Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I do think there is such a thing as voter suppression but I agree making someone have an ID is not my idea of it
    Obviously some do, I'd like to heart why.

    Is there driving suppression?

    Library suppression?

    Bank account suppression"

    Passport suppression?

    All require some sort of ID.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    28,151
    Requiring an ID to vote is fine so long as you also provide those without the means to obtain one to get one. Usually those who want to require an ID to vote don't want to do anything to help others get them.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,373
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I do think there is such a thing as voter suppression but I agree making someone have an ID is not my idea of it
    Same. One needs an ID for all sorts of things in life. Needing one to vote seems 100% logical.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 05-14-2019 at 09:29 PM.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,570
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Same. One needs an ID for all sorts of things in life. Needing one to vote seems 100% logical.
    Sure, but I wonder WHY does one side fight for it and the other against?

    All this fraud stuff, etc etc has nothing to do with the argument, it's just stats and what will increase votes for one party over another.

    I also wonder, it's 2020,how come we've been voting all these centuries without any need for Id?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Requiring an ID to vote is fine so long as you also provide those without the means to obtain one to get one. Usually those who want to require an ID to vote don't want to do anything to help others get them.
    Florida State ID (Not a Drivers License) ……$8.00

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    16,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Florida State ID (Not a Drivers License) ……$8.00
    $8 more than you should have to pay to vote
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There is essentially no community that doesn't have access to the internet anymore. There are people who choose not to use it, but there is no reason they can't still do paper voting. But internet voting will be absolutely transformative to getting younger people to vote.
    Agree 10000% on your last sentence.

    And yes older people don’t use the internet in large swaths. Especially older and more poor ones.

    Those are the minority types they target generally for voter suppression.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,373
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    $8 more than you should have to pay to vote
    Yyeaahh....except you're not paying to vote, you're paying for an ID that is useful and/or necessary for numerous things in life.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,570
    I'm bout to get that real ID

    It's that real ****

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    $8 more than you should have to pay to vote
    Not if you want to vote. Then it's quite the bargain.

    $8.00 probably barely covers the cost of producing the ID card.

    You're really making a stupid point.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    21,165
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sure, but I wonder WHY does one side fight for it and the other against?

    All this fraud stuff, etc etc has nothing to do with the argument, it's just stats and what will increase votes for one party over another.

    I also wonder, it's 2020,how come we've been voting all these centuries without any need for Id?
    why does one side fight against ID with one's picture on it?

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,950
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    why does one side fight against ID with one's picture on it?
    Because you aren’t supposed to have to pay a poll tax. Pretty well known fact among eighth graders. You want to go door to door giving folks free ID’s, go for it.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    13,833
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yyeaahh....except you're not paying to vote, you're paying for an ID that is useful and/or necessary for numerous things in life.
    Except if you are getting it to vote you are paying to vote. An airplane can do all sorts of things... but I don't know how to fly.
    Last edited by flips333; 05-15-2019 at 11:37 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Because you aren’t supposed to have to pay a poll tax. Pretty well known fact among eighth graders. You want to go door to door giving folks free ID’s, go for it.
    Voter ID Card (again…$8.00 in Florida) equals a poll tax?????


    sssssstttttrrrrrreeeeettttttcccccchhhh.

    Nice liberal interpretation.


    Why not have liberals fund the payment???

    How 'bout a GoFundMe page for voter ID costs?

    Although it would not make a difference. As soon as everyone got ID cards (free or not) liberals would find another reason for voter suppression. It will never end.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    28,151
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yyeaahh....except you're not paying to vote, you're paying for an ID that is useful and/or necessary for numerous things in life.
    It can't be that necessary if the only reason they're getting it is to vote.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •