Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 offseason

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    An active game-day roster is 13 guys. I'm assuming Nene starts the season banged up and on the inactive list. I'm also not factoring in the two-way roster spots. I'm aware a full roster is 15 players, but I'm just narrowing down what makes sense from an active 13-man roster on opening night.
    Ah, okay. That's a decision you make later, though. You still need to pick 15 (+2) players out of the 20 to make the roster. And that needs to be done in a week or so.

By the way, the Rockets claimed PF Ray Spalding from the waivers yesterday. He was released by the Hawks earlier this week. Looks like a G-League move.

Anyway, assuming there are no surprises, and the Rockets take 15 guys into the season (with Ryno and McLemore making the cut) and two young guys as two-way players, I'd assume the 13-man active roster would look like this:

PG: Westbrook, Rivers
    SG: Harden, Gordon, Green
    SF: House, Sefolosha, McLemore
    PF: Tucker, Clark, Ryno
    C: Capela, Chandler

We could see Hartenstein in there instead of Ryno, especially if/when Chandler gets some days off.

I like Clemons, but I just don't see him seeing the floor in Houston this season.

Looks like Gerald Green mighta broke his foot. Could be out months and maybe more if he has to have surgery.

Draft date is set to next Sunday Oct. 20, 9 PM CST. Please check to see if I've set the right time.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Draft date is set to next Sunday Oct. 20, 9 PM CST. Please check to see if I've set the right time.
    Itís good on my end. Thanks, bro.

And your sig that youíve had for ages now is really apropos these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Itís good on my end. Thanks, bro.

And your sig that youíve had for ages now is really apropos these days.

Didn't even think about that.

Gerald Green might be out for the season.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...180238778.html

I feel bad for him, but it isn't a huge loss. Ideally, Green shouldn't be part of the rotation, in my opinion. Should be the 5 starters, Gordon or House (whoever doesn't start), Rivers, Thabo and a center (Chandler or Harteinstein/Nene depending on health/rest) in a 9-man rotation, with either Clark or Anderson being the 10th man if D'antoni chooses to go with 10. I'm not even sure Green would get minutes over McLemore.

i preranked my picks
    lebron-kyrie duo for the third time in a row? ahahah!

I hope everyone had a good time celebrating the ALCS championship last night. I actually hope everyone is alive after that 9th inning. And I'm extra happy for Stros1fan, who's the biggest Astros fan I know.

Draft is tonight, in exactly 12 hours. Hope to see everyone (most of you) there. Still time to pre-rank your players if can't make it.

In other news, the Rockets have trimmed their roster yesterday, waiving Ponds, Spalding and Maker (who they signed Friday, for GLeague purposes), on top of last week's cuts of Frazier and Blossomgame. Looks like my 15-man roster prediction was right and both Anderson and McLemore will make the cut (both had partially guaranteed contracts that will jump to $500k guaranteed if they're on the roster by opening night), with Nene and Green keeping their roster spots.

But I expected Ponds to earn one of the 2 two-way roster spots. The Rockets might be in the market for a 17th player. Clemons was converted this week.

Rockets signed Frazier to a two-way contract. There you go. Seems like the 17-man roster to start the season is set.

I hope everyone had a good time celebrating the ALCS championship last night. I actually hope everyone is alive after that 9th inning. And I'm extra happy for Stros1fan, who's the biggest Astros fan I know.

Draft is tonight, in exactly 12 hours. Hope to see everyone (most of you) there. Still time to pre-rank your players if can't make it.
    Thanks, bud. My oldest son and I went to game 1 of the World Series last night. That wasn't as much fun as game 6 of the ALCS.

Gotta say......Westbrook has been great and so much fun to watch. Harden has been dreadful.

I was thinking the same thing. Harden might be the better shooter, but I could see this becoming Westbrookís team, from a fan perspective. The guy doesnít quit and almost brought us back against the bucks in that heartbreaking loss. I canít imagine harden and Gordon donít break out of their slumps. How about pj tucker averaging 16 and 6 through 2 games!

-I didnít like Westbrook until Durant talked all that mess when he left. Then I thought his antics were embarrassing with the photographer get up and all that. But man, heís so fun to watch. I hope this works and honestly, James is starting to get on my nerves a bit.

-Looks like Aaron Brooks is going to retire after rupturing his Achillesí tendon in Australia. Loved that dude. Hope heís doing ok financially and can get into something worthwhile.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 10-29-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast