Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Shaq would slow this soft era down because you could not defend him with twigs. Hed do just fine defensively, players bulked up back then, I think you'd get Orlando shaq for abit longer possibly

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Shaq would slow this soft era down because you could not defend him with twigs. Hed do just fine defensively, players bulked up back then, I think you'd get Orlando shaq for abit longer possibly
    as I have mentioned, I find it funny people are talking about how Shaq would adjust. Um, it's the other way around...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    as I have mentioned, I find it funny people are talking about how Shaq would adjust. Um, it's the other way around...
    I think it would be both. Only 1 shaq and 30 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think it would be both. Only 1 shaq and 30 teams.
    I don't. He ripped up a league full of bigs. He would pound through this finesse league like wet paper dude. I am not saying he wouldn't have some portions of his game that were weak magnified even more potentially, but there is no possible way he could be stopped offensively in today's league. None.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You'd think somewhere in there they'd show him defending someone on the perimeter. Or showing some sort of lateral movement that would translate to perimeter defense. Maybe I just missed it.

lol, bro, I already know all this, you act like Shaq wasn't my second favorite player growing up...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    It would work just as many times as you are thinking Shaq would be on ball guarding Curry/Thompson. You would be able to count on 1 hand how many times it happens a game both ways, I would trust Phil Jackson to create a defensive alignment that would keep Shaq from having to switch, he did know a little about basketball.
    I'm not saying Shaq would switch on to curry, I'm saying when the center comes out to 3 to set the pick, what does Shaq do?

When Lopez parks at 3 off ball, what does Shaq do?

Not sure if you are just trying to stir the pot, but you are an absolute idiot if you don't know Shaq would dominate today, yesterday, tomorrow, or anytime basketball exists.
    Ok, I'm the absolute idiot yet not one person has given an actual basketball response to my reasoning as to why he would be such a liability.

If that's the barometer, then I'd rather be the idiot. For sure

you're still chiming in on this ****? Why are you even grouping yourself in? Shaq dominates any era, period. The degree of domination might be up for debate, but there is no question he ends up a top 10 player ever in any era. At all. In fact it would be amazing to see him today, the league wouldn't know what to do.
    Yes they would. Bring Kanter out, curl Dame around him, open 3. That's a practice shot.

I dont think steph can do what he does under jordan era rules.

Id love to see Tim Dincan’s prime spurs vs the warriors, or even Nash’s prime suns. Would be very entertaining.

Im not saying those two teams are as good as gsw but it would be fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Id love to see Tim Dincan’s prime spurs vs the warriors, or even Nash’s prime suns. Would be very entertaining.

Im not saying those two teams are as good as gsw but it would be fun to watch
    I’d love to have seen Curry on the Suns for Nash. That would have been very very interesting.

I don't. He ripped up a league full of bigs. He would pound through this finesse league like wet paper dude. I am not saying he wouldn't have some portions of his game that were weak magnified even more potentially, but there is no possible way he could be stopped offensively in today's league. None.
    I agree with you, I just think the whole NBA won't suddenly starting playing the game his way. I could see the hack a shaq being even more common. The Warriors lead the NBA and averaged 1.13 points per possession but fouling shaq every time he gets the ball would yield 1.4 points per possession if he maintained his career average. Can you imagine if he was a 75% FT shooter what his offensive game would have been like? It would be interesting to see what teams did against him today, and maybe we'll get a tiny little hint of if with Zion in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok, I'm the absolute idiot yet not one person has given an actual basketball response to my reasoning as to why he would be such a liability.

If that's the barometer, then I'd rather be the idiot. For sure
    I think the idea is that any liability Shaq's huge frame may bring on defense would be more than countered on the other end. If you watch how the league is letting Giannis go through people, then add that Shaq was far more skilled around the basket than Giannis and 100 lbs more man ... it would be a joke.

To your point, I think they would try to get Shaq lighter so he could maintain a higher pace, because I could see teams trying to run him off the floor long term. But when he's on the floor on offense he is a devastating offensive system in any era.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I’d love to have seen Curry on the Suns for Nash. That would have been very very interesting.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think the idea is that any liability Shaq's huge frame may bring on defense would be more than countered on the other end. If you watch how the league is letting Giannis go through people, then add that Shaq was far more skilled around the basket than Giannis and 100 lbs more man ... it would be a joke.

To your point, I think they would try to get Shaq lighter so he could maintain a higher pace, because I could see teams trying to run him off the floor long term. But when he's on the floor on offense he is a devastating offensive system in any era.
    True, however Shaq’s effectiveness in the low post prevents fast breaks. Hard to run him off the floor consistently

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast