Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors in 4

2 15.38%
  • Warriors in 5

7 53.85%
  • Warriors in 6

2 15.38%
  • Warriors in 7

1 7.69%
  • Blazers in 4

0 0%
  • Blazers in 5

0 0%
  • Blazers in 6

0 0%
  • Blazers in 7

1 7.69%
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    was listening to Greg papa on 95 7 the game today and he said that the warriors were asked about KD not being there. Apparently, they say KD is getting around the clock treatment and they dont want their injured players at the game.....

but thats odd because Boogie constantly traveled with the team and hes been there all playoffs. Maybe they dont want KD exposed to interview questions about his status.... or maybe there is something else going on...... but i dont buy their explanation
    *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I made the comment that early in the 4th the FT discrepancy was 22-3, and was told that was normal because the Warriors were not going inside, there are several plays there where Curry drives, gets bumped, hacked, and bodied but gets no call. Also the Warriors actually outscored Portland from two so it's not like they were not going inside. I think the officiating complaints were almost entirely that the Warriors run a lot more screens and that looks like cheating.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...905140GSW.html

Near as I can tell from counting the dots and X's (an admittedly difficult endeavor), Portland took roughly twice as many shots in the paint as GS. I don't think the officiating was bad, but Portland definitely went inside a lot more than GS, hence the FT disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...905140GSW.html

Near as I can tell from counting the dots and X's (an admittedly difficult endeavor), Portland took roughly twice as many shots in the paint as GS. I don't think the officiating was bad, but Portland definitely went inside a lot more than GS, hence the FT disparity.
    I think it's more likely that the 22-3 discrepancy was more from the Warriors taking so many shots, including in the paint, with no defender close. The ball movement was absolutely killing the Blazers. It was just that when I looked at the box score mid-game the 22-3 was fairly shocking, and you've got to admit, pretty rare for the 4th quarter of a playoff game.

was listening to Greg papa on 95 7 the game today and he said that the warriors were asked about KD not being there. Apparently, they say KD is getting around the clock treatment and they dont want their injured players at the game.....

but thats odd because Boogie constantly traveled with the team and hes been there all playoffs. Maybe they dont want KD exposed to interview questions about his status.... or maybe there is something else going on...... but i dont buy their explanation
    You're looking too deep into things. Right now is win or go home mentality, these back to back defending Champs, they know that. Everybody's mentality is just to get better and do what's necessary to win. Nobody in that organizations playing mind games right now, that's just outside noise and media.

He might just be the type of person that canít stand to be there if he canít play. I do think some is the questions theyíll field with him there vs not. He gets them all day as is might as well not have the distraction of the questions there if he canít play. Either way itís interesting

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    He might just be the type of person that canít stand to be there if he canít play. I do think some is the questions theyíll field with him there vs not. He gets them all day as is might as well not have the distraction of the questions there if he canít play. Either way itís interesting
    also with it being the draft lottery day.....you know he would get questions about the knicks not getting the top pick and how it correlates with free agency... and no matter how he responded, LMAO the interaction would be picked apart on ESPN the next day.... which serves as a distraction

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You're looking too deep into things. Right now is win or go home mentality, these back to back defending Champs, they know that. Everybody's mentality is just to get better and do what's necessary to win. Nobody in that organizations playing mind games right now, that's just outside noise and media.
    so its not odd that their explanation is that they dont want injured players out on the bench.... when boogie has been on the bench all season when he was injured?

so its not odd that their explanation is that they dont want injured players out on the bench.... when boogie has been on the bench all season when he was injured?
    No not really, they just don't care to explain anything. What needs explaining anyway? Let the guy recover his strain, we don't need him cheerleading we need him playing.

I think it's more likely that the 22-3 discrepancy was more from the Warriors taking so many shots, including in the paint, with no defender close. The ball movement was absolutely killing the Blazers. It was just that when I looked at the box score mid-game the 22-3 was fairly shocking, and you've got to admit, pretty rare for the 4th quarter of a playoff game.
    It was unusual. From watching the game at no point did I get the feeling the Blazers were getting unfair treatment by the refs. We were just outplayed.

Another thing a bit odd about game 1. Not sure if its my imagination. It didnt seem like it had the intensity of a conference finals. It felt more like a random Tuesday Night game in January.

Im not sure if its just the contrast in urgency from game 7s on Sunday and the warriors coming off one of their most satisfying wins in their current run on Friday night. Maybe its just that us warriors fans kind of built the Houston Series up as the pinnacle......but with all the story lines going on about the series between Portland and The Warriors...... the energy level was just kinda mehh. Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Nah, they are still playing mental games, just not as much as they did before they were the big bad.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It was unusual. From watching the game at no point did I get the feeling the Blazers were getting unfair treatment by the refs. We were just outplayed.
    I agree.

Another thing a bit odd about game 1. Not sure if its my imagination. It didnt seem like it had the intensity of a conference finals. It felt more like a random Tuesday Night game in January.

Im not sure if its just the contrast in urgency from game 7s on Sunday and the warriors coming off one of their most satisfying wins in their current run on Friday night. Maybe its just that us warriors fans kind of built the Houston Series up as the pinnacle......but with all the story lines going on about the series between Portland and The Warriors...... the energy level was just kinda mehh. Just my thoughts
    I think it was fairly intense. Maybe the Blazers were a bit worn from their series and being shorthanded.

I think it was fairly intense. Maybe the Blazers were a bit worn from their series and being shorthanded.
    FWIW, in each team's prior 2 series, the Blazers had more than 2 days between games once per series....the Warriors twice per series including 4 days between game 2 and 3 of the Rockets series
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I re-watched the game ... I always thought of Evan Turner being a fairly smart player, but he was out of position a lot on defense. He looked kind of lost at times.

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast