Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Just hope kawhi is ok
    This.

I like Toronto going into game 5 and I think Vegas will agree.

Both teams have won a close nail biter, and both have blown out a game at home.
    I'll go with the veteran team who looks to have figured out the young team. The bucks didnt look like they figured out the raptors in either of the first 2 games.
    The bucks would have lost this game 4 even if they hit 100% on their wide open shots.

It was a treat to see everyone chip in last night. If we can take game 5 on the road then we'll be in great shape.

What a game by FVV, Ibaka and Powell! Those three gave them 48 points off the bench and took over the game. It was nice to see FVV have a nice bounce back game heading back to Milwaukee.

What I like best about that game is that the Raptors didn't actually have that good of a game from behind the arc to get their 120 points. They did it by aggressively driving to the basket and being a great FT shooting team. They got to the FT line 27 times and made 24 of them. Lowry was aggressive all game long and went 10 for 10 from the charity stripe to go along with his 3 for 7 performance from behind the arc. When he is attacking like that good things happen for this team. He essentially put the team on his back in the first half and said "ain't no way in h@$# we are losing this game".

It's too bad Leonard is injured, but I think it also contributed to everyone else waking up.. now he is driving and kicking, and everyone is ready.. instead of everyone watching him being amazing.

It'd be ideal if he was back to normal on Thursday, but it's not looking good...

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    It's too bad Leonard is injured, but I think it also contributed to everyone else waking up.. now he is driving and kicking, and everyone is ready.. instead of everyone watching him being amazing.

It'd be ideal if he was back to normal on Thursday, but it's not looking good...
    Yeah he looked pretty injured out there. Especially when he had the ball. Don't think he ran at all with the ball in his hands in the second half. He was still effective using his craftyness and was laying it on the line on defense though.

He won't be getting any breaks either. Warriors are waiting. If I'm nurse I might even consider resting him game 6 if we win game 5.

I love all the reports about Drake going to far and the Bucks being upset by his 'antics'. Get under their skin man, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    This.

I like Toronto going into game 5 and I think Vegas will agree.

Both teams have won a close nail biter, and both have blown out a game at home.
    I'll go with the veteran team who looks to have figured out the young team. The bucks didnt look like they figured out the raptors in either of the first 2 games.
    The bucks would have lost this game 4 even if they hit 100% on their wide open shots.
    The bucks have only lost back to back games once this season. They only lost one game in the post season prior to playing the raptors. This is the first challenge theyíve had in the playoffs, and their youth is showing. It was all smooth sailing while they were running over teams. But as soon as adversity hit they look shook. Where as Toronto took their best shot and still bounced back.

I said it after game 7 of round two. That series against Philly got Toronto ready for this Milwaukee team. ďIron sharpens ironĒ tough battles like that are needed for when adversity hits so that the team can gain confidence to fight back when they get punched in the mouth. Game 4 Giannis and the bucks came out firing, and the raps casually stayed close and when the bucks saw that their first punch didnít knock us out they didnít really know what to do.

Also I said this before game 1 of this series. Our supporting cast matches up much better with the Bucks than it did the 76ers. They basically had a 7 man rotation of stars + Mike Scott. The Bucks are built more similar to the Raptors where they have a super star, an all star and a good supporting cast. That makes it easier for our role players to play better. The bucks remind me a lot of the Derozan lead raptors. Great regular season team, 2nd round exit in the playoffs until Giannis gets consistent from range.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-22-2019 at 03:21 PM.

If they can win games 5 and 6, then they would have like 5 days off before the series would start against the Warriors. I think that has to be the goal. Win it in 6 to at least get a little rest and some time to prepare.

I don't know if he looked that injured to me, he just didn't get the ball every trip like he was in previous games. They actually had Lowry, Gasol and Powell making plays in the first half and he barely even got the ball. Then he dropped 11 points in the 3rd quarter and only played a few minutes in the 4th (where he made his only shot....which was a 3).

The Raptors are a MUCH better offensive team when they spread it around like they did last night instead of just giving the ball to Kawhi. They have enough talent around him that he doesn't have to put up 35+ every night for them to score 120 points. When they are playing with pace and moving the ball to the open man they are one of the best offensive teams in the league.

Some of the TNT people keep talking like they don't know how the Raptors are doing this, but if not for Lopez having the game of his life in game 1 they would be up 3-1 right now.

Funny thing is I donít fear the Bucks team itself. But their home crowd and the refs favouring the home team + Kawhis injury concern me more.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    If they can win games 5 and 6, then they would have like 5 days off before the series would start against the Warriors. I think that has to be the goal. Win it in 6 to at least get a little rest and some time to prepare.

I don't know if he looked that injured to me, he just didn't get the ball every trip like he was in previous games. They actually had Lowry, Gasol and Powell making plays in the first half and he barely even got the ball. Then he dropped 11 points in the 3rd quarter and only played a few minutes in the 4th (where he made his only shot....which was a 3).

The Raptors are a MUCH better offensive team when they spread it around like they did last night instead of just giving the ball to Kawhi. They have enough talent around him that he doesn't have to put up 35+ every night for them to score 120 points. When they are playing with pace and moving the ball to the open man they are one of the best offensive teams in the league.

Some of the TNT people keep talking like they don't know how the Raptors are doing this, but if not for Lopez having the game of his life in game 1 they would be up 3-1 right now.
    For sure, Lopez bailed them out hard in game 1, that was our game to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I love all the reports about Drake going to far and the Bucks being upset by his 'antics'. Get under their skin man, keep it up.
    Lol every team wishes they had a Drake. But thatís on them, thatís like letting a heckling fan get under your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lol every team wishes they had a Drake. But thatís on them, thatís like letting a heckling fan get under your skin.
    To be fair, how many heckling fans get to massage the coach's back and give hugs to players as they walk to their bench... I was waiting for him to walk up to Giannis while he was shooting free throws and blow a fog horn in his face .

But, whatever, if it's getting them even 1% off their game and NBA's cool with it, I'm all for it .

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah drake is an asset in the playoffs 100%. We're Lucky in that regard. He gets the crowd going too. Love it.
    Let them cry about it. Don't they realise, if they're wining about it... that means it's working lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

He was definitely injured and it was definitely effecting his offensive game. Luckily he's crafty enough to persevere, and tough enough to not let it effect his defense.

Didn't realise we would get the full 5 days. That is a huge help if they can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    To be fair, how many heckling fans get to massage the coach's back and give hugs to players as they walk to their bench... I was waiting for him to walk up to Giannis while he was shooting free throws and blow a fog horn in his face .

But, whatever, if it's getting them even 1% off their game and NBA's cool with it, I'm all for it .
    I remember celebs high fiving players and that but not massaging the coach.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast