Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 offseason

Just did it, and all 10 teams from last year are all already in, via league renewal. If someone does not wish to play this season, let us know, and we'll see if there's someone else willing to join in. I'll wait for everyone to confirm they're playing before finalizing the list of teams.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Just did it, and all 10 teams from last year are all already in, via league renewal. If someone does not wish to play this season, let us know, and we'll see if there's someone else willing to join in. I'll wait for everyone to confirm they're playing before finalizing the list of teams.
    i'm in...after an horrible first season, a nice second season, the target for my third year is the playoff!

It seems Nene is indeed re-signing with the Rockets, according to Kelly Iko. I'm sure it's a 1-year, vet min deal.

Westbrook Rivers
    Harden Gordon
    House Green
    Tucker Clark
    Capela Chandler Nene Hartenstein

As of now, Bennett, McLemore, Clemons, Frazier, Ponds, McDowell-White and Jared Cunningham (who the Rockets agreed to terms on a training camp deal this week) will be fighting for the remaining 3 roster spots and 2 two-way spots. There were reports of the Rockets signing Terrence Jones to a camp deal, but haven't heard anything since. They can carry up to 20 players before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiosky13 View Post
    i'm in...after an horrible first season, a nice second season, the target for my third year is the playoff!
    That's great, dude. 4 confirmed, 6 to go.

With that said, I actually think the Rockets will enter the season with only 14 players on the roster, and the 2 two-way guys, and save one spot for one signing during the season, so they can stay under the tax line. As of now, money goes to Bennett and McLemore making it, and probably two of Frazier, Ponds and Clemons as the two-way players.

A lot of time to go before the season, though.

I知 in but if someone else wants my spot, they can have it. I don稚 get in depth with it like some do and I壇 hate to take up a spot that some statistic freak would like to have.

Also, just why would Nene opt out of a $3ish million dollar contract and sign for the vet min?

It seems Nene is indeed re-signing with the Rockets, according to Kelly Iko. I'm sure it's a 1-year, vet min deal.

Westbrook Rivers
    Harden Gordon
    House Green
    Tucker Clark
    Capela Chandler Nene Hartenstein

As of now, Bennett, McLemore, Clemons, Frazier, Ponds, McDowell-White and Jared Cunningham (who the Rockets agreed to terms on a training camp deal this week) will be fighting for the remaining 3 roster spots and 2 two-way spots. There were reports of the Rockets signing Terrence Jones to a camp deal, but haven't heard anything since. They can carry up to 20 players before the season starts.

That's great, dude. 4 confirmed, 6 to go.
    I'm happy with the Nene signing. It's good for chemistry and locker room continuity, and it makes it so that Chandler doesn't have to play every night and the Rockets always have a well-rested quality big man on the bench.

The under-the-radar question this brings up, though, is what does this signing mean about their faith in Hartenstein? I could be reading too much into it, but why do this if you think Hartenstein is going to get legit minutes as your third big this season?

As for the rest of the roster, I'd be fine if this is what they role with going into the season, but I'm still holding out hope for one more quality 3 and D guy to share minutes with House at SF. I just don't think Tilman is going to open up that pocketbook for Iggy, but Thabo would be great to a lesser extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Also, just why would Nene opt out of a $3ish million dollar contract and sign for the vet min?
    To help out the team, I'm guessing. Didn't he do just that a couple years ago? I assume he'll be taken care of next year, when there will be no running from the luxury tax.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm happy with the Nene signing. It's good for chemistry and locker room continuity, and it makes it so that Chandler doesn't have to play every night and the Rockets always have a well-rested quality big man on the bench.

The under-the-radar question this brings up, though, is what does this signing mean about their faith in Hartenstein? I could be reading too much into it, but why do this if you think Hartenstein is going to get legit minutes as your third big this season?

As for the rest of the roster, I'd be fine if this is what they role with going into the season, but I'm still holding out hope for one more quality 3 and D guy to share minutes with House at SF. I just don't think Tilman is going to open up that pocketbook for Iggy, but Thabo would be great to a lesser extent.
    They can still sign and trade Shumpert for Iguodala, but that seems highly unlikely. They'll just wait until he's waived and offer him a minimum contract or the remaining portion of the MLE. They could have a positive indication from Iggy's camp that Houston is his favorite destination, as he almost signed with the Rockets a couple of years ago.

