Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The reason you choose to "open your mind' to false teachers like Rob Bell is because it's safer than believing that what the Bible says about hell is true. I'm denying the easy road for the hard one. What's safe about that?
    Im atheist. I opened my mind way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Im atheist. I opened my mind way up.

Seems to me you don't know what you believe.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What are your ****ed up beliefs ?
    Well, I kind of got reamed out in another thread when I said that I put my faith in science (which I still believe I do despite being told that it doesn’t work that way).

Seems to me you don't know what you believe.
    eh, or maybe a person is able to see through all the b.s. of organized religion, and realize it's done as much harm, or more, than good?

Abortion, is up to the woman. It is not a man's right to decide what she does with her body. Just my opinion. Again, this breaks down to what you believe in, and whether you believe you have the right to decide for someone else, versus keeping your decisions in house.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

What exactly are you guys wanting to hear? You ask questions pertaining to the Bible, get answers quoted straight from the Bible, but want something else? lol I’m here to give answers as best I can based on Biblical scripture. Like I said before, the Bible isn’t for snowflakes. There’s some hard truths in it.
    hard truths? It's an attempted moral code that has caused wars for eternity. If might be your moral scripture, but it doesn't have to be others.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

marychristine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    hard truths? It's an attempted moral code that has caused wars for eternity. If might be your moral scripture, but it doesn't have to be others.
    Aint it the truth!

A F-ing Men!

While that's true, the discussion with Dugmet was related directly to the Bible. If he or the author he cited misquotes it, I'll correct them and show them.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    A F-ing Men!
    Never said it had to be your moral code or anyone else's, but you are on a religion forum asking questions. So what do you expect if not answers from people who believe in the a religious text.

eh, or maybe a person is able to see through all the b.s. of organized religion, and realize it's done as much harm, or more, than good?

Abortion, is up to the woman. It is not a man's right to decide what she does with her body. Just my opinion. Again, this breaks down to what you believe in, and whether you believe you have the right to decide for someone else, versus keeping your decisions in house.
    So if you dont believe someone has the right to choose for someone else do you mean the mother choosing for the rest of the childs life or the father choosing for the mothers next 9 months?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

How does a book cause a war? I have 50 books in my room right now and all they do is...sit there. I've never felt threatened by any of them getting up and attacking me.

But should I? Have I been gambling this whole time?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Books don’t kill people, guns do.

Oops, sorry, people do (especially those with guns, oftentimes inspired by what they read in various kinds of books).

Pro Life, Pro Choice: Does any of this come from God?

Never said it had to be your moral code or anyone else's, but you are on a religion forum asking questions. So what do you expect if not answers from people who believe in the a religious text.
    A lot of people believe in the text only cultist types say their interpretation is the only one.

Last edited by ewing; 10-20-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

While that's true, the discussion with Dugmet was related directly to the Bible. If he or the author he cited misquotes it, I'll correct them and show them.
    Part of the problem is that you cant just quote verses. You have to look at them in the context of the whole as well as what the words meant historically and in context of the Israelites.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

marychristine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Part of the problem is that you cant just quote verses. You have to look at them in the context of the whole as well as what the words meant historically and in context of the Israelites.

No. part of the problem is that you can.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast