Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 offseason

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Assuming MBT is in, the only one who's yet to confirm is Htownballa, but he's played in every season for years now, I assume he's ready to defend his title.

We have 43 days until the start of the season (tipoff is 10/22). We probably should start discussing a draft date that works for everyone. What days work for you?

Last year we did it on a Sunday (10/14), at 9 PM CST. But I can't remember how many managers were able to make it on time.
    I'm in, but I can never guarantee I'll be available. With my job and a baby at home, my free time is pretty scarce/random these days. You guys go ahead and draft when it makes sense, and if I have to auto-draft, that's OK.

Okay, we're set then. Everybody in. @Htownballa, I'm coming for the crown.

Nene's contract information came out today. It's a two-year minimum deal (second-year non-guaranteed) that could get to $10M in likely (because of last season, but not expected to actually convert this season) incentives, which essentially makes him a $10M trade chip.

Last edited by EDUTEXANS; 09-11-2019 at 04:01 PM.

More info on Nene's deal:
    https://earlybirdrights.com/2019/09/...bonuses-trade/

Truly an amazing job by Morey, and a very loyal move my Nene. Good stuff.

I'm in. Sunday nights always seem to work best for me.

Sunday nights work for me, but if it conflicts with an Astros game you'll have to count me out.

Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    Sunday nights work for me, but if it conflicts with an Astros game you'll have to count me out.
    I won't be available October 13th though.

i have no problems with the draft...like every year i preranked my players because im the only one from italy so it is a little bit difficolut find a good timing

Rockets mini camp is happening this week and some of the guys attending are Corey Brewer, Raymond Felton, Thabo Sefolosha, Nick Young and Terrence Jones. Luc MaM was going to come in but now he’s not.

Could you imagine Nick Young doing something stupid and Westbrook’s reaction?

I'm actually suprised at all the support i've seen from Rockets fans in favor of Nick Young... personally I say no thanks. Would rather have Iguodala, Faried, Aflalo, or JR Smith. in that order.

Rockets Just signed Thabo Sefolosha. Not sure of the details.

Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    Rockets Just signed Thabo Sefolosha. Not sure of the details.
    1 year at vet min deal!

Great signing, in my opinion. It's fully guaranteed, but Sefolosha was the best 3 and D wing available (43% from three last season), and he played quite a few years with Westbrook and Harden in OKC.

In other news, the NBAPA ruled that Nene's bonuses on his contract will not count for salary-matching purposes. He'll keep the bonuses, but will only count as his actual salary in a trade, which is $2.6M.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Great signing, in my opinion. It's fully guaranteed, but Sefolosha was the best 3 and D wing available (43% from three last season), and he played quite a few years with Westbrook and Harden in OKC.

In other news, the NBAPA ruled that Nene's bonuses on his contract will not count for salary-matching purposes. He'll keep the bonuses, but will only count as his actual salary in a trade, which is $2.6M.
    Love the Sefolosha deal—I think I mentioned his name in this thread a few weeks ago as I guy I wanted them to pursue. But the Nene thing is kind of frustrating. I love and generally trust Morey, but you'd think he would have touched base with the league before signing Nene to that deal. Now they may have to pay the guy $10 million this season, his contract isn't worth nearly what he thought it was and he's far less valuable in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Love the Sefolosha deal—I think I mentioned his name in this thread a few weeks ago as I guy I wanted them to pursue. But the Nene thing is kind of frustrating. I love and generally trust Morey, but you'd think he would have touched base with the league before signing Nene to that deal. Now they may have to pay the guy $10 million this season, his contract isn't worth nearly what he thought it was and he's far less valuable in a trade.
    Well, with Chandler on board, it seems unlikely that Nene hits all three of his bonuses. And they can easily waive or trade him (to a team that will waive him) with minimal cap hit. They can also sit him for most of the season so he doesn't hit any of the bonuses. Or, if the right move comes along, they opt to face the luxury tax and reward Nene for taking less a couple of years ago and opting out of his contract this offseason.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/09/...post-id=139877

Ryan Anderson comin’ back, it looks like.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast