Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    I'm not giving up or abandoning him. I'm just getting discouraged.

I was following him when he was in Oakland's organization. I want to say it was around the 4th of July when my buddy called me to tell me that the Cubs made a trade and received Oakland's top prospect. I asked if it was Addison Russell and he said he's not sure but he thinks it was. When I found out it was, I could not have been happier.

After being in his camp when he wasn't even on this team it's getting pretty aggravating seeing no improvement from him at all. I thought he was going to be a superstar. I'm just lowering my expectations.

As it turns out, I'm usually wrong about prospects that I track for a long time! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm not giving up or abandoning him. I'm just getting discouraged.

I was following him when he was in Oakland's organization. I want to say it was around the 4th of July when my buddy called me to tell me that the Cubs made a trade and received Oakland's top prospect. I asked if it was Addison Russell and he said he's not sure but he thinks it was. When I found out it was, I could not have been happier.

After being in his camp when he wasn't even on this team it's getting pretty aggravating seeing no improvement from him at all. I thought he was going to be a superstar. I'm just lowering my expectations.

As it turns out, I'm usually wrong about prospects that I track for a long time! Haha
    It was the 4th of July. I remember getting texts about it while at a fireworks show with the family. I was pumped, too.

If you believe in the bat, I wouldn’t get discouraged by 11PAs. At some point his stats will probably look good. The issue is that he’s never been able to maintain that good performance beyond a month or so before he reverts back to struggling.

It’s a funny game. Tommy La Stella has 10 homers and 8 k’s, so crazy stuff happens sometimes. I think there is very good reason to be pessimistic about Russell based on the last 4 years, not the 4 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    It was the 4th of July. I remember getting texts about it while at a fireworks show with the family. I was pumped, too.

If you believe in the bat, I wouldn’t get discouraged by 11PAs. At some point his stats will probably look good. The issue is that he’s never been able to maintain that good performance beyond a month or so before he reverts back to struggling.

It’s a funny game. Tommy La Stella has 10 homers and 8 k’s, so crazy stuff happens sometimes. I think there is very good reason to be pessimistic about Russell based on the last 4 years, not the 4 games this year.
    If it was just these 11 PA's, I wouldn't give it a second thought. But I'm starting to feel like it's just an extension of the last 4 years. I've decided to lower my expectations and hope that I'm proven wrong

**** Addi.

As expected, Karl Ravech knows nothing...

https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status...17828892233728

I was in bed at my place in Seneca for a long 4th holiday when my buddy called me with the news. I couldn't remember if it was the 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

When I started following him, he just cracked the top 50 prospect list. I wanna say that he was in the top 10 the following year. He looked like a can't miss prospect rapidly trending up. We traded for him. I was giddy. My lady friend asked me what happened. I told her how excited I was that we just landed Russell. Like she gave a fug.

I wish he was a better hitter. Just like the rest of us.
    Last edited by thawv; 05-14-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I was in bed at my place in Seneca for a long 4th holiday when my buddy called me with the news. I couldn't remember if it was the 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

When I started following him, he just cracked the top 50 prospect list. I wanna say that he was in the top 10 the following year. He looked like a can't miss prospect rapidly trending up. We traded for him. I was giddy. My lady friend asked me what happened. I told her how excited I was that we just landed Russell. Like she gave a fug.

I wish he was a better hitter. Just like the rest of us.
    Better at hitting baseballs...

As expected, Karl Ravech knows nothing...

https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status...17828892233728
    ESPN continues it's ****** reporting on Cubs matters. Someone needs to pull a Kenny Williams and tell ESPN 'to stay out of Cub business'

Yeah, it would make no sense. Russell seems to be fine defensively and second base, if they are intent to play the guy why would he have to be a shortstop? Geez, don’t do anything to possibly mess up Javy.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930