Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    https://thehill.com/policy/national-...be-into-spying

Trump orders intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe into 'spying' on 2016 campaign
    President Trump has ordered U.S. intelligence officials to cooperate with Attorney General William Barr's investigation into "surveillance activities" directed at the president's 2016 campaign, the White House said Thursday.

Trump also gave Barr "full and complete authority" to declassify information related to the investigation, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

The notice comes as Barr is conducting a review of what he has described as "spying" on members of the Trump campaign during the investigation into Russian interference.

Sanders said Trump had directed the intelligence community to "quickly and fully" cooperate with the investigation at Barr's own request.

"Today’s action will help ensure that all Americans learn the truth about the events that occurred, and the actions that were taken, during the last Presidential election and will restore confidence in our public institutions," Sanders said.

Barr told senators last month that he was reviewing the “genesis and conduct” of intelligence collection on members of the Trump campaign during the period of the 2016 election, saying he believed the campaign was spied on.

Barr’s use of the term triggered massive protest from Democrats, who viewed it as legitimizing a conspiracy theory.

FBI Director Christopher Wray, who was appointed by Trump to replace James Comey, seemed to distance himself from Barr’s use of the term earlier this month when he told a Senate panel that he wouldn’t use the term “spying” to describe government investigations.

Trump and Republicans, who have long alleged the Russia investigation was started by FBI agents biased against the president, have heralded Barr’s decision to look into the origins of the investigation.

The White House sent a memo to agency heads Thursday evening directing the heads of U.S. intelligence agencies as well as the heads of departments and agencies that include elements of the intelligence community to “promptly provide such assistance and information as the Attorney General may request in connection with” his review into intelligence activities related to the 2016 presidential campaigns.

The memo also stipulates that Barr has the authority to declassify information or intelligence relating to his review and instructs him to consult with the intelligence community before taking such steps “to the extent he deems it practicable.”

The memo was sent to Barr as well as the Directors of National Intelligence and CIA, and the Secretaries of State, Treasury, Defense, Energy, and Homeland Security.

The Justice Department inspector general has already been reviewing whether the FBI followed applicable rules in applying for a warrant to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, a probe Barr expects to be completed in May or June.

Barr has tapped John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, to lead his new inquiry into the origins of the investigation into links between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Trump has previously sought to declassify and release materials from the Russia investigation, including the application to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) to surveil Page, but backed off after U.S. allies objected.

News of Barr’s inquiry into the origins of the Russia counterintelligence investigation came after special counsel Robert Mueller wrapped up his two-year investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Mueller did not find evidence to charge members of Trump’s campaign with conspiring with Russia. The special counsel also did not reach a conclusion on whether Trump obstructed justice, and Barr later ruled the evidence to be insufficient to accuse Trump of obstruction.

Barr has faced deep scrutiny from Democrats over his handling of the investigation, which has been further exacerbated by his decision to look into the origins of the Russia investigation.

Barr has said he wants to ensure that the surveillance was done properly.

“I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal,” Barr said in April congressional testimony. “I am not saying that improper surveillance occurred, I’m saying that I am concerned about it and looking into it, that’s all.”

this from full of Schiff.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Yea Trump is being transparent here...transparently self interested. Barr is going to release what Trump wants released. Not what he should release. Come on now...people aren’t this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea Trump is being transparent here...transparently self interested. Barr is going to release what Trump wants released. Not what he should release. Come on now...people aren’t this stupid.
    from what I have seen, yes they are. there are a lot of stupid people in America right now that allow the Liberal media to control the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this from full of Schiff.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/24/s...mp-unamerican/

Democratic California Rep. Adam Schiff said Thursday that President Donald Trump’s decision to declassify information related to the origins of the Russia probe was “un-American.” Just more than two years ago, however, Schiff called on then-President Barack Obama to declassify some of the very same information.

On the heels of Trump’s decision to give Barr wide latitude with regard to declassifying the pertinent information, Schiff tweeted, “While Trump stonewalls the public from learning the truth about his obstruction of justice, Trump and Barr conspire to weaponize law enforcement and classified information against their political enemies.
    The coverup has entered a new and dangerous phase. This is un-American.”

But in December 2016, just a month prior to Trump’s inauguration, Schiff called on Obama to declassify as much information as possible, arguing that Trump would not allow it once he was in office.

FNK is.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Right. You want Mueller report fully released etc yet you don’t want the origins of the investigation to come out?

What’s wrong with full transparency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Right. You want Mueller report fully released etc yet you don’t want the origins of the investigation to come out?

“Oranges”

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

We already know the origins of the investigations.

You're right. Our political leaders didn't want Trump to win, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    You're right. Our political leaders didn't want Trump to win, lol.
    I wish you the best of luck with that.

I assume that is why our political leaders decided to make an announcement that Hillary's email situation was being re-investigated two weeks before the election?

I assume that is why they didn't announce that Trump's campaign was being investigated until after the election?

I assume that's why the Australians felt the need to alert us of a Trump campaign adviser bragging about the emails that had been hacked by the Russians?
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I assume that is why our political leaders decided to make an announcement that Hillary's email situation was being re-investigated two weeks before the election?

I assume that is why they didn't announce that Trump's campaign was being investigated until after the election?

I assume that's why the Australians felt the need to alert us of a Trump campaign adviser bragging about the emails that had been hacked by the Russians?
    You are gonna want to dumb that down if you want the brewers of the world to regurgitate it all over the place.

You lost me when you said Comey was one of our political leaders. In hindsight, that's true. But I don't think that was the angle you were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    FNK is.

they found new emails. what would you expect them to do. hide that? that would only support more that Hillary was being protected.

then why is anyone worried about an investigation. if nothing new will be revealed and everything was done right then surely this will not provide any wrongdoing, and it would something the left can use to say see I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

they found new emails. what would you expect them to do. hide that? that would only support more that Hillary was being protected.

then why is anyone worried about an investigation. if nothing new will be revealed and everything was done right then surely this will not provide any wrongdoing, and it would something the left can use to say see I told you so.
    No they found duplicate emails that they thought were new. But even if they were new, they should have followed the same policy as before to notget involved with the political process. Trump’s campaign was allowed to be investigated quietly without public announcement for some reason.

We’re worried about it because it’s going to be disruptive to the work the intelligence community and will cause concerns amongst our allies. Why would you share information with us when it’s going to be released? Why should Australia inform us of concerns next time? What about Israel? The UK? Anyone? They know Trump is going to declassify through a partisan lease with no concern over whom he hurts.

The Republicans got the Russia dirt rolling and then your Democrats pathetically took over...
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The Republicans got the Russia dirt rolling and then your Democrats pathetically took over...
    Well we at least have an admission that the Democrats got the information after the Republicans started it. We are getting further away from Fake News.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast