Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I'm suggesting that they're a bad team. Under .500 is bad. Maybe they're not 9 games under, but maybe they are, or maybe they're 3 games under. In no scenario are they a good team. And they were not the class of the division last year. So, again, you were too high on this team at the outset, and you're clinging to this pedantic **** instead of just admitting that you can't subtract those guys and get better. Even Harper from 2018 is better than not having him.
    I said until last season. Did I not? I was never "high" on them. I thought they would be in the division race and not this bad. Most people thought this division would be a 4 team race so stop pretending like that wasn't the case. You could subtract those guys and get better. Murphy was a marginal player last year and Harper was a 3 win player. Not impossible to replace. I'm sorry but do players not progress sometimes?

Matt Ehalt@MattEhalt

5.15 at Washington
    The Nats are kinda sorta bad

Jeff McNeil - LF
    J.D. Davis – 3B
    Robinson Can๓ – 2B
    Pete Alonso – 1B
    Michael Conforto - RF
    Amed Rosario - SS
    Wilson Ramos – C
    Juan Lagares – CF
    Wilmer Font - RHP

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Matt Ehalt@MattEhalt

5.15 at Washington

Jeff McNeil - LF
    J.D. Davis – 3B
    Robinson Can๓ – 2B
    Pete Alonso – 1B
    Michael Conforto - RF
    Amed Rosario - SS
    Wilson Ramos – C
    Juan Lagares – CF
    Wilmer Font - RHP
    See, Clay, this lineup is what I'm talking about. If -- and this is a big IF, absolutely -- if Amed can play center, you would have Hechificanspellhisname batting 8th instead of Lagares, lose very little offensively but gain a hech of a lot (pun intended) defensively.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I said until last season. Did I not? I was never "high" on them. I thought they would be in the division race and not this bad. Most people thought this division would be a 4 team race so stop pretending like that wasn't the case. You could subtract those guys and get better. Murphy was a marginal player last year and Harper was a 3 win player. Not impossible to replace. I'm sorry but do players not progress sometimes?
    I'm pretty sure you said they would win the division this year, or were at least the favorite.

And I said that *I* knew they wouldn't be competitive. They were bad last year, and lost a couple of key guys who they didn't replace. I don't know why anyone was high on them -- which you were, and now you're not because, hey, you're never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    See, Clay, this lineup is what I'm talking about. If -- and this is a big IF, absolutely -- if Amed can play center, you would have Hechificanspellhisname batting 8th instead of Lagares, lose very little offensively but gain a hech of a lot (pun intended) defensively.
    Disagree.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Matt Ehalt@MattEhalt

5.15 at Washington

Jeff McNeil - LF
    J.D. Davis – 3B
    Robinson Can๓ – 2B
    Pete Alonso – 1B
    Michael Conforto - RF
    Amed Rosario - SS
    Wilson Ramos – C
    Juan Lagares – CF
    Wilmer Font - RHP
    I like this lineup against a tough lefty. If Lowrie ever returns I'd slug him at 2B.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I like this lineup against a tough lefty. If Lowrie ever returns I'd slug him at 2B.
    Every time I see a lineup with Lagares in it I cringe.....He's so bad offensively, and so is Broxton lol
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Hoping we can continue this pace. Must continue beating up on the losing teams.

The schedule starts getting really challenging the last week this month on into June.
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Hoping we can continue this pace. Must continue beating up on the losing teams.

The schedule starts getting really challenging the last week this month on into June.
    I was reading an article the other day and they were talking about how the Phillies have had a pretty weak schedule, but in the next few weeks they have a brutal one. Ours is the opposite, was a little tough early on, but right now we have 9 games with the Marlins/Nats/Marlins (8 if you take out the rain out). So we should make up a little ground over the next few weeks!
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    Every time I see a lineup with Lagares in it I cringe.....He's so bad offensively, and so is Broxton lol
    And you have a butcher at shortstop in Rosario. Now imagine if Rosario could play a good CF. Then you'd have his bat there and Hech's glove at shortstop.

MUCH better team.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    And you have a butcher at shortstop in Rosario. Now imagine if Rosario could play a good CF. Then you'd have his bat there and Hech's glove at shortstop.

MUCH better team.
    Lol I was waiting for you to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you said they would win the division this year, or were at least the favorite.

And I said that *I* knew they wouldn't be competitive. They were bad last year, and lost a couple of key guys who they didn't replace. I don't know why anyone was high on them -- which you were, and now you're not because, hey, you're never wrong.
    I did think they were the favorites last year, not this year. They had won the division in 2017 and I didnt think the Phils or Braves were ready to take that next step. The Phillies fizzled, the Braves did not.

That's great. Most people would have disagreed with you. Their pythagorean record and team WAR said they underperformed in relation to their actual win total in 2018. You can dismiss that if you want.

High on them when the season started last year? Because they have won the division 4 times in the last 7 years and won it the year previous. If you want to consider me being "high" on them, thinking that they would be in the mix of a hard NL East, then yeah I guess that's high. I thought it would be a 4 team race. I admit when I'm wrong but whatever **** you need to make up to be the confrontational person you get a hard on being.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-15-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Geez... Lowrie needs at least another month? Who gave him his pre-signing physical? A veterinarian? Talk about taking money on false pretenses. Can’t even send him back. He was a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    I was reading an article the other day and they were talking about how the Phillies have had a pretty weak schedule, but in the next few weeks they have a brutal one. Ours is the opposite, was a little tough early on, but right now we have 9 games with the Marlins/Nats/Marlins (8 if you take out the rain out). So we should make up a little ground over the next few weeks!
    They’ll be lucky to pull this one out tonight... the Mets, I mean.

Already shaping up to be one of those 15-1 losses.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast