Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 68 of 68
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,204
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    It's easy to be torn about this one... we showed that we're just as good as them, and we almost stole game 1 on their court... but it took some well above average performance by Lowry which is unlikely to repeat, and not all that great performance by Giannis, which is also unlikely to repeat often.

    It's still a long series ahead, I hope. As long as they don't feel discouraged by this, and they have enough vets not to be, they have a good chance to win game 2 and then we're still in great shape.
    I think the Raptors we’re tired in game one. That series vs the 6ers took its toll. We played just as well as we could in game one. Lopez really bailed them out ultimately.

    I think Nurse tries to have the team play through stuff sometimes when he should really call a time out. Can’t give up 13 per leads so easily. I don’t blame him for the loss or anything I just want some more timely time outs when we’re in control of the game and feel it slipping.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    28,965
    Yeah I was thinking about matchups before this one started and I thought Marc would lock down Brooke after that series with Embiid...

    Milwaukee scares me. Something about going to that arena with the old bad memories. They have so much depth.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,204
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That's not true imo. The raps bigs were contributing when they were on a tear, and when they disappeared late in the game the raps lost control. Also happens to be when milwakee's bigs started shooting it well.

    But in the bigger picture, which ever team's bigs hit shots, opens up the floor for the superstars to do their thing.
    It's gonna be a drive and kick series for both teams, and who ever hits those shots will win 4 games first.
    When you say bigs I’m guessing you’re referring to Siakam, Ibaka, & Gasol vs Mirotic, Lopez, & Giannis? We better hope it doesn’t come down to who’s bigs shoot better from beyond the arc because if that’s the case we might as well throw in the towel bro.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,204
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Yeah I was thinking about matchups before this one started and I thought Marc would lock down Brooke after that series with Embiid...

    Milwaukee scares me. Something about going to that arena with the old bad memories. They have so much depth.
    Which bad memories ? Regular season ?

    Yeah I think Marc should bounce back and Brook isn’t having another game like that. I hope not

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    28,965
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Which bad memories ? Regular season ?

    Yeah I think Marc should bounce back and Brook isn’t having another game like that. I hope not
    No we played them in 2017 and we were heavy favourites. That series gave me nightmares, they easily could have beat us. I remember it was 3-2 us and the series was even as hell until that point. Game 6 was in Milwaukee and we barely gritted it out to win 4-2. Its just one of those places that gives me a weird vibe.

    Im not that encouraged by game 1. Im scared cus the Bucks missed a LOT of shots, while it seemed like we played a perfect first half and hit a lot of 3s. Its like in soccer, when you're being pressed by the other team in your own half, and you have to work twice as hard just to beat the press and get out of your own half. You can tell the other team is really coming onto you. It just felt like a lot of things went right for us in game 1 while a lot of things went wrong for Milwaukee in game 1, yet they still won. Gutted, was the feeling post game.

    Maybe Im just pessimistic but their depth and 3 point shooting scares the hell out of me. Giannis wasn't even getting his usual calls.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,204
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    No we played them in 2017 and we were heavy favourites. That series gave me nightmares, they easily could have beat us. I remember it was 3-2 us and the series was even as hell until that point. Game 6 was in Milwaukee and we barely gritted it out to win 4-2. Its just one of those places that gives me a weird vibe.

    Im not that encouraged by game 1. Im scared cus the Bucks missed a LOT of shots, while it seemed like we played a perfect first half and hit a lot of 3s. Its like in soccer, when you're being pressed by the other team in your own half, and you have to work twice as hard just to beat the press and get out of your own half. You can tell the other team is really coming onto you. It just felt like a lot of things went right for us in game 1 while a lot of things went wrong for Milwaukee in game 1, yet they still won. Gutted, was the feeling post game.

    Maybe Im just pessimistic but their depth and 3 point shooting scares the hell out of me. Giannis wasn't even getting his usual calls.
    I think we controlled the game for 3 quarters... I don’t think the team goes 0-15 in the 4th again. That was a break down and I think it’s due to fatigue. We were battling in a tough 7 game series while the bucks were getting their beauty sleep.

    Also we won that series you’re referring to in 6 games. That shouldn’t give you nightmare. Infact my fondest memories of this team was that run in 2016. Other than this year.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-17-2019 at 12:47 PM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,613
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    When you say bigs I’m guessing you’re referring to Siakam, Ibaka, & Gasol vs Mirotic, Lopez, & Giannis? We better hope it doesn’t come down to who’s bigs shoot better from beyond the arc because if that’s the case we might as well throw in the towel bro.
    Mostly mirotic and Lopez vs gasol, siakam, ibaka.

    Leonard and giannis are going to do their thing and nobody can change that.

    But yeah, that's why we're underdogs in this series. But if our bigs can hit their 3's then we can pull it out. The first 3 quarters were proof, and also the last quarter but vice versa.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Mostly mirotic and Lopez vs gasol, siakam, ibaka.

    Leonard and giannis are going to do their thing and nobody can change that.

    But yeah, that's why we're underdogs in this series. But if our bigs can hit their 3's then we can pull it out. The first 3 quarters were proof, and also the last quarter but vice versa.
    You know our bigs went 6-20 from outside the paint and 4-14 from the 3 in the first three quarters right?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •