Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
    he was complaining about playing time and using it as an excuse for his poor play.

Quote: ďI think everybody in this game knows itís really hard to do, come off the bench and do it. Getting one [start] a week, if that. Itís definitely tough.

ďI work hard every day and try to prepare myself every day like Iím playing. When I get in there, I try not to think that I havenít had as many at-bats as everybody else or havenít had regular playing time. I try to get in there and get good pitches and put a good swing on it.Ē"
    Oh, ok. He's not wrong. And it didn't sound like he's complaining. He was just pointing out how difficult it is to produce without regular playing time. Complaining would have been if he said he was disappointed with the playing time he was getting. He hasn't earned more time but I don't think he was suggesting he had.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    ???

What did Broxton tell Newsday?
    Discussed lack of playing time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

This. You can't blame BVW for the team's biggest problem: the failure of our top 3 starters. It's also not his fault Nimmo went MIA. But he still gets his share:

Screwing with team chemistry by changing a productive lineup when Todd Frazier came off the DL;

Not being more aggressive in going after Gio Gonzalez.

Demoting his best left handed hitter off the bench in Smith instead of Keon Broxton who offers nothing.

Also, his two prized acquisitions, Cano and Ramos, havent exactly been stellar. Yes, Diaz has been nice as our closer. Season would be an utter disaster without him. But he came at a huge price.
    True and completely unexpected. Actually quite shocking of their under performances by the Big 3. Yet, he had plenty of opportunity bringing an additional solid SP and adding quality BP pieces.

Season not over, but lack of overall depth as I mentioned prior to season's beginning are killing us now.

The solid teams don't have these problems when injuries happen - Dodgers, Cubs, Brewers, Phillies.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Keon is not a major leaguer, must be DFA'd.

As far as Carlos returning, I expect to have some positive moments, but he's not the player he was earlier in his career.

Best non-trade SA ever made was trading for him in 2015 for Wilmer and Zack, we'd have never made the WS. Damn, that sounds like a long time ago.....

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Keon is not a major leaguer, must be DFA'd.

As far as Carlos returning, I expect to have some positive moments, but he's not the player he was earlier in his career.

Best non-trade SA ever made was trading for him in 2015 for Wilmer and Zack, we'd have never made the WS. Damn, that sounds like a long time ago.....
    Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores for a centerfielder who is now playing for us in Syracuse. Yeah, that Sandy A was truly the smartest man in the room.

Where will Robbie Cano be playing in a few seasons?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores for a centerfielder who is now playing for us in Syracuse. Yeah, that Sandy A was truly the smartest man in the room.

Where will Robbie Cano be playing in a few seasons?
    Sitting on a name inscribed cushioned seat on the bench.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Sitting on a name inscribed cushioned seat on the bench.
    Better than any scenario i could come up with.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617