Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I feel you. I will give Gasol credit when I think he makes a big difference to this team. He brings certain elements, but if he was making the impact people are crediting with we would be seeing a better team, and I've yet to see that.

As a point of clarification, they looked awfully good after game 1 against Orlando and I almost bit and thought for a moment we were finally seeing evidence we were improved by that trade, and then last series happened. That was not encouraging.

Now I'm not blaming Gasol, he didnt trade himself. And the Raptors could wake up and roll through the ECF'S. The point of adding a new ingredient is to improve the recipe, and I'm waiting patiently for a better dish.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I feel the fan base has rose coloured glasses on with Marc. When we all have to watch him through 82 games next year I think the fan base is going to echo a lot of what we’re venting about. Right now the hope is still that we got him for the playoffs and he will prove his worth at some point.

Lopez simply can’t go off again the way he did in game one either.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If he was expiring I wouldn’t be as concerned. Between him and Lowry they really tie Masai’s hands from adding any fire power in the off season. Patrick Beverly is a player I really want Toronto to sign if Leonard stays.
    If he was an expiring and we got to keep Leonard, we'd still be over the cap... At least he will now become a large expiring and can be traded for another high-salaried player next year if things aren't looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    If he was an expiring and we got to keep Leonard, we'd still be over the cap... At least he will now become a large expiring and can be traded for another high-salaried player next year if things aren't looking good.
    Would he be tradable at 25$ million ? I guess if he’s expiring it can be done, but we’re talking about a guy who doesn’t rebound well, is extremely limited offensively and is aging worse than my grandmother with a pretty high price tag. I dunno man
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-17-2019 at 02:04 PM.

I feel the fan base has rose coloured glasses on with Marc. When we all have to watch him through 82 games next year I think the fan base is going to echo a lot of what we’re venting about. Right now the hope is still that we got him for the playoffs and he will prove his worth at some point.

Lopez simply can’t go off again the way he did in game one either.
    1000%. Media is this town sold his impact and acted like it was found money.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I don't know guys. I haven't been all that disappointed in him. I feel he's delivering exactly what I expected.

Would he be tradable at 25$ million ? I guess if he’s expiring it can be done, but we’re talking about a guy who doesn’t rebound well, is extremely limited offensively and is aging worse than my grandmother with a pretty high price tag. I dunno man
    He's more tradeable than if he wasn't here at all. If his contract expired this year, we'd still be over the cap and couldn't sign anyone, but we also wouldn't have someone to match a high-salary trade.

We just gave up something decent for him. I think it's possible to get something for him next year if we decide to go that way. But, then, I don't think he's nearly as bad as you make him out to be. I'm still quite glad to have him over JV in these playoffs.

He's more tradeable than if he wasn't here at all. If his contract expired this year, we'd still be over the cap and couldn't sign anyone, but we also wouldn't have someone to match a high-salary trade.

We just gave up something decent for him. I think it's possible to get something for him next year if we decide to go that way. But, then, I don't think he's nearly as bad as you make him out to be. I'm still quite glad to have him over JV in these playoffs.
    This.

That’s true. A trade asset is better then no asset at all. I can dig that angle

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I don't know guys. I haven't been all that disappointed in him. I feel he's delivering exactly what I expected.
    You’re on tinder working double doubles for free Marc gets a **** ton of money and couldn’t pull a double double if his burrito depended on it lol

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213