Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I guess Cavill is out as Superman too, which is probably their biggest loss IMO. They basically have to reboot almost everyone now. Not sure how they can still roll with Galdot and Mamoa with a different justice league if that's what they wanna do. But those two are easily the best pieces of DCU right now.
    With both of them having sequels coming out I don't think they'd be an issue. I only recognize those 2 movies/characters anyways.

So they have Paul Dano as Riddler, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Jeffery Wright as Commissioner Gordon, now they are in talks for Colin Farrell as Penguin and Andy Serkis as Alfred.

IMO DC is doing it again where they are completely overloading the movie. Sure you want star power to get people to the movie ok fine but, do we need 3 villains for the movie? its almost as if they are banking on the movie failing so they are putting as many things in there as they can cause they know they won't get another movie to add them in.

Wow, that is garbage. I am so pumped that they have the Riddler in this one, he is my favorite Batman character, but, man, we all know what happened to the other piece of trash Batman movies when they put too many characters in it....ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    So they have Paul Dano as Riddler, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Jeffery Wright as Commissioner Gordon, now they are in talks for Colin Farrell as Penguin and Andy Serkis as Alfred.

IMO DC is doing it again where they are completely overloading the movie. Sure you want star power to get people to the movie ok fine but, do we need 3 villains for the movie? its almost as if they are banking on the movie failing so they are putting as many things in there as they can cause they know they won't get another movie to add them in.
    I doubt Catwoman ends up being a genuine villain in this one, sort of like how she was in The Dark Knight Rises.

I actually donít mind this. Reeves is writing this almost a detective noir more than an action film like itís a summer cash grab. I think the intention is to grow the universe but I donít see a ton of screen time to these roles.

Obviously in whatever huge case Batman is trying to solve one or two of them will be behind it but I see a lot of glorified cameos in this with plans to see more of these characters at later points in other movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    I actually donít mind this. Reeves is writing this almost a detective noir more than an action film like itís a summer cash grab. I think the intention is to grow the universe but I donít see a ton of screen time to these roles.

Obviously in whatever huge case Batman is trying to solve one or two of them will be behind it but I see a lot of glorified cameos in this with plans to see more of these characters at later points in other movies.

but they have already tired that, it was called Batman v Superman and it really didn't work out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    but they have already tired that, it was called Batman v Superman and it really didn't work out for them.
    Yeah they advertised more of the detective side of Bruce but that movie had issues. None of which was how Batman was portrayed as a detective making the movie look bad.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

I wish theyíd add more villains that we havenít seen yet. The penguin, again? I mean, I know weíve had the Riddler already, but, that was an embarrassing performance, we need a good Riddler. Danny DeVito was a great Penguin imo, donít think we need another one.

Quote Originally Posted by DethRidesAHorse View Post
    I wish theyíd add more villains that we havenít seen yet. The penguin, again? I mean, I know weíve had the Riddler already, but, that was an embarrassing performance, we need a good Riddler. Danny DeVito was a great Penguin imo, donít think we need another one.

I'd been ok with seeing like a Hush/Solomon Grundy matchup

I don't think the problem with Batman vs Superman was the amount of characters. Or at the very least, it was lower on the list of things that made that movie stink.

We know the following are in this:

Batman
    James Gordon
    Alfred Pennyworth
    Catwoman
    The Riddler
    Penguin

If they start adding more it might start to get too hectic, but ~2.5 villains isn't scaring me away yet. There were multiple villains in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. And you can't have a Batman movie without Jim and Alfred. If they do keep piling on the villains I'll be a bit more skeptical that it can work but right now I don't think anything in terms of casting decisions is too much cause for concern.
    HELLO

Its been announced that John Turturro will be Carmine Falcone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123