Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136

Thread: Iran

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    72,511
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,582
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    "40 years of unprovoked aggression from the Iranian regime"



    I swear, you can't make this **** up!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,045
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    "40 years of unprovoked aggression from the Iranian regime"



    I swear, you can't make this **** up!
    I missed that, you're right. Maybe they are not counting the US meddling in Iranian affairs before the revolution. Which, of course, was what started the whole mess in the first place.

    I hope stuff like Pompeo's tweet is just political rhetoric, but I worry that the Trump administration actually believes the stupid stuff they say. Having people that ignorant of historical reality in charge of nuclear weapons really scares the hell out of me.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    I'm tryiong to remember…which country took US hostages back in the late 70s and held them for over a year?

    Which country was that????

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,582
    lol, classic sluggo!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm tryiong to remember…which country took US hostages back in the late 70s and held them for over a year?

    Which country was that????
    Probably the same country that had it's democratically elected president overthrown to install a dictator by the US. Done in order to protect US oil companies.

    FWIW, according to Wikipedia, this was 'the first United States covert action to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.'

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    28,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm tryiong to remember…which country took US hostages back in the late 70s and held them for over a year?

    Which country was that????
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Probably the same country that had it's democratically elected president overthrown to install a dictator by the US. Done in order to protect US oil companies.

    FWIW, according to Wikipedia, this was 'the first United States covert action to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.'
    Which came first I wonder, Iran taking US Hostages in the 70’s or the US overthrowing their Democracy in the 50’s?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Probably the same country that had it's democratically elected president overthrown to install a dictator by the US. Done in order to protect US oil companies.

    FWIW, according to Wikipedia, this was 'the first United States covert action to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.'
    Much (if not most) of the oil moving around the world to countries that need it moves through the Persian Gulf. Whole economies are predicated on the free transit of this most important commodity.

    How stable do you think the world economy would be if the US (and no one else could do it) wasn't int the middle east to insure free movement of oil? If it wasn't for the US, Iran could put a toll booth in the Strait of Hormuz.

    But we're always the bad guys. Just keep paying attention to Professor Ponytail. He has all the answers.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    72,511
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    "40 years of unprovoked aggression from the Iranian regime"



    I swear, you can't make this **** up!
    It's absolutely insane. Frighteningly so.

    Luckily for these mongering clowns most of this country couldn't point to Iran on a map and sure as **** don't care if we "stumble" into another war where we get to kill some brown people. For no reason whatsoever. But our politicians and media are so terrible that every just accepts that we'll be engaging in never ending war.

    If there's anything this country loves more than never learning from history and always repeating the same mistakes let me know.

    Well, maybe it's actually just not caring about our pathetic imperialism.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's absolutely insane. Frighteningly so.

    Luckily for these mongering clowns most of this country couldn't point to Iran on a map and sure as **** don't care if we "stumble" into another war where we get to kill some brown people. For no reason whatsoever. But our politicians and media are so terrible that every just accepts that we'll be engaging in never ending war.

    If there's anything this country loves more than never learning from history and always repeating the same mistakes let me know.

    Well, maybe it's actually just not caring about our pathetic imperialism.
    I think if you refer to the Iranians as "brown people" or "people of color" they would be pretty upset.

    They're Persians and feel superior to the rest of the Muslim world.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,582
    No, they only feel superior to Pakis and Indians, not other Muslims..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,045
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, they only feel superior to Pakis and Indians, not other Muslims..
    Please excuse my ignorance, but don't the Persians also feel superior to Arabs?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,582
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, but don't the Persians also feel superior to Arabs?
    Na not really, they all light skinned

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Much (if not most) of the oil moving around the world to countries that need it moves through the Persian Gulf. Whole economies are predicated on the free transit of this most important commodity.

    How stable do you think the world economy would be if the US (and no one else could do it) wasn't int the middle east to insure free movement of oil? If it wasn't for the US, Iran could put a toll booth in the Strait of Hormuz.

    But we're always the bad guys. Just keep paying attention to Professor Ponytail. He has all the answers.
    JMO, but it would be better to stop trying to overthrow the Iranian regime and giving them good cause for their fear. Make them able to sell their oil and give them a reason to live peacefully. Remember, we overthrew their democracy, not the other way around. If it wasn't for the US, then Iran wouldn't want to build a toll booth in the Straits. They would be using the Straits along with everyone else to sell their oil.

    In this case, unlike most cases, you can make a good argument that we are the bad guy. At least if you go back far enough. Certainly the way we are acting now under Trump is stupid and counterproductive.

    Segue, sorta, doesn't the US produce enough oil for domestic consumption. Why do we care if the Straits of Hormuz are open or not. It is not going to matter to us. If China wants free movement of oil, maybe they can worry about Iran's toll gate. Seems we are picking a fight we don't need to. Or because we can, which is also a stupid reason to do so.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Much (if not most) of the oil moving around the world to countries that need it moves through the Persian Gulf. Whole economies are predicated on the free transit of this most important commodity.

    How stable do you think the world economy would be if the US (and no one else could do it) wasn't int the middle east to insure free movement of oil? If it wasn't for the US, Iran could put a toll booth in the Strait of Hormuz.

    But we're always the bad guys. Just keep paying attention to Professor Ponytail. He has all the answers.
    Just to clarify sluggos bull **** for everyone he is essentially saying that if another sovereign nation has something important enough to us we should be able to dictate that country and their politics. And if they resist, they are the villains in this situation. And here you can witness the birth of modern day terrorism. Kill this mentality and terrorism will die along with it.

    I used to think sluggo was just chronologically stuck in racist American slave Master mentality, but looks like he's gone full bore European colonialism racist! He's not decades back, he's centuries back! lol
    Last edited by nastynice; 05-21-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •