Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Bucks vs Raptors ECF

If anyone is still around these parts, figured I'd start a thread.

Unfortunately our friend and resident basketball genius bucksalis has been banned until July, I think we can manage without him.

Obviously lopez was huge in game 1. Seeing him attack more inside was awesome. An aggressive lopez can be a big advantage for us.

Brogdon was huge as well. You can tell he's still getting into the game flow a little, but he's such a solid force for us.

Getting a win on a night we couldn't hit a shot through 3 quarters and a night where midds and Bledsoe couldnt do much was so big. Toronto relies so heavily on its main starters that sneaking one out while those guys also played 40+ minutes could be demoralizing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Obviously lopez was huge in game 1. Seeing him attack more inside was awesome. An aggressive lopez can be a big advantage for us.

Brogdon was huge as well. You can tell he's still getting into the game flow a little, but he's such a solid force for us.

Getting a win on a night we couldn't hit a shot through 3 quarters and a night where midds and Bledsoe couldnt do much was so big. Toronto relies so heavily on its main starters that sneaking one out while those guys also played 40+ minutes could be demoralizing for them.
    Pretty much agree. Bucks played a C- game and won with only Lopez playing great and Brogdon being good. Doesn't bode well for the Raptors.

Bledsoe needs to stop settling for 3s and be aggressive driving to the rack. He should shoot maybe 4-5 3s per game. Obviously needs to hold his own better vs. Lowry but Lowry won;t shoot like that again.

To me one coach trusts his bench the other does not. Kawhi was completely gassed in the 4th.

Bledsoe is so frustrating to watch as a player. He'll have like a 4 minute stretch where he's borderline unplayable with bricking shots and turbovers then hell respond with a 3 minute stretch where hes an absolute terror. Hell be all over the floor defensively and get to the rim at will.

And I agree he should attack the hoop more than shoot jumpers. But when he gets a jumper within the framework of the offense, he has to let it fly. He had a couple instances last night when he was playing poorly where he passed up open 3s within the rhythm of the offense and those possessions resulted in bad looks, mainly because the defense can reset if you don't take the shots you're supposed to take.

Bledsoe is so frustrating to watch as a player. He'll have like a 4 minute stretch where he's borderline unplayable with bricking shots and turbovers then hell respond with a 3 minute stretch where hes an absolute terror. Hell be all over the floor defensively and get to the rim at will.

And I agree he should attack the hoop more than shoot jumpers. But when he gets a jumper within the framework of the offense, he has to let it fly. He had a couple instances last night when he was playing poorly where he passed up open 3s within the rhythm of the offense and those possessions resulted in bad looks, mainly because the defense can reset if you don't take the shots you're supposed to take.
    Bledsoe has been horrible offensively yet again these playoffs. At least he is playing well at one end unlike in 2018 but man Game 3 was a golden chance to dagger this series and it took Bledsoe being horrible as well as Middleton and then Giannis was really subpar finishing. Giannis, Bled and Middleton combined shot 11 for 48...32 points on 48 shots...WOOF. And the Raptors still needed 2 OT to beat the Bucks.

I see George Hill playing more now. Lowry isn't a dynamic player where Bled needs to be in to shut him down. Hill can play and Bucks would probably actually be better. Bledsoe is just struggling and almost mindfu**ed right now.

Can add mirotic's 3/11 to that list as well. Those 4 also combined to shoot 3/22 from downtown.

I also take back anything I said defending middleton. He's been atrocious offensively. They need a game where one of bled or midds steps up and haven't gotten it.

Can add mirotic's 3/11 to that list as well. Those 4 also combined to shoot 3/22 from downtown.

I also take back anything I said defending middleton. He's been atrocious offensively. They need a game where one of bled or midds steps up and haven't gotten it.
    Like last series with Bledsoe guarding Kyrie most of the time I gave him a pass offensively because of how much energy he was expending on defense. This series Lowry isn't going to do much blowing past you and finishing mostly 3 point shooter. But, Middleton this time is guarding Kawhi and been very active trying to ball deny. Most energy he's expended in years at that end. I will give him somewhat of a pass. But it's playoff time and you need guys to step up. Bucks got gifted G1 with Brook performance, could easily be down 2-1 right now...but Raps can't feel too good that it took 4 guys bricking to barely beat the Bucks especially with only 12 from Giannis. I like Bucks to win the series in 5 or 6 but need Bledsoe to wake up somewhat offensively at least make frickin' layups. Giannis needs to take over G4 too.

Middleton finally shows up offensively and the back court ***** the bed. Bledsoe has been so God awful and has been a no show for 2 straight playoffs. Brogdon finally had an off night. Mirotic can't make a shot. It seems like every time 1 guy steps up, 2 guys struggle and offset it. We need a night like Toronto had last night where a bunch of role players all stepped up at once.

I like brogdon. I still think middleton can be a very valuable on a great team. But we need a guard who can get his own. When lebron won his rings he had wade or kyrie. It's a 2nd guy we can go to and say we need a bucket, go get us some buckets when giannis is struggling or out of the game. We just don't have that. Midds can do that from time to time, but not consistently enough.

Middleton finally shows up offensively and the back court ***** the bed. Bledsoe has been so God awful and has been a no show for 2 straight playoffs. Brogdon finally had an off night. Mirotic can't make a shot. It seems like every time 1 guy steps up, 2 guys struggle and offset it. We need a night like Toronto had last night where a bunch of role players all stepped up at once.

I like brogdon. I still think middleton can be a very valuable on a great team. But we need a guard who can get his own. When lebron won his rings he had wade or kyrie. It's a 2nd guy we can go to and say we need a bucket, go get us some buckets when giannis is struggling or out of the game. We just don't have that. Midds can do that from time to time, but not consistently enough.
    One of the keys for me before the series was Bled vs. Lowry and right now Lowry who also a notorious playoff choker has lit him up. Bled confidence is shot can see him hesitating out there. I would rather have him just slash and drive and create. Bucks role players need to come out at home which usually is the case. Play much better at home. The thing now is Toronto is brimming with confidence and guys like Ibaka/FVV are back playing confident.

One thing is I know Brogdon is back but why so few minutes for Connaughton? He has been great. Time to sit Bled more and play Hill and Connaughton. Bled plays like this he is playing them out of the series. Also Mirotic needs to shoot well because he has stunk up the joint the last two games.

Mirotic is shooting under 40% from all over and 21% from 3 in the series. He's not valuable enough elsewhere to make that acceptable. He needs to his shots. The bucks as a whole are shooting 30% from 3 and 73% from the line. Compare that to toronto who's shooting 35% and 83% from those spots and that difference alone is 36 points.

And some of that is credit to torontos defense. They've hustled and stepped up. But the bucks are still getting open looks and they need to knock them down.

It's frustrating because it feels like there's alot of stuff to rag on. Bledsoe has been outplayed all series. Middleton hasnt been great. Brogdon is solid but has had a few duds. Lopez had one great game and mirotic has been awful. Bud refuses to make adjustments it seems and just sticks with what weve always done, even if it doesnt work.

But at the end of the day, we just need to hit a damn 3. We're shooting 5 percentage points below what we shot in the regular season. If we shoot our regular season percentage from 3 in this series, that's 10 extra made 3s. That extra 30 points could be the difference between us losing the series and this thing already being over. We've shot under 32% from 3 in every game this series. That shouldnt happen. I don't know if the moment is too big for some of these guys or if it's just some bad timing, but we can still win this thing if shots start to fall.

It's frustrating because it feels like there's alot of stuff to rag on. Bledsoe has been outplayed all series. Middleton hasnt been great. Brogdon is solid but has had a few duds. Lopez had one great game and mirotic has been awful. Bud refuses to make adjustments it seems and just sticks with what weve always done, even if it doesnt work.

But at the end of the day, we just need to hit a damn 3. We're shooting 5 percentage points below what we shot in the regular season. If we shoot our regular season percentage from 3 in this series, that's 10 extra made 3s. That extra 30 points could be the difference between us losing the series and this thing already being over. We've shot under 32% from 3 in every game this series. That shouldnt happen. I don't know if the moment is too big for some of these guys or if it's just some bad timing, but we can still win this thing if shots start to fall.
    Hacksaw prematurely blew his load talking about Bucks as all-time great team wouldn't you say lol.

Yep need Giannis to be better too. Guys can soften the defense by hitting open shots, which as you said Crewfan the Bucks are doing an unusually poor job of. They are getting wide open looks and clanging them. Bledsoe sucks right now. Mirotic sucks right now. Connaughton for some reason doesn't play much. Another issue is Bucks lack of aggressiveness which we saw two years ago vs. Raps. Brogdon doesn't draw fouls. Bledsoe and Giannis are out of control on drives most of the time. Giannis is 7 for 36 on shots outside of 4 feet. That's sad. Most looks wide open too. It's hard to get on Bud for adjustments when really it's the players that just need to make shots. I mean not like many of the looks are even contested or if they are Bucks confidence is shot and driving right into the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Hacksaw prematurely blew his load talking about Bucks as all-time great team wouldn't you say lol.

Yep need Giannis to be better too. Guys can soften the defense by hitting open shots, which as you said Crewfan the Bucks are doing an unusually poor job of. They are getting wide open looks and clanging them. Bledsoe sucks right now. Mirotic sucks right now. Connaughton for some reason doesn't play much. Another issue is Bucks lack of aggressiveness which we saw two years ago vs. Raps. Brogdon doesn't draw fouls. Bledsoe and Giannis are out of control on drives most of the time. Giannis is 7 for 36 on shots outside of 4 feet. That's sad. Most looks wide open too. It's hard to get on Bud for adjustments when really it's the players that just need to make shots. I mean not like many of the looks are even contested or if they are Bucks confidence is shot and driving right into the defense.
    I agree with all of that but the thing that gets me about bud is that he doesn't do really anything to try to jump start some easy offense. He doesnt like running many sets and the bucks just sort of do some pick and roll stuff and let giannis attack. Come out to start the game with a few designed looks for your first 3 non fast break times up the court. Take guys like middleton, who's a rhythm player, and design a few in rhythm shots for him early to try to get him going.

I agree with all of that but the thing that gets me about bud is that he doesn't do really anything to try to jump start some easy offense. He doesnt like running many sets and the bucks just sort of do some pick and roll stuff and let giannis attack. Come out to start the game with a few designed looks for your first 3 non fast break times up the court. Take guys like middleton, who's a rhythm player, and design a few in rhythm shots for him early to try to get him going.
    They need to play Giannis off the ball more to get him going downhill on the catch with curling action. Right now he's facing a set Raps defense too much. That's one area for Bud to adjust for sure. I think Giannis needs to have a huge superstar night. 35-15 type. Kawhi has been primary defender on him it's time to punish the Raps but need others to open things up along with the off ball going down hill for Giannis. Hopefully Bucks season keeps going!!!