Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    "40 years of unprovoked aggression from the Iranian regime"

I swear, you can't make this **** up!

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

I missed that, you're right. Maybe they are not counting the US meddling in Iranian affairs before the revolution. Which, of course, was what started the whole mess in the first place.

I hope stuff like Pompeo's tweet is just political rhetoric, but I worry that the Trump administration actually believes the stupid stuff they say. Having people that ignorant of historical reality in charge of nuclear weapons really scares the hell out of me.

I'm tryiong to remember…which country took US hostages back in the late 70s and held them for over a year?

Which country was that????

lol, classic sluggo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm tryiong to remember…which country took US hostages back in the late 70s and held them for over a year?

Probably the same country that had it's democratically elected president overthrown to install a dictator by the US. Done in order to protect US oil companies.

FWIW, according to Wikipedia, this was 'the first United States covert action to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.'

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Probably the same country that had it's democratically elected president overthrown to install a dictator by the US. Done in order to protect US oil companies.

FWIW, according to Wikipedia, this was 'the first United States covert action to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.'
    Which came first I wonder, Iran taking US Hostages in the 70’s or the US overthrowing their Democracy in the 50’s?

Much (if not most) of the oil moving around the world to countries that need it moves through the Persian Gulf. Whole economies are predicated on the free transit of this most important commodity.

How stable do you think the world economy would be if the US (and no one else could do it) wasn't int the middle east to insure free movement of oil? If it wasn't for the US, Iran could put a toll booth in the Strait of Hormuz.

But we're always the bad guys. Just keep paying attention to Professor Ponytail. He has all the answers.

It's absolutely insane. Frighteningly so.

Luckily for these mongering clowns most of this country couldn't point to Iran on a map and sure as **** don't care if we "stumble" into another war where we get to kill some brown people. For no reason whatsoever. But our politicians and media are so terrible that every just accepts that we'll be engaging in never ending war.

If there's anything this country loves more than never learning from history and always repeating the same mistakes let me know.

Well, maybe it's actually just not caring about our pathetic imperialism.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's absolutely insane. Frighteningly so.

Luckily for these mongering clowns most of this country couldn't point to Iran on a map and sure as **** don't care if we "stumble" into another war where we get to kill some brown people. For no reason whatsoever. But our politicians and media are so terrible that every just accepts that we'll be engaging in never ending war.

If there's anything this country loves more than never learning from history and always repeating the same mistakes let me know.

Well, maybe it's actually just not caring about our pathetic imperialism.
    I think if you refer to the Iranians as "brown people" or "people of color" they would be pretty upset.

They're Persians and feel superior to the rest of the Muslim world.

No, they only feel superior to Pakis and Indians, not other Muslims..

No, they only feel superior to Pakis and Indians, not other Muslims..
    Please excuse my ignorance, but don't the Persians also feel superior to Arabs?

Please excuse my ignorance, but don't the Persians also feel superior to Arabs?
    Na not really, they all light skinned

Much (if not most) of the oil moving around the world to countries that need it moves through the Persian Gulf. Whole economies are predicated on the free transit of this most important commodity.

How stable do you think the world economy would be if the US (and no one else could do it) wasn't int the middle east to insure free movement of oil? If it wasn't for the US, Iran could put a toll booth in the Strait of Hormuz.

But we're always the bad guys. Just keep paying attention to Professor Ponytail. He has all the answers.
    JMO, but it would be better to stop trying to overthrow the Iranian regime and giving them good cause for their fear. Make them able to sell their oil and give them a reason to live peacefully. Remember, we overthrew their democracy, not the other way around. If it wasn't for the US, then Iran wouldn't want to build a toll booth in the Straits. They would be using the Straits along with everyone else to sell their oil.

In this case, unlike most cases, you can make a good argument that we are the bad guy. At least if you go back far enough. Certainly the way we are acting now under Trump is stupid and counterproductive.

Segue, sorta, doesn't the US produce enough oil for domestic consumption. Why do we care if the Straits of Hormuz are open or not. It is not going to matter to us. If China wants free movement of oil, maybe they can worry about Iran's toll gate. Seems we are picking a fight we don't need to. Or because we can, which is also a stupid reason to do so.

Just to clarify sluggos bull **** for everyone he is essentially saying that if another sovereign nation has something important enough to us we should be able to dictate that country and their politics. And if they resist, they are the villains in this situation. And here you can witness the birth of modern day terrorism. Kill this mentality and terrorism will die along with it.

I used to think sluggo was just chronologically stuck in racist American slave Master mentality, but looks like he's gone full bore European colonialism racist! He's not decades back, he's centuries back! lol
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-21-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast