Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I preface this by saying, no, I am not putting on rose colored glasses. I know what this organization is and I know how they have run the team for the last couple decades. Aside from a few playoff appearances, this team has been terrible for way too long. I mean decades and not 1,2 or 3 decades, it's been a long, long time.

What I am saying is this, after reading Chris Johnson's logic for the firing and if I take it for the truth, is this such a bad thing aside from the strange timing?
    If Johnson actually saw Mac as indecisive and someone who didn't build effective relationships within the organization, it may not have been so apparent with Bowles around because Bowles was so mellow but with crazy eyes, those flaws may have shown much more clearly.
    If that is truly the reason for the change, it's a good thing.
    Would it have been better to wait? No. If they needed change, they needed change. Why wait? Don't go into the season with a guy you don't want in charge, in charge.
    Why not before the FA and draft seasons? Maybe Johnson didn't know for sure. Maybe he wanted to really watch what was happening before he made a decision. Maybe the way Mac conducted himself during those times was the reason he got fired.

You're dating someone and things have been serious for a while and it's now a question of getting married or not. You are unsure and have some doubts. You go on vacation and really pay attention to behavior and interaction to see if this is the person for you. You realize it's not. You take some time to really think it through to make sure you believe your choice is the right one and after you've realized you have to end it, you do. It doesn't matter what your future plan was. You just need to end it.

If Johnson is being honest, which we will most likely never know, he actually did the right thing regardless of timing.
    So I am going to look at this as a positive. Many didn't like Mac and are glad he's gone. The only hang up people have is the timing but if the draft process was the info they needed to make the choice, so be it.
    People can talk about the draft process all they want; if Christopher Johnson saw all these things before, then you fire Mac when you let Bowles go. Then you get a coach and GM in who are together with their visions and you proceed accordingly!

I seriously doubt Christopher Johnson woke up last week and just magically saw these things that he is talking about!
    Eichel Tower

Rumor is the interview process for a new HC is what started the ball rolling.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    People can talk about the draft process all they want; if Christopher Johnson saw all these things before, then you fire Mac when you let Bowles go. Then you get a coach and GM in who are together with their visions and you proceed accordingly!

I seriously doubt Christopher Johnson woke up last week and just magically saw these things that he is talking about!

That is exactly my point. He has been gathering info and watching what has transpired during all of the off season stuff. What I was saying is that maybe he took his time to come to the conclusion and then acted without being concerned about the appropriateness of the timing.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jason McIntyre@jasonrmcintyre
    trying to paint Jets as a s-*tshow, and to stay.
    Trying hard, are they?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

3. The Jets’ GM search will rev up this week. I’m told it remains unclear if Minnesota exec George Paton will accept the interview, but both Chicago’s Champ Kelly and Seattle’s Scott Fitterer are going to meet with the Jets. Fitterer’s interview is set for Thursday and Friday in New Jersey.

4. Of course, Philadelphia’s Joe Douglas remains the favorite, and the one hire the Jets can make that could mitigate the public relations mess of the last few weeks. One reason to hire Douglas, beyond just his relationship with Adam Gase and sterling reputation as an evaluator, would be his ability to assemble a loaded scouting staff, sort of like Chris Ballard has in Indianapolis. There’s a belief in scouting circles that if Kelly doesn’t get the GM job, he could still land in Jersey working under Douglas. And Eagles execs Andy Weidl and Ian Cunningham are well-regarded, and brought to Philly from Baltimore by Douglas—so it’d hardly be a surprise if he were to try and poach them, should he land/decide to take the job.

Seems promising

Joe Douglas will be announced as GM this weekend or Monday.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Joe Douglas will be announced as GM this weekend or Monday.

I hope he's granted full control. I think the only way the Jets get a good hire is by granting complete run of the team without influence of ownership.

I have to think the Johnson boys know that, so I'm optimistic.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I hope he's granted full control. I think the only way the Jets get a good hire is by granting complete run of the team without influence of ownership.

I have to think the Johnson boys know that, so I'm optimistic.
    The GM has always had full control of the roster.

They just don't have the power to fire the HC.

I agree with full control, generally speaking, but I think there has to be some exceptions. Perhaps, changes to a few core players on the roster should be discussed, if contemplated, before they are made. For instance, no one should be able to come in and trade your franchise QB.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast