Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

(22-19) Red Sox Vs. Rockies (19-21)

Game 1: Tuesday May 14th at 7:10 PM

Chris Sale (1-5) – (4.50 ERA)

The left-hander has endured a tough start to the season, but he looked like his old lights-out self in this one, recording his second double-digit strikeout effort of the year and finally getting his first win. Sale's ERA still sits at a bloated 5.25, but he's now given up just two earned over 13 innings in his past two starts, so he certainly looks ready to put the slow start behind him and get back to his Cy Young-caliber form of past seasons.

Kyle Freeland (2-5) – (5.90 ERA)

He finished with four walks and three strikeouts over 98 pitches including 57 for strikes. Freeland wasn’t particularly sharp in Thursday’s matinee, but he deserved a better fate than this. His defense made a pair of inexcusable errors, both on dropped fly balls in the fourth, while reliever Bryan Shaw coughed up a three-run lead by serving up a mammoth home run to Tyler Austin in the sixth inning. That was Austin’s second jack of the afternoon after swatting a solo bomb off Freeland in the third. Freeland pitched like an ace during his breakout 2018 but he’s looked anything but this year, compiling a dreadful 5.84 ERA across eight starts for Colorado. The left-hander will look to right the ship in his next outing Tuesday at Boston.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Game 2: Wednesday May 15th at 7:10 PM

Eduardo Rodriguez (3-2) – (5.40 ERA)

The Red Sox' southpaw struck out five on the evening. It's the first time this season that Rodriguez has worked seven innings, throwing 68 of his 103 pitches for strikes along the way. Now 4-2 on the season, he'll look to further improve upon his 4.53 ERA and 1.40 WHIP when he does battle against the Rockies on Wednesday.
    -------------------------------------------------
    German Marquez (3-2) - (3.46 ERA)

German Marquez pitched 5 2/3 innings of two-run ball and struck out seven against the Padres on Friday.
    Marquez also had a three-run double. He gave up 10 hits in this one, but every one was a single and he walked none. He moved to 4-2 with a 3.43 ERA for the season.

Let's keep the streak going!!! Love it!!

I can't find Bags' comment about the (un)likelihood of the Sox getting back to the playoffs, but the odds are obviously a lot better since going 19-10 at their low water mark two weeks into the season. 68-53 (.561) would not get them to the 90 win mark that has traditionally gotten teams into the postseason. They currently trail Cleveland by 1/2 game for WC2. It's no longer unreasonable to think that they could make it, even if it is an uphill slog.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    I can't find Bags' comment about the (un)likelihood of the Sox getting back to the playoffs, but the odds are obviously a lot better since going 19-10 at their low water mark two weeks into the season. 68-53 (.561) would not get them to the 90 win mark that has traditionally gotten teams into the postseason. They currently trail Cleveland by 1/2 game for WC2. It's no longer unreasonable to think that they could make it, even if it is an uphill slog.
    Not sure if this is it from 4/18

I doubt they can play at a .545 pace from here on with all those issues. That's 78-65 add that to 6-13, you get 84-78, out of the playoffs.

'14 wasn't a good year after '13, and '19 appears to be the same after '18

Benintendi is such a disappointment this season. Idk what Cora is thinking. He needs to be moved from the lead off spot and ack to what was working last season

I'm wondering how long Sox are going to keep Pearce. He has done nothing to help this team. Prob will DFA trade deadline or even sooner.

Just when you think this team is starting to turn it around, it reverts back to its ****** early season self

This is why i never liked nunez. The pitcher was throwing balls the whole time yet nunez swings on the 2nd and 3rd pitch to ground out. I bet if he was more patient, he'd get a walk. I hated when the sox resigned him. now we're stuck with him for 2 more seasons.

on another note, hembree is in so more than likely the rockies will be scoring a run here or the next inning.

as soon as i wrote that they get a double.
    Last edited by bosox1899; 05-15-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    This is why i never liked nunez. The pitcher was throwing balls the whole time yet nunez swings on the 2nd and 3rd pitch to ground out. I bet if he was more patient, he'd get a walk. I hated when the sox resigned him. now we're stuck with him for 2 more seasons.

on another note, hembree is in so more than likely the rockies will be scoring a run here or the next inning.

You're like last years BSF... go complain to the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    You're like last years BSF... go complain to the mirror.
    Hey I’ve been very quite this yr.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Hey I’ve been very quite this yr.
    Sure have been!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Sure have been!
    If you guys want I can start being negative again?
    Last edited by BSF101; 05-16-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    I'm wondering how long Sox are going to keep Pearce. He has done nothing to help this team. Prob will DFA trade deadline or even sooner.
    With Chavis showing more positional versatility, I'd certainly keep him on the MLB roster over Pearce. It doesn't look like Pedroia will be pushing for that spot any time soon though. Signing Pearce reeked of "keeping the band together" which is rarely a good idea.

He was cheap and it seemed like a decent investment at the time. I would have liked to have seen him demonstrate health before signing him... and have a team option to terminate after last year.

The comment about 2 more years is wrong though. He signed a one-year deal for 2018 with a player option for 2019. He's done after this season.

And nothing more than that double. Hembree is not my favorite RP but he serves a purpose and does it reasonably well. He's got a 10.6 k/9 since the start of 2017. He's given up runs in 5 of 19 appearances (3.50ERA) and only 27% of inherited runners have scored. His reputation is bad because his splits vs LHB used to be terrible. He turned that around last year and is continuing the trend.