom. I enjoyed both as much as I've enjoyed anything in a while. Kingdom is only one season so far so you get through it quickly. If you can tolerate subtitles, it's the best "zombie" show I've ever seen...despite only one season. The Expanse got better as the seasons progressed and eventually turned into something truly special. It sometimes gets GoT comps, but in space/sci-fi.


    But if you have access to HBO and are craving well-done dramas, there's no shortage. The Wire, The Sopranos, The Leftovers, Six Feet Under, Rome, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, etc. are all tremendous TV shows.

    There's certainly no shortage. Even in terms of shows that are better than GoT.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    66,021
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Schitts Creek
    I know you're kidding, but this is a fantastic show. My favorite comedy going right now.

    Anyway, I think it'll be a while before a new show reaches the popularity GoT did. Maybe the GoT prequels will get there?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    66,021
    I'm looking forward to the next season of The Expanse. It probably won't be out until later this year though.

    I may rewatch Deadwood since the movie comes out pretty soon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,031
    I will finally give six feet under a view. Got through Deadwood this past year as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    66,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I will finally give six feet under a view. Got through Deadwood this past year as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you'll like Six Feet Under. Great show IMO.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    43,882
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I know you're kidding, but this is a fantastic show. My favorite comedy going right now.

    Anyway, I think it'll be a while before a new show reaches the popularity GoT did. Maybe the GoT prequels will get there?
    Not kidding at all. It is absolutely hilarious and so well written. Also the acting largely from an unknown cast is fantastic. So many good characters. I was shocked at how good it is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I might check out Barry and actually watch The Wire from start to finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Both are excellent.
    +1

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    66,021
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Not kidding at all. It is absolutely hilarious and so well written. Also the acting largely from an unknown cast is fantastic. So many good characters. I was shocked at how good it is.
    I was too. I had it on my Netflix queue forever and decided to watch it, just out of boredom, last summer. It was a very enjoyable experience. Too bad next season is their last.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    43,882
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I was too. I had it on my Netflix queue forever and decided to watch it, just out of boredom, last summer. It was a very enjoyable experience. Too bad next season is their last.
    I wish you hadn't told me that. I also wish that Daniel Levy goes on to bigger and better things. He's so great.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •