Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mac Fired

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Listening too Adam Shefter, it sounds kind of bad. He suggests a power play by Gase. I agree it's kind of BS.
    Mac has built at least a foundation. It's totally ****ed.
    Hopefully I eat my words but every writer I see so far calls BS on the Johnsons and Gase
    Gase sounds like a whiny little *****
    We should trade for Hill so he can break Gase’s arm when he acts up

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Gase sounds like a whiny little *****
    We should trade for Hill so he can break Gase’s arm when he acts up
    It's interesting, I just read another little clip. A writer said essentially that Bowles told the Johnson's that Mac wasn't the right guy and they told Bowles to go screw but Gase is there for a few months and they listen to him?

In fairness, Colin Cowerd had a reasonable point. He said Mac didn't have the personality for the job and didn't have the connections to make the most informed draft decisions.

He also affirmed what Clay said (and what many of us thought), why Bell? I mean after we got him I was like, Ok, cool but I wanted to spend elsewhere. I didn't think Bell was a bad acquisition but I didn't love it. Apparently Gase hated it and asked that they not sign him. Mac still did. I have to admit, that is a bit ****ed. Your HC asks you not to sign a guy and you flip him off?
    I don't think Mac was bad. I don't think he was good. Hopefully, by some grace of heaven, this works out in the Jets favor.

**** off. Where's my title

The only thing that is bad about this whole situation is the timing of it (You let Mac do free agency and the draft, but then you let him go?). Let's be honest, Mac should have followed Bowles right out the door when he was fired in December.

If you want to get mad at anyone, get mad at the pathetic owners we have. That is why the Jets are a dumpster fire!
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's interesting, I just read another little clip. A writer said essentially that Bowles told the Johnson's that Mac wasn't the right guy and they told Bowles to go screw but Gase is there for a few months and they listen to him?

In fairness, Colin Cowerd had a reasonable point. He said Mac didn't have the personality for the job and didn't have the connections to make the most informed draft decisions.

He also affirmed what Clay said (and what many of us thought), why Bell? I mean after we got him I was like, Ok, cool but I wanted to spend elsewhere. I didn't think Bell was a bad acquisition but I didn't love it. Apparently Gase hated it and asked that they not sign him. Mac still did. I have to admit, that is a bit ****ed. Your HC asks you not to sign a guy and you flip him off?
    I don't think Mac was bad. I don't think he was good. Hopefully, by some grace of heaven, this works out in the Jets favor.
    If Gase wanted Paradis, I agree that Mac should have made it happen considering what he ended up signing for that was a big screw up. But we had the cap to sign both Paradis and Bell.

I think Gase is completely out of line when it comes to Bell. Bell is going to be a major asset to this offense both running the ball and receiving, Gase has no reason to complain about this signing.

Just so you know Gase had very similar problems in Miami. One year they basically did nothing to address either Guard position and Gase was the one behind it. The owner got so concerned he approached Gase about it and Gase basically called him an idiot and that he doesn’t know anything about football.

The guy thinks he the smartest guy in the room even though he has nothing on his resume to back it up.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

It sounds like the owner of the team is in England playing diplomat and has left the idiot child behind to run the family businesses, when he has no experience at it. Is he also running Johnson and Johnson and Rahway/ RWJ (Robert Woods Johnson) hospital at the same time? If so, it might be time to short a blue chip stock and to postpone that needed surgery until you can find another location.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    It sounds like the owner of the team is in England playing diplomat and has left the idiot child behind to run the family businesses, when he has no experience at it. Is he also running Johnson and Johnson and Rahway/ RWJ (Robert Woods Johnson) hospital at the same time? If so, it might be time to short a blue chip stock and to postpone that needed surgery until you can find another location.
    Know that hospital well.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Know that hospital well.
    From all that ***** you killed, I am guessing you know it for the free clinic?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I rarely if ever have agreed with Manish but I actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    If Gase wanted Paradis, I agree that Mac should have made it happen considering what he ended up signing for that was a big screw up. But we had the cap to sign both Paradis and Bell.

I think Gase is completely out of line when it comes to Bell. Bell is going to be a major asset to this offense both running the ball and receiving, Gase has no reason to complain about this signing.

Just so you know Gase had very similar problems in Miami. One year they basically did nothing to address either Guard position and Gase was the one behind it. The owner got so concerned he approached Gase about it and Gase basically called him an idiot and that he doesn’t know anything about football.

The guy thinks he the smartest guy in the room even though he has nothing on his resume to back it up.
    The Johsnons are rich but it doesn't make them smart. Gase has obviously sold them on his vision and now we are subjected to it for the next few years.

What I don't get is why he didn't care about the Line in Miami but now he does?

Again, I hope he becomes a 10 time champion with the Jets and I eat my feet but this is starting out really, strangely

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234