They could still sign anyone for the vet min (I still expect them to finalize the roster at 14), and Sefolosha would he a great addition, but I heard a couple of weeks back that they're set and will see which camp players stand out to fill the remaining roster spots. Can't remember which reporter said it, though.

Interesting news just now from Woj that Shamarie Ponds and William McDowell-White will be getting the 2 two-way contracts from the Rockets. No clue what this means for Clemons, who felt like the star and one of the lone bright spots from the Summer League team. Could he be getting an actual roster spot with the team? Could they be cutting ties with him because of his height and defensive deficiencies?

I like all three guys in terms of potential, but I think Clemons is a guy who could feasibly come in and contribute something earlier on in his career. He's never going to be a great defender, but I could see him as an Isaiah Thomas type guy who provides elite shooting and a scoring punch off the bench.

I知 in for fantasy. I want my crown back.

I知 also so excited to see an Aussie on the Rockets again. Little interesting fact McDowell-White, he is the son of Darryl White, an former AFL (Aussie rules) player who played for the Brisbane Lions who won three premierships (championships) with them. I知 sure this fact is interesting to no one outside of Australians. Any way here is a video on Darryl White:
    https://youtu.be/6icdS30aFWo

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Interesting news just now from Woj that Shamarie Ponds and William McDowell-White will be getting the 2 two-way contracts from the Rockets. No clue what this means for Clemons, who felt like the star and one of the lone bright spots from the Summer League team. Could he be getting an actual roster spot with the team? Could they be cutting ties with him because of his height and defensive deficiencies?

I like all three guys in terms of potential, but I think Clemons is a guy who could feasibly come in and contribute something earlier on in his career. He's never going to be a great defender, but I could see him as an Isaiah Thomas type guy who provides elite shooting and a scoring punch off the bench.
    Yup, just saw that. As I understand it, they converted to two-way deals so they could convert back to standard exhibit 9 NBA deals, because they couldn't at the time they signed both players and they didn't have the required 14 players on the roster. So I think the decision to which players get the 2 two-way spots is still open.

This is Bobby Marks' explanation:

Houston eliminated $1.8M in financial exposure when they converted the Shamorie Ponds and William McDowell-White contract into a Two-Way. Both players were originally signed on July 2 to a standard contract but did not have an Exhibit 9 in each contract. An Exhibit 9 protects the team in case a player suffers a long-term injury. For example, Houston would have owed $898K to Ponds if he suffered a season ending injury. The team would have been charged the cap hit plus a $700K+ tax variance. The exhibit was not allowed because the Rockets at the time did not have 14 players on the roster. Both Two-Way contracts would eventually be converted into a standard contract but this time with an Exhibit 9 attached. If either player suffers an injury during camp, Houston is now only responsible for $6K. The two players also have an Exhibit 10 in their contract allowing them to receive a $50K bonus if they spend 60-days with the Rockets G-League team in Rio Grande.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnchise View Post
    I知 in for fantasy. I want my crown back.

I知 also so excited to see an Aussie on the Rockets again. Little interesting fact McDowell-White, he is the son of Darryl White, an former AFL (Aussie rules) player who played for the Brisbane Lions who won three premierships (championships) with them. I知 sure this fact is interesting to no one outside of Australians. Any way here is a video on Darryl White:
    https://youtu.be/6icdS30aFWo
    That's actually very interesting. I love international basketball as much as anyone. Don't know much about the Australian league, though.

Count me in for this year again.

I was very inactive last year, but would like to again this year. I値l try to be more active this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming MBT is in, the only one who's yet to confirm is Htownballa, but he's played in every season for years now, I assume he's ready to defend his title.

We have 43 days until the start of the season (tipoff is 10/22). We probably should start discussing a draft date that works for everyone. What days work for you?

Last year we did it on a Sunday (10/14), at 9 PM CST. But I can't remember how many managers were able to make it on time.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Assuming MBT is in, the only one who's yet to confirm is Htownballa, but he's played in every season for years now, I assume he's ready to defend his title.

We have 43 days until the start of the season (tipoff is 10/22). We probably should start discussing a draft date that works for everyone. What days work for you?

Last year we did it on a Sunday (10/14), at 9 PM CST. But I can't remember how many managers were able to make it on time.
    Sorry for late response Edu. I'm in. After finishing second so many times, it felt great to finally get a

I'm good with most days after 7pm CT after I put HtownJRballa down for his sleep.

BIG 3

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast