Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 106
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,767
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So they choose to be attracted to both men and women? They aren't just that way naturally?
    Exactly the point my friend made, which made me think my position on protection was off.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Exactly the point my friend made, which made me think my position on protection was off.
    So how come your way of thinking on it being a choice wasn't changed? Whether you give in to your urges is a choice but urges themselves are not a choice.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,767
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So how come your way of thinking on it being a choice wasn't changed? Whether you give in to your urges is a choice but urges themselves are not a choice.
    It was to some degree changed. Look man, the subject itself has always been a struggle for me to understand, and my individual level of evolution when it comes to the subject is ongoing. I don't see homosexuality in other animal species for the most part, it still feels unnatural, yet I understand humans work differently. But I also think we need to be careful how far we push socially at times. Mostly because I don't trust humans to not take advantage of rules.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The greatest city in the world, sweet home Chicago
    Posts
    20,024
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    Couldnít think of a good title. My apologizes. Thoughts on thinking the transsexual, gay, gender whatever is wrong. I think itís wrong. But I also donít think itís my job to judge. So I would never say anything negative to anyone who says they are. I would never be anything but courtesy and nice of them. But I still think itís wrong. Does that make me a bad guy?
    I'm going to interject and circle back to OP here as I think only one or two actually responded to him.

    No, absolutely not - having an opinion in America does not make you a bad guy. Infringing the rights or abilities of others due to your opinion, which by your post it appears is not something you participate in, would make you a bad guy.

    I really loathe this notion that people need to be woke-scolded for their beliefs and opinions if they don't see eye to eye with this "progressive" standard. It makes no difference to me if said belief or opinion is rooted in religion or otherwise. In America, you are allowed to have an opinion, a belief, of whatever the **** you want and you are allowed to express it. If your expression oversteps the bounds into impeding others' abilities to live or the rights of others - that is not okay, and you should expect to pay for a price for that.

    But no, believing transgenderism, homosexuality, et al to be wrong absolutely does not make you a bad person. I don't agree with any of those particular beliefs, but I have no problem with you as a person whatsoever because your beliefs are not my beliefs, you aren't imposing your beliefs upon me, you have no expectation - much less demand - that I believe what you believe and that's really all that matters. Believe what you want, scream it from the rooftops if you so choose, just don't infringe upon anyone else's ability to do the same.


  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,041
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So they choose to be attracted to both men and women? They aren't just that way naturally?
    Is it that hard to believe that maybe for some it's a choice and for others it's simply how they're wired? Doesn't seem like a one size fits all situation to me and I don't see why some feel so adamantly that it is.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    28,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    It was to some degree changed. Look man, the subject itself has always been a struggle for me to understand, and my individual level of evolution when it comes to the subject is ongoing. I don't see homosexuality in other animal species for the most part, it still feels unnatural, yet I understand humans work differently. But I also think we need to be careful how far we push socially at times. Mostly because I don't trust humans to not take advantage of rules.
    Actually homosexuality in the Animal Kingdom is far more prevalent than most realize.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    28,100
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Is it that hard to believe that maybe for some it's a choice and for others it's simply how they're wired? Doesn't seem like a one size fits all situation to me and I don't see why some feel so adamantly that it is.
    What is a choice? Them engaging in the lifestyle or who they are attracted to?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26,103
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually homosexuality in the Animal Kingdom is far more prevalent than most realize.
    When a hippo alpha male defeats another they sometimes then mount them to show dominance and humiliation.

    Animals be some crazy mother****ers, lol

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,041
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually homosexuality in the Animal Kingdom is far more prevalent than most realize.
    Dogs seem to be willing to go after anything with a pulse from what I've seen. Sex and even species don't matter much.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,041
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What is a choice? Them engaging in the lifestyle or who they are attracted to?
    Potentially both.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,184
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Is it that hard to believe that maybe for some it's a choice and for others it's simply how they're wired? Doesn't seem like a one size fits all situation to me and I don't see why some feel so adamantly that it is.
    Honestly, yes it is. I get that people stick around in dead end relationships regardless of gender but I have a hard time believing that anyone forces themselves to be attracted to a certain gender (or both) just because.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    It was to some degree changed. Look man, the subject itself has always been a struggle for me to understand, and my individual level of evolution when it comes to the subject is ongoing. I don't see homosexuality in other animal species for the most part, it still feels unnatural, yet I understand humans work differently. But I also think we need to be careful how far we push socially at times. Mostly because I don't trust humans to not take advantage of rules.
    I donít really get how itís hard to understand. Youíre attracted to women because you are. If someone is attracted to the same gender or both then itís because they are. Love is love. Pretty simple if you ask me. Just because itís not the way youíre used to seeing doesnít make it wrong. Also Iím no scientist but Iím pretty sure homosexuality exists in other species.

    What do you mean by being careful how far we push things socially? Like transgender women competing against biological women? Because thatís something I disagree with due to biological makeup. But biology and psychology are two very different things. And to be clear, Iím not jumping down your throat. I just want to see where youíre coming from. These are talks I like having.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    19,681
    Nobodyís going to mention the gay penguins from the zoo?

    Homosexuality is definitely prevalent in other species.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,767
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I donít really get how itís hard to understand. Youíre attracted to women because you are. If someone is attracted to the same gender or both then itís because they are. Love is love. Pretty simple if you ask me. Just because itís not the way youíre used to seeing doesnít make it wrong. Also Iím no scientist but Iím pretty sure homosexuality exists in other species.

    What do you mean by being careful how far we push things socially? Like transgender women competing against biological women? Because thatís something I disagree with due to biological makeup. But biology and psychology are two very different things. And to be clear, Iím not jumping down your throat. I just want to see where youíre coming from. These are talks I like having.
    kinda. The point of most of the animal kingdom is to reproduce. To live. Homosexuality goes against that. But, I also understand animals have needs, and some can override instinct.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    78,767
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I donít really get how itís hard to understand. Youíre attracted to women because you are. If someone is attracted to the same gender or both then itís because they are. Love is love. Pretty simple if you ask me. Just because itís not the way youíre used to seeing doesnít make it wrong. Also Iím no scientist but Iím pretty sure homosexuality exists in other species.

    What do you mean by being careful how far we push things socially? Like transgender women competing against biological women? Because thatís something I disagree with due to biological makeup. But biology and psychology are two very different things. And to be clear, Iím not jumping down your throat. I just want to see where youíre coming from. These are talks I like having.
    sure. Or me claiming I identify as black because it would suit a purpose.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •