Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Quickest way to guarantee that stars stay away, hiring thibs
    Id get thibs if we already had kd and kyrie not before

The Knicks had several chances to hire Thibs. They took D'Antoni, then Derek Fisher and Jeff Hornacek and finally Fizdale.

Thibs wouldn't be a good fit for the Knicks. He'll run those players till their legs fall off. Durant will be 31 IF he signs with the Knicks. Kyrie Irving has had multiple surgeries on his knees and assortment of injuries by age 27. He's NOT going to last either.

That means depth and minutes limit is crucial to success.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-18-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Top prospect Darius Garland has left the NBA Draft Combine, fueling belief among some teams that he could have a promise in lottery, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Guessing this is the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Top prospect Darius Garland has left the NBA Draft Combine, fueling belief among some teams that he could have a promise in lottery, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Meaning what for Lonzo?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Meaning what for Lonzo?
    Lonzo could play next to him he's mad tall

Could also be the sun's need a PG badly, or even Bulls, one of those three for him to leave told him this is the latest you will go.

It protects the team from him excelling and moving up and protects the player from also falling.

So one of those three teams with the 4,6,7 picks, my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Meaning what for Lonzo?
    Have you seen him play? He may be out of the league soon, no one wants a PG who can't shoot, can't make layups, and can't hit throws.

Not to mention his dad. Lonzo probably going to China soon for real.

The Knicks will begin private draft workouts Monday at their Tarrytown headquarters, and the first one up is also the tallest: 7-foot-7 Tacko Fall, The Post has learned.

The gargantuan Central Florida big man is coming off a rousing draft combine in Chicago, to which he was not even invited at the start. Fall needed to qualify in a pre-combine event, called the ďNext 40,Ē that was staged earlier in the week before the lottery.

The Knicks interviewed 30 players at the combine but not Fall. Knicks brass came into the combine unsure he was an NBA player because of his limitations as a mobile defender.

According to a source, Providence swingman Alpha Diallo also will be part of Fallís group workout.

In addition to the No. 3 pick, the Knicks have a second-round pick ó at 55 ó and now itís unclear if Fall will fall that far after his combine coming-out party.

Fall landed on the map after a solid outing against Zion Williamson and Duke in the NCAA Tournamentís second round, when he fell one point short of a monumental upset.

Tacko Fall is changing everyoneís mind ó including the Knicks'

Fall, 23, set combine measurement records and showed quickness on defense. The Knicks ó and other teams ó are concerned about how Fall would handle being put into high pick-and-roll situations. But they also envision Fall as being a potential lane-disrupter in playoff contests ó a place they believe they will revisit this season if they are able to snatch two free-agent stars with their cap space, or trade for Anthony Davis.

At Fridayís press conference in Chicago, Fall said: ďI feel like [NBA teams] already knew about my game. [They had] a few question marks. Can he keep up with the game? Can he run up and down the floor? Those are the things I improved on a lot, especially for somebody my size. I can change the game in a lot of ways, and I just wanted to show it.Ē

Fall said he has a Shaq-like size-22 shoe and set combine records for wingspan (8.25) and standing reach (10.25).

The Knicks will explore adding another pick in the draft and will make available point guard Frank Ntilikina.

Not the Lakers. They donít need to make a promise since itís unlikely any of the top 3 teams drafting will take him.

It has to be Phoenix or Chicago. Chicago did this last year with Chandler Hutchinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Iím curious what NBA comparisons you guys would make for RJ Barrett? Iíve heard the James Harden comparisons and I suppose thereís something to that if he improves his jumper. Iím thinking more like a young Tracy McGrady or young Grant Hill pre-injuries.
    More athletic Jalen Rose? Heís in that mold of big guards that can facilitate an offense like Rose and the ones you named. Heís not an exact comparison to any though.

yes but read what I wrote, he was not good worse than RJ even first couple years and he played three years in college.

Fans are so funny sometimes, and I hate to honestly bring this up but it fits with what I'm saying, Frank who has shown nothing will be an allstar, blah blah blah....and will be a great 3 & D guy and still some here are swearing he will surprise fans and make us eat crow..........

But a talented aggressive kid who has shown the ability to shoot and do other things gets knocks?

Once RJ works with NBA guys you will see a major difference, in fact i'll call it now, he will make a great showing in SL.

One thing if we hold our young crew, SL with RJ, Mitch,Trier, and Knox wow!!!
    You dont think Dennis and Frank will play? Assuming we hold them ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    You dont think Dennis and Frank will play? Assuming we hold them ofc.
    left out DSJ, oops, but no I have Frank traded for a pick free up cap for the two max FA's.

I have to admit I in agreement here, well written......I even feel that if a trade came down to Mitch had to be included maybe Beal/Mitch is better than AD?

And I don't think any future picks would be needed but everyone not named Mitch would have to be traded to Wash.......We've discussed this in the past as well.

Beal and Mitch vs Mitch, Trier, Knox, RJ, DSJ, Dot???

Charlie Zegers and Bryan Gibberman react to the lottery results, if R.J. Barrettís the easy pick, and where the Knicks go from here.

Charlie Zegers: Iím more disappointed with some of the reactions to the lottery than the lottery results.

Itís easy to mock the Knicks. I get that. But a lot of the #lolknicks stuff Iíve seen on here in the last couple of days is both unfair and stupid.

Letís review.

1) Itís not like theyíre in the midst of a ďnumber one pick or bustĒ tank/rebuild.

They didnít even (really) set out to tank this year. Sure, they embraced the tank when it became clear Kristaps Porzingis wasnít coming back, but that wasnít the plan.

2) Even though they didnít win the first overall pick, theyíre in good shape. They have a top-three pick in a draft everyone says has three elite prospects. Thatís not bad.

3) Itís dumb to complain that they didnít win a random drawing.

Itís not like they won some April game they shouldnít have and cost themselves some lottery combos.

Itís not luck. Itís math.

4) Theyíre still heading into the offseason in pretty good shape. They have tons of money to spend. They have the number three pick and a bunch of future picks. They have a couple of interesting young players.

5) Yes, itís still totally possible that they could screw this up.

Kevin Durant could change his mind. And if that happens they could overreact and spend too much money on Plan B/Plan C (see also: Amaríe Stoudemire).

6) But just as it was silly to spend time debating whether they should trade Zion Williamson for Anthony Davis or not, itís silly to take shots at them for things that might happen.

With a couple of minor exceptions, theyíve handled this rebuild about as well as anyone could have expected.

Bryan Gibberman: Dealing with not getting the top pick when you never let yourself believe the Knicks were going to get the top pick made this all much easier to move on.

I do admit when they made it to the top four, and then the Lakers were called, I got my hopes up just a tiny bit. A tiny, tiny, tiny bit.

This is in the past. Weíre now looking toward the future. I agree pretty much across the board with what you said. My preferenceóand this has nothing to do with the level of prospect R.J. Barrett, Jarrett Culver, or anyone slots in atóis for the Knicks to move the pick for a veteran.

That Celtics wing Jayson Tatum contributed to winning basketball as a rookie in a decent-sized role is more unusual than the norm. If the Knicksí offseason goes as planned, they shouldnít be wasting any of the Durant/Kyrie Irving years. The focus goes from planning to win 2-3 years down the line to competing for a championship next season. No half measure; itís time to push chips all in on a 3-4 year window to win a title. Thatís what the NBA is these days.

Charlie: Agree 100%. There was a case to be made for keeping Zion, if the Knicks had landed the top pick, and playing him with whichever free agents they land, but that case is a lot less compelling now.

That said, the sequence of events is going to be really important. The Knicks have to be absolutely certain of whatís happening with their big free-agent targets before they commit to send all their most promising kids to New Orleans in an Anthony Davis deal. Make that trade without getting Durant, and theyíll just re-create the Carmelo Anthony era.

Nobody wants that.

Iím really interested to see what a potential Davis trade would look like. If Iím the Knicks, Iím hoping the bad blood between the Bensons and Busses is bad enough to kill any Pelicans/Lakers dealówhich is probably the Knicksí only hope of keeping Mitchell Robinson at MSG. But if Iím the Pelicans, thereís no way I make a trade without getting Robinson back.

Bryan: Iím staunchly against trading Robinson, even in a Davis trade. The Pelicans can take whatever else they want, nothing is off limits.

Mitch is the piece who helps bring this roster together, between his skill set and contract. You donít trade rookies who showed four elite skills in their first year in the league. Mitch was an elite rim runner, offensive rebounder, rim protector, and big defending on the perimeter.

Mitch with KD and Kyrie is already a well-fitting ďbig three.Ē Thatís the core you build around.

Charlie: Right. But those are the same reasons the Pelicans will want him. Also: heís from Louisiana, which doesnít hurt.

Keep Mitch out of the trade, and Iím not sure if the Knicks can beat the offers David Griffin and company will get from, say, the Lakers or Celtics.

Of course, Davis isnít the only veteran the Knicks could look to acquire in a deal involving that pick. Alan Hahn keeps pushing Bradley Beal as an option, and I have to say Iím intrigued.

Bryan: Iíd rather trade for Beal and keep Mitch if that was an option. The four main guys for the KD title window being Mitch, KD, Kyrie, and Beal would be stellar.

Charlie: Agreed.

Seems like every day I shift from a trade to keeping RJ.......

Today's mode is to keep RJ, I'm beginning to think we may have one of the many #3 picks that became superstars. We may regret trading him, and he may just be the player in the draft, and we get to keep everyone not named Frank and maybe get Jontay.

I think getting Kyrie and KD and keeping RJ may just be the way to go, and we can expand at any time, we have draft picks and can move players Like DSJ since Kyrie could be here and have a guy like Allen ready to go.

Now of course we trade for AD I won't be unhappy, but I really want to keep Mitch and have to look at the what if's , like what if RJ, Mitch, Knox actually become studs or two of them or even one and a couple good role players, and then lose picks besides.

I think getting two max and making some other smaller moves to fill out the roster is the way to go.

It's important to some how also resign Jordan because he's KD's best friend and we need another center with Mitch that is for sure. Watch Mitch come out and start hitting three's like Brook Lopez, oh boy....

"RJ Barrett was the presumptive [No. 1] pick until the Zion dunk hype started," Odds Shark host Nick Kostos recently tweeted. "RJ is better. [The Knicks] are getting the better player."

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435