Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    As he should since he is clearly the better shortstop. Now if you want o argue that Java is the better all around player, Iíd have no disagreements. But IF Addy is going to be an everyday play player on the Cubs... he should be the shortstop.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Who is Doogs?
    Your good buddy! :'(

You passed me in total posts while I was hibernating!

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Good brother. Nice to see you drop a line and show you're still alive. Although I am def. guilty of long periods of just reading and no posting.
    You can always know I'm still alive. Bibbers is my little bro.

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    I hate this.

Javy has been great at SS, he's tied for 2nd in MLB with 7 DRS. Obviously it's a small sample size but pretty clear to me Javy can perform defensively lie a top 5 SS in baseball and obviously the bat is way better than Addison's.

Yuck, hate this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I hate this.

Javy has been great at SS, he's tied for 2nd in MLB with 7 DRS. Obviously it's a small sample size but pretty clear to me Javy can perform defensively lie a top 5 SS in baseball and obviously the bat is way better than Addison's.

Yuck, hate this idea.
    I really doubt Karl Ravech has any knowledge about the Cubs that everybody else doesnít have. Theo and Maddon have been pretty clear that they donít want to rock the boat with Javy at SS and I think itís pretty unlikely Russell hits enough to be an everyday starter on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I really doubt Karl Ravech has any knowledge about the Cubs that everybody else doesnít have. Theo and Maddon have been pretty clear that they donít want to rock the boat with Javy at SS and I think itís pretty unlikely Russell hits enough to be an everyday starter on this team.
    I certainly do hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Sadly enough, this may very well be the situation.

Offensively, he's been such a tremendous disappointment and failure. I've suspected that his off field problems are a contributing factor in his inability to hit, but just from what we've seen this year, he just may be a bad hitter. Such a disappointment.

Plus hit tool and plus power not coming to fruition really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post

Offensively, he's been such a tremendous disappointment and failure. I've suspected that his off field problems are a contributing factor in his inability to hit, but just from what we've seen this year, he just may be a bad hitter. Such a disappointment.

It's been 8 ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    It's been 8 ABs.
    I know.

Four years of being a negative offensive player, coupled with his lack of hitting at AAA this year, and his 8 AB's this season don't look good up to this point.

I'm just suggesting that he may just be a negative offensive player. I've been making up excuses for his poor hitting, but I'm starting to rethink that thought process.

I know.

Four years of being a negative offensive player, coupled with his lack of hitting at AAA this year, and his 8 AB's this season don't look good up to this point.

I'm just suggesting that he may just be a negative offensive player. I've been making up excuses for his poor hitting, but I'm starting to rethink that thought process.
    The most likely result of this has always been that he stays the same player he has been. But so long as you're going to give him a chance, then you can't be drawing any conclusions this quickly.

The Cubs committed to giving the guy a few hundred PAs this year back in November when they tendered a contract. Don't abandon the plan after one week.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    The most likely result of this has always been that he stays the same player he has been. But so long as you're going to give him a chance, then you can't be drawing any conclusions this quickly.

The Cubs committed to giving the guy a few hundred PAs this year back in November when they tendered a contract. Don't abandon the plan after one week.
    If what we get, is what heís been for the majority of his career, we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If what we get, is what heís been for the majority of his career, we are in trouble.
    Agreed, if the Cubs are going to force the issue and stick with him even if he struggles, they can be in trouble. But if he gives what he has the past several years the Cubs can also move away from him. If Bote or Descalso can man the position adequately, the Cubs will still be fine. Russell won't, but as long as the Cubs are ok, that is all I care about.

8 AB to start the season and you being one of his biggest supporters is bailing on him. And these 8 AB should have been taken in the minors had Zo not left the team. Joe even suggested Russell is still not up to where he needs to be. So if 2 of the other times he hit the ball, had fallen for a hit would you be suggesting he is a good hitter?
    I understand those who think Russell sucks offensively still thinking he sucks. I doubt this 8 AB would be something they used as proof, however. He might suck offensively However, as a guy who supported him and made points to suggest he might be better than he showed the last few years, to now rethink your point after 8 AB, is amazing to me.

Iíve been making this argument based on his last 4 years, but you give up quickly. 11 PAs.

If you believed in his bat a week ago, nothing that happened this week should change your opinion. Iím sure heíll have a good month at some point. He seems to have one every year.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast