Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Never said it had to be your moral code or anyone else's, but you are on a religion forum asking questions. So what do you expect if not answers from people who believe in the a religious text.
    Wow. How arrogant! You assume that YOUR religious text is THE religious text! Must be comforting to think the world was created with you in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Wow. How arrogant! You assume that YOUR religious text is THE religious text! Must be comforting to think the world was created with you in mind.
    I find it a little ironic you say that last sentence because earlier you seemed to have constructed an entire argument on the premise that god not catering to us enough is an argument against his existence.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Pro Life, Pro Choice: Does any of this come from God?

Lemme straighten all this out with 2 statements:

God is inclusive.
    The Bible is not inclusive.

To argue for the Bible means to argue God is not inclusive. An exclusive God you say? This is actually what turns people against religion and people against people. What if we open our minds and read the Bible as a text that promotes inclusivity? Now we are making progress.

Now I do not believe in God, but if you are going to make Him up... set him up to bestow His grace on everyone regardless of faith or deed — unless your agenda is very different and made by men.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 10-21-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    While that's true, the discussion with Dugmet was related directly to the Bible. If he or the author he cited misquotes it, I'll correct them and show them.
    fair enough man, didn't mean to jump into an ongoing deal. I shouldn't assumed you were speaking as the writer haha

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So if you dont believe someone has the right to choose for someone else do you mean the mother choosing for the rest of the childs life or the father choosing for the mothers next 9 months?
    I don't believe anyone has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body. Carrying a baby is the burden of the mother alone, while it may seem crappy to say, the father has no say at the end of the day what she does with it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

How does a book cause a war? I have 50 books in my room right now and all they do is...sit there. I've never felt threatened by any of them getting up and attacking me.

But should I? Have I been gambling this whole time?
    Don't play stupid. Seriously. We still, to this day, have ethnic cleansing across the globe, all because of belief in religion. If you don't like the term I used, so be it. But don't act like religion hasn't incited a large amount of our planet's wars.

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
    fanofclendennon:

Based upon scripture, abortion at any stage is pure, unadulterated murder. All argument that it is a woman's "right" to kill is hogwash, considering the fact that the fetus is a separate human being.
    If a fetus is a separate human being then how come it's literally connected to an actual human being?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

If a fetus is a human being then the mother should have a passport for it when she travels. After all, you don't want any undocumented fetuses taking jobs away from hard working people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If a fetus is a human being then the mother should have a passport for it when she travels. After all, you don't want any undocumented fetuses taking jobs away from hard working people.
    What a dumb joke.

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Still, youd have to be a whack *** ***** to kill a baby inside of you because you whored around. As far as rape and other stuff... idk. I cant tell anyone what to do. That has to be up to them. If Gods not reaching down to stop them, then who the **** am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I don't believe anyone has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body. Carrying a baby is the burden of the mother alone, while it may seem crappy to say, the father has no say at the end of the day what she does with it.
    Sure, I just didn't u understand which choice someone is making for another person you were mentioning.

Because in both cases someone makes a choice for someone else. In one, the man makes the woman carry the child she is impregnated with. In the other, the woman takes away the rest of the childs life which she's impregnated with.

But if the argument is opposing someone making choices for other people, then which side are you arguing for?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Don't play stupid. Seriously. We still, to this day, have ethnic cleansing across the globe, all because of belief in religion. If you don't like the term I used, so be it. But don't act like religion hasn't incited a large amount of our planet's wars.
    No, playing stupid would be saying religion causes war...

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Still, youd have to be a whack *** ***** to kill a baby inside of you because you whored around. As far as rape and other stuff... idk. I cant tell anyone what to do. That has to be up to them. If Gods not reaching down to stop them, then who the **** am I?
    But that is your view, for your body. You don't get to tell other women what to do with their body. If you really think all abortions are the result of whoring around, yikes...

No, playing stupid would be saying religion causes war...
    It's practioners do, in the name of that religion. Extremists of religion have no match when it comes to forcing their will on others.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast