Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many W's Will We Fly?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 16.67%

3 50.00%

2 33.33%
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Honestly, **** rest. We had so many rest days last year, and days where we really handcuffed ourselves throwing B lineups out there. Javy rested yesterday. We should keep putting our best 9 out there everyday. The division is super stacked and we need to win a shitload of games.
    Sure, **** rest. And then ***** when the team is on fumes again in late September. Guys need some days off. They just do. And if/when they are rested, that doesn't mane the team isn't trying to win. They are trying to win now and stay fresh so they can win later. I mean a guy like Javy shouldn't rest more than 5 or 6 games a year. Same with Rizzo and Bryant. But they do need a day every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Sure, **** rest. And then ***** when the team is on fumes again in late September. Guys need some days off. They just do. And if/when they are rested, that doesn't mane the team isn't trying to win. They are trying to win now and stay fresh so they can win later. I mean a guy like Javy shouldn't rest more than 5 or 6 games a year. Same with Rizzo and Bryant. But they do need a day every so often.
    I'm not disagreeing with you on guys needing days off. But the team was on fumes in late september because the schedule was ******** and they had to go like 45 days with one day off. The Cubs actually played better then most teams in history have under those conditions. It's a hell of a grind to get through. Days where you sit the bench don't help that much in that situation when you still have to go to the ballpark every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you on guys needing days off. But the team was on fumes in late september because the schedule was ******** and they had to go like 45 days with one day off. The Cubs actually played better then most teams in history have under those conditions. It's a hell of a grind to get through. Days where you sit the bench don't help that much in that situation when you still have to go to the ballpark every day.
    Maybe, but the fact is most guys just do not play 162 games. So do you think that is a coincidence or do you think maybe organizations today feel a day off every now and then are needed? Honestly, how many guys started all 162 games last year? My guess is less than 10% of the players in the league. Maybe less than 5%. I also disagree with the premise that being at the park is no difference then actually playing in the game. Someone suggested that several days ago, maybe even a few weeks back. I didn't respond then, but I disagree.
    Trust me, I remember when guys played everyday. I remember when pitchers had 40 starts in a season and even pitched 300 innings. But that is not the way the game is played today.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Julio Urias arrested for alleged domestic battery.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ce/3664559002/
    Addy gave him tips

I agree we need to rest guys but wonít pretend Iím not annoyed with Rizzo in there tonight. Pretty juicy matchup for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I agree we need to rest guys but wonít pretend Iím not annoyed with Rizzo in there tonight. Pretty juicy matchup for him.
    Agreed. Sucks Rizzo is out tonight. But he does this every year. It just happens.

A day with no scheduled game is much better than a day where you're at the park but not in that day's lineup.

The Cubs have had a lot of the former. Like 8 or 9 of them. Today's the 14th and the Cubs have had two open dates this month. Guys should not be anywhere near burning out.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Honestly, **** rest. We had so many rest days last year, and days where we really handcuffed ourselves throwing B lineups out there. Javy rested yesterday. We should keep putting our best 9 out there everyday. The division is super stacked and we need to win a shitload of games.
    I feel the exact same way. Rest from what? Standing in the grass/dirt for 3 hours, mixed in with some running?

If a player is going to be at the park, he should play. Not sitting in the dugout watching his teammates play. Wanna give a guy the day off? Have him stay home and literally take the day off. Doing everything a player does that's in the lineup, and not playing is not really a day off.

I could be on board with this idea. Right now however, we've had an incredible amount of days off. Nobody need rest. I'd save the rest days for the 20 game stretches in the heat. And then, I'd tell the player not to come to the park. That's a day off.

Speaking of taking day offs, how many is Brian Butterfield going to take?

Just a heads up as well, the NBA Draft Lottery is on in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Speaking of taking day offs, how many is Brian Butterfield going to take?

Just a heads up as well, the NBA Draft Lottery is on in a couple of hours.
    He has a history of dealing with vertigo.

I donít blame him for taking some days off.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I could be on board with this idea. Right now however, we've had an incredible amount of days off. Nobody need rest. I'd save the rest days for the 20 game stretches in the heat. And then, I'd tell the player not to come to the park. That's a day off.
    You could tell him to show up just before game time, but I donít think they should only bring 24 to the park. You never know what youíll need that day.

5/14-5/16: First Place Cubs (24-14) vs Reds (18-23) IGT

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    He has a history of dealing with vertigo.

I donít blame him for taking some days off.
    I literally had no idea about that. Very understandablr them. Stuff like that are a total ****.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 05-14-2019 at 06:52 PM.

And for Kyle Hendricks next act, perfect game and 21 kís on 87 pitches.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast